Scandal: Discussion Thread

• Members

Like I said, I know exactly what Edison was trying to get at.

My whole thing is that uppidy Olivia Pope presses her own hair. THAT is what had me and my friend cracking up.

By the way, I have been down south and seen one room salon the size of a bathroom and hair dressers pressing hair. I have been to Montego Bay, Jamaica to make shifts outhouses and folks pressing hair. I am NOT saying that everyone can afford for someone to do it for them. All I am saying is that it's NOT a lost art in salons. In the east coast, the west coast, down south and on the islands it's not lost. Downtown, uptown, hicktown......it's not lost.

By the way, Kerry Washington is on the cover of "Women's Health" magazine and she looks great. There is a small article inside. And her hair looks fabulous. I wish she wore it like that on the show.

~Milo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised there are no comments regarding Fitz getting shot. Was there an effort to make it seem like Hollis or Mellie had something to do with it?

For whatever reason, I was pretty much detached from the entire episode.

James became a whole lot smarter than he initially appeared to me. And so the election was rigged. I'm guessing that it was not done intentionally by Fitz's staff and that the two guys came up with the idea on their own or in conjunction with Hollis. Fitz seems completely unaware or he probabl wouldn't have told that Defiance story so the others found out after the fact and tried to fix it. Since Quinn is slowly figuring out what happened to her, she might even figure out the why. It's kind of interesting and not at once.

I'm not sure where I stand on Edison but I don't get him with Olivia now or in the past. I guess her five minutes of moving on are over.

• Members

I am totally SHOCKED about Fitz!!!!

My sister called to tell me right away last night.

I didn't see it coming. They sure hid that spoiler. And I love spoilers.

I haven't seen the episode as yet.

I am so glad that the power did not go out cause we are having big storms out here in California. So I will watch my recording this weekend.

I'll be back.

Where is everybody?

~Milo

• Members

I live in San Francisco. And the wind is starting up again tonite and they say all tommorow it will rain AGAIN.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Okay, liked "Defiance". I thought Scandal came back after two weeks with a punch. In your face.

Of course, I didn't like Edison and Olivia together. What was up with Edison telling Liv about his pass relationships since they broke up. What girl wants to hear that?

Case of the week I could careless about. Other than it was good to see that Harrison felt bad about what he did to Abby.

I liked that David passed all his info on Hollis Doyle to James. Glad that David was smart enough to know that his boss is taking orders from a higher being and that they are watching him. That was a smart move.

Interesting how Defiance, Ohio still had the rigged machines. But it was also interesting to see how the storyline in this episode dealt with David defying his boss and still investigating Hollis. And James defying Cyrus and again investigating Hollis.

The ending was just.........

As I said I was told right after the episode aired and I was shocked.

Just when I think I have it figured out A TINNI BIT!!! They punch me in the mouth.tongue.png

I am going to get into hair and wardrobe soon.

~Milo

• Members

Clearly Shonda was going for shock value because I did not expect Huck to be the shooter. Once a killer, always a killer *chills*

I found the scenes with the newscaster distracting but it set the presidential tone for the episode.

The flashback scenes were well done. It showed intimacy and love.

Yes, the love scene on the desk was hot but the subsequent scenes in the flashbacks where Olivia wasn't a constipated prune were thoroughly needed.

The entire scene in the garden where they told each other they owned the other and lived for each other. Beautiful. Comparing herself to Sally Hemings was a low blow and I would expect nothing less from Olivia. But interestingly enough, since her race is never mentioned it was effective and I loved it when he told her she wasn't a victim. That entire scene was flawless. As well as the touching of The Constitution. The look on his face as he watched her... Tony continues to sell it.

I was having trouble understanding the dialog in certain scenes and I missed what was said when Mellie confronted Olivia about the affair without actually saying the words and that was pure Mellie. Love her. She's even more of a sympathetic character now having seen the flashbacks. And I have a deeper understanding of when she told Olivia that "she left the job" that led to him having the affair with Amanda.

Overall, this was a great episode. The case of the week is not needed and hinders the emotional interaction with the characters. The show has so much potential and I really hope Shonda does a lot of retooling with the extra eppys she is given.

• Members

I completely forgot to mention that hearing Olivia actually say the words that she loved Fitz and not needing a decoder was extremely refreshing. It would have helped if that was established earlier in the show to make the audience feel the connection between them.

Anyone knows if KW had to audition or she was handpicked for the role. The chemistry between her and Tony is incredibly tangible. I'm not familiar with Tony's work except for "Ghost" but I always have a new appreciation for actors in projects that showcase diversity.

*sigh* I think I now have a crush on him which is hella annoying.

• Members

WHERE THE [!@#$%^&*] TO I BEGIN?!!?!?!?! my feels are all over the place.

Lets start with Huck and why. I think he knew that Lane from Gilmore Girls knew about the rigged election or had a lot of pieces to the puzzle. IM QUINN BITCH was starting to put pieces together and the two of them together could have busted Olivia's Secret Circle Society. So, he put a cap in her ass and shot Fitz too to make it look like a hit and nobody look into Lanes from gilmore girls' death.

Olivia and Millie and Meredith Greys' Mother were all [!@#$%^&*] BOSS BITCHES tonight and i bow to them all even if I only like Olivia. Seriously tho Millie making that statement and telling that dr i dont know isne enough were amazing. Meridth Grey's cray cray Mother stealing the presidency was a [!@#$%^&*] HBIC move and im so glad she did it. She legit seems infuckingsane. Cyrus going all gangta diva on her gave me life tho. And how cute are cyrus and his boytoy?

Olivia & Fitz. I will go down with this ship and no [!@#$%^&*] are given about them having an affair. They are just so [!@#$%^&*] good together and yes hes kind of weak as a pres and overly possisive of her, but he is/was also willing to give all this up for her. She wants him to be the pres more than he does. That oval office sex was amazing but the reading of the constitution was EVERYTHING.

only flaw in this episode was not enough sexy Josh Malina tbh

• Members

I couldnt agree more

tumblr_menf19L6Ry1qaud39o5_250.gif

That dress is P E R F E C T I O N by the way

Even if it was for shock value, i am sure she will make it work.

Yes, yes and yes!

I dont find Millie sympathetic at all, honestly.

Eh, i think the case of the week is still needed. Not in every episode, not as the focus of the episode, but much like Greys the case of the week usually goes right along with the character stories too.

While it was nice to hear her say it, i also dont think it was needed. I am glad it was included as it worked well the scene but ive never doubted or questioned that Olivia doesnt love him, or isnt currently still in love with him.

I believe KW did audition. I know when they were casting it was a very hot role. I am sure it will be discussed on Oprah's next Chapter sunday night actually.

• Members

Two things I would have changed about this episode are the initial hospital scene and the reporting. I understand the hospital scene was meant to depict chaos and urgency but there was something about it that bugged me and it felt noisy in an odd way. I know that's probably just my issue that it rubbed me like an emergency broadcast signal. Having one person reporting the story was fine but I would have added a montage of other news stations after showing Stephen Collins' character, just for impact purposes before returning exclusively to him.

One thing about which I am on the fence is the Sally Hemmings-Thomas Jefferson analogy made by Olivia. I didn't go to race, I went to slavery (whcih for me doesn't drum up race since the first slaves I learned about were the Hebrews). Though I can't recall verbatim what was said outside when Fitz brought it up, I do believe Olivia said that Fitz owned her which is what I actually got from the analogy. It just seems to me that the whole adulterous relationship coupled with the fact that it involves the POTUS greatly overshadows race, although I'm sure that there are some who are fascinated by the bw/wm aspect.

The problem I have with this is that what she knew was in flashbacks and there was no connection made between what she might have figured then and the present day. That's not to say that this might not be revealed in subsequent flashbacks but I can't make that leap yet since James is the one who would be more of a present day threat as he figured out the whole voting machine scam.

Right now I am not convinced that Huck actually killed her but even if he did, I don't see him as one to do things on his own. It kind of looks as if Sally is behind this or has something to do with it and it makes me wonder about Billy--not that I think he's alive or anything but just how devious were he and Sally? And does Hollis have a role in this?

This was the best episode of the season for me so far because they actually answered the Citron question. Now we know what Hollis going rogue means and why Olivia felt compelled to help LW-Quinn. And it kind of makes her attempt to protect Abby and David not seem as cold. A lot was done to humanize her character in her admission to Fitz because he was actually carrying the brunt of their relationship--even if it was evident that she loves him.

And the more I think of it, the more I think I would have had Mellie shot as well. Maybe just a minor wound but I think a wounded Melllie would have added a bit. I hope there's a reveal of how much more ruthless she is than she seems to date. Even though she's not too sympathetic, I can't see a reason to root against her marriage. Sure her husband found his soulmate but either she's a witch or she triumphs in some way to make it more palatable.

Archived