Kim Zimmer interview

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh so true.

TV Guide Magazine: That chapter where you talk about playing Reva's clone was a trip. Of all the dopey stuff soaps have done over the years — from the space alien on General Hospital to Satan on Days of Our Lives — nothing tops the clone, mostly because it was so out of character for GL. The same goes for that story where you kept shoving your keister into that old painting and traveling back to the Civil War. If those stories had happened on Passions, no one would have blinked. But on the much more reality-based and traditional GL, it was one more sign — one very huge sign — of the approaching apocalypse.

Zimmer: How many times have you and I talked over the years and I always say the same thing? I'm a "Calgon Take Me Away" girl! I have always pushed for relationship stories, for romance, for escape. That's what the people want! As much fun as it was, as an actor, to be a clone or to time travel, those storylines did not benefit the show at all. Back in the great years of GL we had no idea we were living in the golden age. It was so wonderful and comfortable and meaningful — the fans really cared about us and the stories that we told. Then soaps got ridiculous. They stopped being what they were created to be — human drama! That's why people are leaving us and seeking out replacements. That's why people get such a kick out of the Stupid Housewives of Wherever. Those shows are today's soap operas!

• Members

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I've never really watched OLTL but I've tuned in a couple of times to see glimpses of her and she looks a lot better these days than 2006-2009. The days eating deluxe bacon cheeseburgers sandwhiched between two fried Krispy Kreme doughnuts appear to be over :ph34r:

THIS:

Never knew Zimmer was arrested for DUI after leaving the Daytime Emmys one year.

• Members

It was a s--tty thing to do. When I asked Laura about it she said, "I can't tell you how many times I tried to tell you."

:o

LMAO! Such a sneaky Silver Kane move. Kim and her salty mouth were cracking me up, especially when she was giving FV the business. I never really watched GL and when I did it wasn't for Reva but I will definitely read this book.

• Members

Kim needs to watch that potty mouth.

Although her schtick is a refreshing change from the Lucci style,I think La Zimmer could become a little tiresome to be around.Has anyone ever worked with those 'I'm out there,deal with it' types?

A little can go a looong way...

• Members

Oh definitely. :lol: I think she is fun on paper and probably a riot to be drunk with, especially if she started kicking up '80s GL dirt and laying out random strangers, but I would definitely want to be on her side. And when people like that have their bad days, they are just unbearable.

• Members

I don't think the Real Housewives shows are that much of a soap. They're too obviously staged and are also running out of steam very quickly. They're more like a trainwreck.

By the time of the clone story I think GL's days of being traditional and so on had pretty much gone. Actually a lot of fans would say that Reva's arrival signified the end of that era, along with the stuff like the Dreaming Death and Susan Piper stories, and the infamous Infinity saga.

I love the idea of her sharing a room with Terri Conn, mostly because Terri's people complained to the press about Terri having to audition and having a lower salary. Imagine their reaction when she had to share a room.

Talk about a leading question! While MADD did help turn GL around initially, the show also went straight to hell several times during her tenure (2000-2001, 2003-2004 probably the most blatant). For me the last year of GL was more like the GL *I* knew, for better or worse (even with hideous production values and bad writing) than most of the last 10 years of the show.

Archived