OLTL: Discussion for the week of June 13

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Gigi but I keep getting distracted by the inconsistency in her character. Here goes a mini-rant. She randomly became best friends with Natalie, and I get that she cares about her because she's Rex's sister...but then why does she want Ford to get Ryder, which would hurt Jessica, Rex's other sister? I mean, she was involved Brody at one point and they were close and he helped her with the Stacy situation but ever since they moved Brody out of her orbit, she seems to dislike him? Why would she not want Brody in the child's life? I guess since Brody and the writers gave up on a Brody/Ryder connection, Gigi did too :lol: I just don't get her motivation. She seems to have learned from her past mistakes of keeping Shane from Rex (so the Ford thing sort of makes sense), but wasn't she just months ago enabling Natalie in keeping Brody from his kid and lying to John? :huh: And with Roxy going on today about how blood doesn't matter, it's irritating how much the writing contradicts this with the quad of death's storyline.

• Members

Gigi is so dumb

Nora is an insufferable bitch

Love me some Roxie

Interesting that Roger Howarth's character doesnt have a flashback of Starr but instead remembers a still shot of her which Im assuming is a picture that someone showed him. Its looking like he was programmed to think he is Todd Manning

There goes John, leading Natalie on. I wish she had told him to take his kiss and shove it.

Glad Jessica isnt back.

She kept her son away from his father and thats a decision she regretted. Could it be that she empathizes with Ford bc he is in a similar position that she put Rex in? With her though this entire year its been more of a case of we dont know what to do with her, so lets stick her in situations where she might fit

• Members

Why would someone be doing any of this? This plot is already preposterous at best and they are already asking us the audience to believe an insane amount of unrealistic crap if its going down the way some people think it is.. Why show still shots and not video clips? In all my years of watching soaps, I dont ever recall seeing someone have a flashback and it be just a still shot. And they did that twice in this episode instead of him just remembering a clip of Starr. Flashbacks are video clips, not pictures. Its highly suspect that they stealthily tried to go this route and it brings up imediate red flags this is not something thats routinely done when someone recalls moments from their life on soaps

Archived