All Soaps: Were There Writers/Producers Who Disliked/Hated A Character?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JFP Friankie Fram on ANother World?

PR at AW @ Riehholt? I know hthere are some others from PR

I think Lemay,> an actress or two from there as well(AW)

I bet Carl know alot about this

OOOOOOHH!!

The Hursley's I think and Jo Tate or Turner. Don't know her last name from SFT.

Also, Irna Philips had a few over the years at GL and ATWT I think

And it seems Dena Higley hates Crysytal Chappell on Days. It's horrifying what is being written for her. I'll add Chloe to the list too

• Members

I remember when Gordon Reyfield took over at AMC from Richard Culliton in Dec 2002 he hated Kendall's brother Trey and wrote him out. I remember in a later interview Alicia Minshew said she was pissed at that cause her and Sam Page (Trey) worked well together and she liked having him on set

I guess karma is swift cause Gordon only lasted 6 months to be replaced by McTavish

• Members

Megan McTavish I think had it out for Zach, even though she created him? blink.png

She resented the character's popularity with Kendall and when she was mandated to make them a full blown couple, every opportunity she got she made Ryan look good at the expense of him. Then again she would make Ryan look good at the expense of her own mother so....

• Members

Yeah He was David, Leo & Kendall's Bro. Maggie's Cousin & Vanessa's son. Plus he was showing intrest in Greenlee while dating Jenelle who let him help Reggie. Maybe he should come back on the PP version. Trey should be outta jail by now.

• Members

Linda Gottlieb and Clint Buchanan

I would also add, although it's just speculation, Michael Malone and Tina. I don't think he ever "got" her, and the material for her in 1994-1995 was awful. Then in 2003 he destroyed her character.

• Members

Thats why I love writers like Claire Labine & Doug Marland cause they said when u come in u have to listen to what the audience wants and not what u the writer wants.

Case in point RH wrote Dakota as Johnny's ilegitimete son. Something claire admits she wouldnt have wrote but she recoginized that he was a fan fave when she returned in Feb 1987 and kept him til his contract ended in fall 1988

Well MM did write Tina from 1991-94 when Karen Witter played her and wasnt she a fan fave in the role?

• Members

Karen was popular, yes, but she was in the role about a year before Malone arrived and even then she was Tina Lite, and some of the stuff she did never seemed like Tina to me (like having sex on a dirty warehouse floor). Once Karen wasn't in the role and Cain was gone Malone was totally lost with what to do with her. When Jean would verbally eviscerate her I kind of felt like that was Malone's view of the character.

Archived