OLTL: Discussion for the week of June 13

• Members

Oh, I totally agree with that. I came to ABC Daytime as a kid for AMC and it was very good at that time, but I found it too light. I stayed for OLTL, which was harder-edged and more 'real' to me under Linda Gottlieb.

So yeah, I'd have Viki kill Mitch and put her on trial for it. She'd probably even do time for awhile, but she'd be onscreen for it.

With the Jessica story, I'd do a live show and have people actually vote as the "jury" in advance (and pre-tape later stuff for either outcome), but with Viki there's no point - people would let her walk.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only time I struggle with Viki is when she's passive and taken out of stories, or is on prop duty.

Viki was at her best when she had strong characters to play off of. Then they started downplaying her in the lives of her family. Now she is playing a larger role, although I wonder how much of that is reaction to how incredibly pathetic her family has become. Charlie (when he was around), Jessica, Joey, and the Jolie version of Natalie can barely cross the street on their own.

It's still mind-boggling that the only way they can make Jessica interesting is to repeatedly have her raped and try to kill her family. What happened to the days when a heroine could just have a makeover set to a kicky pop song?

If the character wasn't so far gone I would have her methodically plan Ford's murder and then make it look like she did it while in an alter state.

• Members

She had some cute moments with Brody, but I am not so sure that I even like Jessica in the form of Bree. I don't think I have really enjoyed Jessica since Erin-Jessie was with Yorlin Cristian and dressing up with Kelly and all that. If I had my way, her DID NEVER EVER would have happened let alone gone this far. It's cheap.

• Members

Jesicas' DID was honestly only well written the first time around. Everytime they have done it after has been a cheap trick because they do not know what else to do with her. Its too bad they didnt just have Tess overtake Jessica and be the dominate one on more, but not this cartoon tess.

• Members

Brody is hot. I liked his smirk when Nat told him to say. But Nat and Brody are a boring couple. Nat has become so boring to watch and so has Brody.

The couples on OLTL are either boring, vomit inducing or just plain stupid.....

Archived