AMC: Shocking new chapter in Lucci's book

• Members

Is what they are saying wrong or just unpleasant to read?

It's easy to say "get the [!@#$%^&*] out of here" but that's what millions of viewers have been doing every year. How's that worked out so far? All those people are potential viewers or, worse yet,, former viewers. Dismissing them because you don't like the feedback is part of the reason we're here. Prospect Park is going to need those people - who are clearly engaged enough to comment AND active on the internet - to give their product a shot in order to replace the viewers who can't/won't make the jump.

Anyway I'm glad SuLu is getting little more honest. I only hope others follow suit.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, no, what they're saying is correct. "I’m pretty sure that what destroyed the show was that it was absolutely terrible and not enough people cared anymore" is correct (IMO at least), but the way it's presented as if Frons and TPTB had nothing at all to do with that, therefore Lucci is crazy and just looking for someone to blame, is what annoys me. Who should be held accountable for all of the mistakes that have been made over the last ten years? If not the writers who wrote the shows or producers who produced them or executive who oversaw the whole operation, then who?

Lucci kept her mouth shut through some pretty crazy stuff, and now she's finally taking baby steps towards voicing her real opinion, and the first thing some people want to do is write her off as a crazy has-been who can't accept reality. I'm not cool with that.

• Members

I don't know whether I would've held my tongue for as long as SL has (my tell-all would've been out long ago), but I wouldn't blame her in the slightest for speaking out or write her off as some bitter, crazy has-been. Clearly, playing Erica meant a lot to her; and the truth is, unless and until all parties come to an agreement, there's a good chance Erica's story has come to an end. As I said elsewhere, she'll move onto bigger and better things, but you get only chance to play Scarlett O'Hara.

Instead of anchoring her to the final season of DH, Marc Cherry would be wise to cast her in a new project. I'm just saying.

Girl, from your mouth to God's Oprah's ears.

• Members

All I can say is YOU GO SuLu! Finally the truth about the devastation that Brian Frons has caused at ABC, which online fans have been complaining about for YEARS, is out in the open. How in the world the man still has a job after pushing such disgusting themes of violence, demeaning stories of rape, murder, mob bosses as the hero and cops as idiot bad guys, pushing minority characters so far to the back of the bus that they fall out, disrespect of older viewers like no other exec in tv...he should have been run out of town years ago!

• Members

Because it's Lucci, and she's actually speaking out, and we all know that if she's speaking out about something, it's deeper than just a "has-been soap actress" trying to sell books. She's been rather dismissive of Frons throughout the whole cancellation saga, so it shouldn't shock anyone that she doesn't view him favorably. It's not like she regularly takes the time to go public with what she thinks about the BTS happenings she's witnessed. This isn't Robin Strasser trying to jump stupid with Oprah, it's Lucci saying what many of us have suspected for years, so I have to wonder who these people who act as if the executives in charge of the shows had nothing to do with the piss-poor quality and ass backwards thinking of the shows.

• Members

Soaps have always been dismissed as trash by most of the popular culture mindset, and any time any actor ever criticizes their show, they are almost always dismissed for opening their mouth (unless the fan agrees with what they are saying - most of the main pop culture sites that would talk about this would probably have a lot of people who wouldn't know anything about who runs ABC Daytime), so Susan Lucci does run the risk of backlash. But at this point she has very little to lose, and a lot of people might just get a kick out of it and think that's what Erica would say.

• Members

Susan Lucci has grinned and bore it for decades more than any other soap star out there, including even the great Erika Slezak. She is entitled to this and while it was shocking hearing it from her, it was a long time coming and I welcome her catharsis. I hope she does strike while the iron is hot and do a lot more work on primetime and perhaps even a little film. I have nothing but love and respect for her. She's all grace.

• Members

I know some people are saying "Why did she wait so long?" but the fact that she waited so long is what makes this more powerful. No matter what, Susan Lucci has always put on that Erica Kane smile and supported the show. This goes against 40+years of playing good soldier. Compare her to Robin Strasser who has never filtered anything. Yes, she's a drama queen but Strasser has made a lot of valid points over the years but she's been a lot easier to dismiss because she never shuts up. I'm not saying that's bad. I think the genre has needed more of that. (Although Twitter was the worst thing to ever happen to that woman.)

Archived