All Soaps: Were There Writers/Producers Who Disliked/Hated A Character?

• Members

When Flash was revealed as Sarah, she said Cain and Tina had gotten back together, pulled cons, and abandoned Sarah and CJ. It made Tina look horrible. No matter what she had loved her kids and was there for them.

Supposedly they were going to bring Tina back around this time (recast) and it fell through, but it was just unnecessary to do that to her.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's always been the problem with Tina; no one, save for Peggy O'Shea and Sam Hall, has ever known how to write for that particular character. Lean too much one way, and she becomes a bimbo; lean too much the other way, and now she's a self-centered bitch.

• Members

Guza on GH HATED Elizabeth, and anyone with the last name Quartermaine

Pratt on AMC hated Kendall

I always thought Passante on ATWT hated Carly Tenney

I think Carlavati hates Jessica & Brody

+1

She was basically forced to create the character of Zach, it was obvious in her writing

• Members

What I'd like to know is what played into the decision to remake sweet "Tina Clayton" from 1978-81 into vixenish "Tina Lord" from '85 onward. Because, let's be honest: if Marco Dane had threatened to release fake nude photos of "Tina Lord" to the public, would anyone really have been shocked, lol?

• Members

I always thought that the idea probably originated when they got Kelli Maroney, since she'd played that role on RH, and Tina was a blank slate. Then after she left, and Andrea returned, they carried on with the original plans.

What I always liked most about AE Tina was her sweetness, even when she was being a huge bitch. I don't know how Andrea, or the writing, pulled it off, but she always did.

• Members

I'm sure Pratt was telling the truth, too. God knows I've never enjoyed his writing. I just don't understand how a writer can be plot-driven, though. Perhaps it's just the way I would approach storytelling, but I feel like the characters almost have to sit down and tell you who they are and where they want to go before you know what you have to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived