B&B: August Discussion Thread

• Members

The best thing about the whole sequence was how understated Katie's medical crisis was played. Aside from the "gotcha" Friday cliffhanger where Katie held her chest and gasped for a second, the show wisely played up Katie's confrontation and all the stuff she spewed at Bill.

To have Katie collapse off camera as Bill was calling off the board meeting was good enough. Had Katie reamed Bill a new coinslot, as someone said above, and then went through the histrionics of clutching her chest, etc., it might have been a bit over the top.

Either way, spectacular episode. Heather really nailed it and I'll be quite surprised if she's not up for another Emmy next year.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It only is as powerful on soaps. We know those characters and their relationship: if right like wirh BIll & Katie viewers are invested and therefore it is more compelling than anything on a primetime series... Too bad B&B won't keep this up and we'll soon be back with Bridge garbage and musical chairs pairings but right now this is a prime example what Brad & gang are ABLE to write.

• Members

I haven't even liked this show in the last couple of years and i'm LOVING IT right now.

HTom is amazing. Whoever wrote her dialogue deserves an Emmy. Her delivery was perfect and she deserves an Emmy.

Can't stomach Steffy and JMW's limited range makes it even worse, otherwise the triangle could have been interesting.

I've never liked Amber, but for some reason I like her in Marcus' sphere and don't know that I could choose between Amber and Dayzee.

I think the actress who plays Dayzee is ADORABLE. There is something so different about her. She's the one younger actress who doesn't have to choose between giving off an air of vulnerability or bit of 'toughness' - she can do both at the same time. Hope is played as fragile, Steffy as an emotionless screeching block of wood... Dayzee? Perfect. She never goes too far in either direction (warm and sweet or able to break off the size 9s).

• Members

Heather Tom did a really awesome job in yesterdays show. That was one of the most gripping performances I've seen in awhile. Amazing! This story is on point!

Ok, Steffy & Liam are a little cute...ph34r.png

I love that Steffy was the one who bought Jackie & Owens house!

How annoying were those Brooke/Donna scenes today? LOL. That conversation was just pointless and stupid.

Amber/Marcus/Dayzee? IDK yet. I'm still wondering why Dayzee isn't more mad at Marcus for sleeping with Amber behind her back when they began dating?

• Members

I thougt Liam and Steffy were going to get together last year when he joined. I liked them then and thought it would have been an intersting dynamic to have this hot, assertive Steffy fall for computer geek Liam. They almost gave me a Naomi/Max vibe (90210) but they then stuck him with Hope

• Members

Steffy & Liam hooking would tangle Steffy into two separate triangles. Sounds pretty messy. I thought Steffy/Liam/Hope was done and over with months ago. The show tried to make that happen but it stopped when Steffy went to Paris for a while. IDK, I like Steffy/Bill/Katie better but if Steffy started sniffing around Bill's SON, that has potential for sooo much drama! We'll see.

• Members

I dont want Steffy to go after Bill's son....I dont want her to become Brooke Jr.! She loves Bill so I want them to stick with that. Plus he's a boy; she needs to stick with her man smile.png Im done with her fightign with Hope over a guy

• Members

She didn't have the last name only when the production team was coming up with the opening, a month before the opening actually premiered. When it did, they had her last name, Leigh, featured.

There have been no updates yet. We had Marcus and Justin in the opening for awhile even though they weren't contract, and Rick Hearst is still there even though he isn't contract anymore.

Archived