Kim Zimmer interview

• Members

My post was not directed at you, as you were one of the more objective posters.

However, to me, the point of the interview is simply to promote Kim's book, which is about her career in soaps, and specifically about her run on GL. Obviously, it is HER experience; therefore, she will discuss what she liked and did not like. I did not interpret the headline about speaking the truth to mean that it's the whole truth, only truth, so help her God, but rather a hint that unlike other books (Eileen Fulton's and Lucci's), Kim's will have more anecdotes, and she will not hold back on her feelings about things however harsh they may be. This is how I interpreted it, and it is even stated in the prologue that because it's Zimmer, you know what her responses will be like, an oblique reference to the fact that it WILL be like her other interviews. I think people are reading too much into it.

I also do not get why everyone is so hung up on her being a Peapack truthteller. Again, she was asked a direct question about Ellen Wheeler and commented. It is only mentioned once. I never had the impression that the book would focus on the Peapack days, and thank God, because I would not waste my time with it.

As for her fond memories pre-2008, I'm perplexed. I do not recall her saying anything of the kind. She said that as an actress it was fun to play the clone and time travel, yet she felt that it did not benefit the show because it was hype and drama. She is 100% correct, and I believe this is evidence that she has ambivalent feelings about the pre-Pack days, though they were not as horrific as what the show morphed into at the end.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't mean to say she was acting like all the years pre-2008 were brilliant. I just think that the tone of the interview, or how Logan interviews, is oh well the show was so well put together and then Ellen Wheeler ruined everything. For me, Kim is the wrong person to have that type of interview with.

I guess I also feel like the Peapack stuff has been rehashed so many times, most recently by Carolyn Hinsey. I can't defend Ellen Wheeler's stupid choices regarding the way it was handled, and I know that some actors did, whether they meant it or not, praise the Peapack stuff, but more recently it's just been a drumbeat of what a disaster this was and how it ruined GL and so on. I wish there was more depth than this. For instance, I thought the last half of 1996 was much worse than anything I watched in the Peapack material (except for Grady). I know he isn't going to sit around talking about Save Fifth Street, or some of the later blunders, but I'd like to hear about more than "Worst. GL. Ever." The clone part is interesting, but I felt like that was an oversimplification.

I wish they'd talked more about her time at the Doctors, or Santa Barbara. If it had been a longer interview I would have felt like it was fresher ground.

• Members

i didnt know this had to be a I love KZ thread

The woman wrote a tell all where she freely admitted to showing up to work Drunk which she should have been fired for. Tons of actors are why is she so special cause she played Reva Shayne Please I think Not

Wishing a show cancelation is bad because she is just thinking of herself not anyone else in that company and that is SELFISH plain and simple. Especially when she had the ability to leave every year But She CHOSE to STAY in a situation she HATED. Wow is me sorry dont feel one ounce of sorry for her in that situation

As for oLTL and DR's. Not being on contract means not a permanent Room. All recuring players know that they are given rooms on the days they are there and thesse rooms belong to contract players who are not filming that day. If Zimmer is so worried about not knowing where her clothes are maybe she should know better not to leave them in a DR that doesnt belong to her. Take them home with you at night Kim. Problem solved.

im sorry but all her writing and interviewss just scream feel sorry 4 me, I won emmys and now I have to deal with this. BS

• Members

Yes and Im Not begrudging her that but look when u open up and tell things that you did people are gonna commenr

Look I have a big issue with hollywood looking the other way and rewarding folk who do unprofessional stuff while on the job its not just Kim being drunk at GL

I think if you are Hired to act and u are unprofessional the first time get a warning the second strike u get suspended the third strike u get fired. i think folk cater to much to these celebrities and let them get away with too much.

Regardless of who ur the penality should be the same

I know if i pulled what Kim has copped to in her writings I would have been fired for that no question

why should actors get free passes

• Members

In SOW, Kim said that she was shocked to have been given a dressing room at all at OLTL as she wasn't on contract. So the fact that she lost that room after all this time, could cause her to be surprised. I wonder if that happened before or after she was quoted in SOW.

• Members

If someone got fired for showing up drunk to work thats not firing someone for no reason

I also believe as a producer/director if u know an actor has an alcohol, drug or eating disorder issue and u continue to employ them and not let them go to get help, your just making things worse

yes it may hurt the show but you wanan make sure the actor is being responsible

So yes if I were producing a soap and a major star had a issue of that nature id let them go and not continue to pay them and help feed their problem

who knows but then thats oLTL's fault. If the policy has always been recuring actors dont get their own DR's they use the ones of the contract players who arent there that day they film, I wouldnt have given one to Kim Zimmer or anyone whose without a contract

Sets bad president

Archived