Kim Zimmer interview

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim acts like a DIVA & Cant stand it

Its her damn additude

Being drunk on the set of GL, which could have affected production. Wishing Death on GL two years earlier. You know Kim your not the only employee that GL had. Others had families too. Were u gonna cover their bills for them. So ignorant.

In the video interview i posted, http://www.emmytvlegends.org/interviews/people/kim-zimmer

she clearly states that she coulda walked off gL if she wanted to. If she hated it so much, she should have. The life of an actor is not known for security. I know some say she may not have the had the money to walk. Well sorry that is her own fault. She should have saved up because hating something but willingly staying there iMHO makes u bitching about it look like u are the biggest hypocrite there is. Especially when she could have legally walked.

And whats this crap about OLTL and her Echo return not being what it is. The damn show became about her for months and months. They rewrote major history for HER. Maybe she should go complain to Leslie Charleson & Jackie Zeman at GH and hopefully they will reality check her.

As for the dressing room, Kim is not on contract. Non contract players do not have permanet dressing rooms thats an ABC Policy. They use dressing rooms of contract players that are not there the days they film.

Whats with her going to FV and cussing him out like that. Oh I respect him so I can talk to him like that. BS

Kim this is not the 80's and u aint Reva no more and will never be again

GROW UP!!!

• Members

I'm pretty sure the number of soap stars who have gone on set in various states of intoxication is in the hundreds, and tons of television stars have come out and said that they thought their show should have ended earlier than it did. Neither one of those are shocking, outrageous diva antics.

OMG she was obviously joking.

• Members

Im sorry but yes it is. I would not put up with that stuff her book is nothing but her being a diva. She has a huge ego and huge head. Its not all about Kim.

You dont show up drunk on a job its UNPROFESSIONAL

• Members

The more I read, the less I like KZ. It really bothers me about the "Two years earlier" comment. As I recall, she had a couple of contract negotiations during this period. Perhaps she should have walked and let them use her salary to keep the show on longer or increase production values. I'm sure in the back of her mind she will always wonder how her career would've turned out if she'd played Kathleen Turner's role in Body Heat. (Her contract with The Doctors only allowed her that bit part.)

• Members

She was interviewed about that in the mid-90's and indicated that she had been asked about this so many times, along with why she didn't get the part Marilu Henner had on Evening Shade. She also seemed bitter about the career slump she was in after leaving GL (her appearances on Models Inc seemed to be the nadir for her).

I think she always resented returning to GL, especially because she wasn't exactly made to feel welcome - she was told she wasn't needed, and only when the ratings started falling further was she asked back.

She made her displeasure with the show known quite a while before it was at Peapack levels. That's why, while I do respect her incredible talent (she's one of the most naturally charismatic actresses around), I have little time for her GL rants. IMO it meant more when actors like Maureen Garrett or Lisa Brown spoke out.

• Members

Then this oLTL stuff

Kim they gave u front burner stuff from the time u showed up and reunited with Viki and she aint happy

She has to share a dressing room, Boo hoo. Recuring stars dont have permanet dressing rooms

• Members

What is the story on that? ES was Bloodworth-Thomason, no? KZ had that very memorable guest spot on Designing Women, "The Rowdy Girls".

I agree that drinking on the job is totally unprofessional, though not unheard of, and to me that speaks less of her alleged alcoholism but more to her lack of respect for the material. I'm not condoning it, but I'm not going to pretend like I could never see myself doing the same. :ph34r:

I am going to have to agree with her on the dressing room thing. I think it is just a matter of respect, and if I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember RS mentioning on her hotline years ago how she was put in a similar situation once, so...

• Members

Yes. When she left GL there was some talk of her getting the role on ES, but it never happened. She didn't really say why in the interview.

I think she may have always regretted not trying harder, or, deep down, knowing she did try and she just wasn't good enough.

Her interviews have been like this for a long, long time - a lot of venting and complaining, sometimes with a few laughs.

I don't think she said anything all that bad about OLTL - and I do agree with her about what was done with Echo - but the GL stuff just seems like stomping on the bones of a horse. And if she was showing up to work drunk, then that says more about her than about GL.

• Members

I'm not KZ's biggest fan either (in fact, I remember being completely pissed at her when she took the entire pay-cut thing public) but one, she's got nothing else to talk about, odd years on OLTL, DOC and SB aside. And two, on some level, she's right. GL was HORRIBLE it's last two years. NOT just bad, HORRIBLE. EW was thrust into a role she obviously wasn't ready for, and she proved it with every episode she put out of in the "new production model".

I don't think her comments about OLTL were as much griping as saying "I'm back at square one after winning FOUR emmys and thirty years in the business. And it STINKS."

Archived