Scandal: Discussion Thread

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I'll have to go digging about what was said in that conversation.

I think we should see more of Olivia's personal life from a confidant. That being Verna. I thought about Cyrus since he was over at her apartment drinking wine and since he and Olivia are in the secret club. But Cyrus is a real monster as he himself put it. I doubt anyone knows about him having anything to do with Amanda's death. He has his foot in everything. I think Verna is much more suitable.

~Milo

• Members

I love commenting on the hair and wardrobe of the women on the shows that I watch. I did it with the soaps all the time. I loved posting on those hair/clothes threads on the SoapCentral boards. I mentioned Andrea's perfect hair during the Zombie Apocalypse on The Walking Dead thread. I love the style of women on Suits and The Good Wife, but I think that the style of the women on Scandal is dreadful so I am talking about it.

• Members

I found absolutely nothing in the producer's TV Guide interview interesting or compelling viewing. I care even less about Abby and David's investigation. I can buy a Republican conspiracy to rig the election and kill six people to cover it up, but I simply do not find this entertaining tv. And this is coming from someone who loved the cynical British political dramas; A Very British Coup and House of Cards. No wonder Scandal is struggling to build an audience and has mediocre ratings. Frankly, only Fitz and Olivia's amazing chemistry and tumultuous romance is keeping me hanging in there. At least, Edison who is already a weak character has a purpose.

Thanks for posting the interviews.

• Members

LMAO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS ANN! I swear all she kept saying was watch, watch the next three episodes, you'll see about that in an upcoming episode. You can do an interview and still be coy about some of the things that are being set up.... the stars and Shonda do it better. I like you Ann... man Bush and Florida that year was just OMG funny.

Man I can't quit this show even if I wanted .... like you Olitz keps me coming back but also Huck, Harrison/Quinn, and Cyrus/Liv (with a hint of Mellie).

• Members

If I found Olivia unlikeable before it went through the roof in this eppy. It takes a real cold hearted person to paint an innocent man a woman beater knowing they're innocent. If she wanted David and Abby broken up fine, she didn't have to use Abby's painful experiences against her to do it.

• Members

I can't even begin to think about anything good to say about that episode. I suppose that Cyrus was entertaining as he conned James into stopping writing about Hollis. I thought the guy who plays Harrison was horrible in his scenes. He is a mediocre actor at best. I even saw him look off for a couple seconds which took me completely out of the scene. Even Kerry Washington felt over the top and Olivia's staccato talking is getting annoying. I was un-phased by Olivia and Harrison betraying Abby. Other than Olivia and Fitz, I just do not care enough about any of the characters to feel moved by their dramas or emotional tribulations. It is clear that Olivia did it to save Abby's life, same as Cyrus with James. But again, I simply do not care about them or the over the top conspiracy.

My one positive comment is based on the previews; Olivia's hair looks outstanding and thank goodness Fitz is back. No doubt there will be major emotional drama when they finally see each other again. He looked crushed looking at that picture of her with Edison. Finally something to look forward to.

Oh, I wonder if Hollis is shot and killed at the end of the next episode triggering the episode 8 flashbacks. Apparently, there are several of these flashback episodes in the works.

• Members

What a fantastic episode! "Things are getting weird in this office!" Quinn as the mistress, Olivia at that house, Huck as an assassin Abby sleeping with David. I liked that whole scene. I love how we slowly find out more and more about the lives of the people who work for Olivia. This episode being Huck centric was also great, as he is my favorite. I loved that Olivia/Huck scene in the beginning so much.

• Members

When Fitz and Olivia's romance is the only thing drawing you in you have a major problem on your hands. I've had a problem with Olivia's character and last night's episode sealed it for me. She's truly unlikeable. She has absolutely no problem using and manipulating anyone and that includes her friends. There's absolutely no line she will not cross for her greater good. As the heroine I'm suppose to believe she's caring and compassionate and she didn't eve blink in suggesting Harrison paint David as a woman beater. I don't care about her pain and I don't care about her unhappiness because I have absolutely no idea why she's unhappy. She looked constipated throughout the entire episode and I didn't know if it's because she missed Fitz or she felt like crap because she betrayed Abby since Shonda didn't think it was necessary to let me know.

I didn't know Fitz would be gone for two episodes. Shonda has to realize that it's their relationship that makes the show exciting because everything else fizzles. It's ridiculous that he's been gone for two shows and we're still not any closer in knowing how she really feels about him. No wonder the show has mediocre ratings. And as much as I like Fitz's return I'm tired of the longing on his end. I'm tired of him yearning for Olivia, being jealous and throwing temper tantrums while Olivia acts like she doesn't want to be with him and then looking constipated when he's not around. This show is losing me. Right now Huck is the most sympathetic character and he's not enough to sustain this show.

Archived