AMC: Shocking new chapter in Lucci's book

• Members

You go girl!!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/soap-opera-digest-official-page/shocking-new-chapter-in-lucci-tome/10150268598628302

On September 13, Susan Lucci’s (Erica, AMC) best-selling memoir, All My Life, will be released in paperback — and the new version of contains an emotional chapter from the actress on the subject of AMC’s cancellation. In the fascinating addition, written before Prospect Park announced its plans to continue AMC on the Internet, Lucci reveals how she found out that Brian Frons was poised to make the announcement heard ‘round the soap world and vents her anger and frustration with what she views as a series of bad decisions made by Frons that squandered the daytime institution she’d called home since 1970. “There’s little doubt in my mind that this plan must have been in place for some time,” she writes. “One big question that keeps me up at nights is, Did Brian Frons have this on his agenda when he moved the show to L.A.?” For AMC fans (especially those who resented the much-maligned head-writing tenure of Chuck Pratt, about whom Lucci lets loose for the first time: “If Chuck Pratt’s intention was to come on board and mess with the history and integrity of our show, I believe he was successful in his efforts.”), it’s a can’t-miss read.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good for Lucci.

My only issue is why these people keep focusing on Pratt. McTavish was just as horrific and AMC was on its way down long before Pratt joined.

But does this mean all the networks have a conspiracy because none of the soaps seem to care anymore aside from "Crisis Management" Ken Corday and he has other issues

• Members

Pratt was also an outsider coming into the AMC fold. They were still in NYC then, too, so it's not like he was a side effect of "the big move." He was basically a stranger who went into the AMC "home" and did his business. McTavish, for all her craziness, was involved with the show off and on for 20 years. She was a whack job, but she was THEIR whack job, and they knew how to deal with her. Pratt was like the evil new principal that no one likes.

• Members

Your mileage will vary, but this show changed for the worse when Pratt took over it and AMC was never the same once he was done. Prior to 08' there was always a semblance of hope that AMC could be returned to it's former self. Not so under Pratt which is why we've seen the show contorting itself into various positions to try and make up for all the damage that Pratt did in such a very short amount of time.

Archived