OLTL: Discussion for the week of June 13

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The crap with Tess and Ford today is one of the most offensive things I have ever seen on a soap. Ford stealing a (blind?) nun's clothes and putting her in a straitjacket and gagging her, then making out with his mentally ill rape victim in front of her in a padded cell? OLTL has reached a new low with Terd.

• Members

Erin Torpey's Jessica left town in 2003 as well just before Roger Howarth did. Maybe she's being held up in that same facility as well. "I have a mother named Viki. A sister named Natalie. I have a MOTHER named Viki. A sister named NATALIE!"

• Members

I am glad to see that I was not the only one offended by this scene. I was afraid I'd be the only one and would have to start this thread. Whose brilliant idea -- which one of the writers -- dreamt this up? How low can a show go? Maybe they don't care, because their days are numbered. What did the censors have to say when they previewed this? That scene, singlehandedly, lost whatever respect I had for this show, and that is saying a lot. Here is a show that, in the past, has shown tolerance for every conceivable minority group, and they do this in their final months? Showing two 'nuns' kissing?' Bye Bye OLTL.

• Members

I must admit, I did take pause and question if RC or whoever was making some personal statements re: religion today but I didn't want to get into it. God, prayer, even hell got a couple mentions today from various characters. And to be sorta fair, which I hate to be :lol: , nuns have always been a favorite target for comedy (I use that term loosely in this case). But adding a sexual element is really pushing it and thankfully they didn't seal the deal.

+1

Archived