OLTL: Discussion for the week of June 6

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Random question: Do you guys think OLTL will update their credits at least one more time? They still have half a year left and I can't see them not putting Howarth in or leaving Langston, Marty,

there until January.

• Members

Today's OLTL was the best soap episode I have seen since the Reid Oliver death episodes on ATWT. Episodes this great hardly ever come around any more, and HBS should get an Emmy for her acting. (Of course, she probably won't get one, since Y&R, AMC, & GH are the darlings of the Emmy Committee.)

Unfortunately, for every great OLTL episode, there are four that are just "OK," and another four that are complete duds. This is why Jamey, Nelson, and others are so wrong when they rant on and on about how wonderful this soap is.

• Members

The Reid Oliver death episodes were the best I had seen in ATWT in years. I actually cried duing them. I hadn't done that in years. OLTL episodes this week have been good but way to choppy for my tastes. The episodes get good towards the end and yet the ending is a letdown.

As for the Matthew storyline....its a carbon copy of the Reid/Chris storyline. It's obvious Jean Pissanante is behind all this. She loves doing those kind of stories.....ie....Bryant...Jennifer...

• Members

Any episode with the kid playing Jack in it, is already a miss for me..Then throw in his siblings Starr and Sam, with a little Gigi and Destiny...But I did enjoy pretty much all the Buchanan stuff and the RH stuff.

• Members

They're a carbon copy of every relationship John has with a woman before he gets bored and she loses her mind. Easton looks as bored as ever, probably because it's the same script for about 6 years now.

Even then, if Gina weren't leaving early, my guess is the show would probably hype them to the end.

• Members

They've spent a long time making sure that any bonds Jessica had with her family are sick and destructive, and that only as Tess can she be free. Years have been spent making sure viewers don't care about Jessica with her family. Or Jessica at all.

If only they were as good at building up relationships as they are at destroying them.

• Members

Word. I had to laugh. I think this is the only break up scene John's ever had where he didn't shed a tear. He was all joking and light. And I think this is the first time John has ever walked her to her door. I guess that's what makes it adult.

I'm sure if the show had a few more years to go they might have revisited them. But you're right. John has two kinds of relationships on the show. The ones that start out sexual and build into something more until the woman needs to know how he feels and they fall apart. And then the kind that are built on a foundation and last awhile. Marty and John were slow to build and faced a lot of obstacles, and certainly Natalie and John. But I disagree with your assumption that if Gina hadn't chosen to leave they would still be hyping this. This has developed exactly the way it was intended with the exception that they would have told more story for Joey and Kelly in the coming months.

• Members

I guess we will never know but it's tough for me to imagine they ever would write a story with Joey as a romantic figure for Kelly. He's everything today's OLTL hates in a man.

I think John also carried Kelly's suitcase for part of one scene. That's almost like him giving up a kidney.

Archived