Revenge: Discussion Thread

• Members

YES, the ratings keep going up, up, up. I think this ep might have went down just a shade in Total Viewers from last week, but that's perfectly fine. I think they'll more than make up for that as we move along. It's getting more buzz. I know I've been selling the hell out of it to all my friends and classmates for weeks now.

I think it's pretty much established that Nolan is bi. A 3 on the Kinsey scale is perfectly bisexual, and he didn't seem at all turned off by having to "do...that" to get one over on Tyler. He was totally into it.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

IT sounds like (while this is still a hustler...) he's more prone to move himself into someone's life and maybe even try to take over--hence why he had the restraining order against him. And as Julia said, i could fully believe nolan, who seems to try to find out as much as he can and is a smart guy, knows the Kinsey scale regardless of his own sexuality, but yeah...

• Members

I actually was rather meh on this episode.

Like, it was great - the show is fantastic - and everything that happened needed to happen to propel the story - but i saw it all coming. The key is, even seeing it coming i loved it and enjoyed watching. This show isnt anything new, but it sure is exciting.

• Members

So, I'm wondering what you guys think about Emily/Daniel? Do you think she is really falling for him or is this all part of her con? I can't really tell, but I don't think she really is falling in love with him. I like to believe she is too tough to fall for the mark.

• Members

More brilliance. I saw most of the twists coming, but that didn't take away from any of the pleasure.

Loved that Nolan referenced the Kinsley scale and then they had sex. Nolan was hiding a pretty mean set of abs btw lol.

Emily and Daniel are awesomeness together. I'm still hoping he won't end up dead.

Declan and Charlotte were a little bit better but they have to do more with them. The one who really took a great turn was Ashley. You can tell there's exciting things ahead for her.

Loved what they did with Frank and the real Emily Thorne. There is just so much potential and we are seeing it fulfilled. This is exactly the benefit of long-term planning on soaps; they have a goal and they're working towards it, instead of making [!@#$%^&*] up as they go.

Victoria is becoming very sympathetic, without losing any of her bitchy touch. The writers recognize that she can be sympathetic and a horrible bitch at the same time. It's called having many dimensions.

As for Tyler being gay: He did make it clear that's not exactly the case. But, hey, he's a gay hustler instead of a straight one :P Loving that such a pivotal role is given to a "gay" character and that they have made the distinction very clear: The men he has been with have done so in their own accord. Well, except Daniel, but I have a feeling there's a lot more to that story. BUT I will say this: Kinda lame they didn't show the kiss. I thought primetime was beyond that.

WTF? No episode till Nov. 16? UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

• Members

Read through all 10 pages, and while it took me some time to finally sit down and watch this show; I've finally been able to watch all of the episodes this season. Firstly I've got to say this show is so damn amazing!

As I simultaneously read through the first few pages, reading how the show itself did not have staying power due to its overall plot, I couldn't help but to disagree. These last few episodes have proven that the story of Emily's revenge could be played out for a two or three more seasons, including Emily carrying out her revenge and the ripple affects of it. There is so much to be done with the Graysons, Emily/Amanda, Daniel/Emily/Jack, Lydia/Conrad/Victoria, Tyler/Ashley/Nolan, even with Jack and Declan's MIA mom, that it's going to at least take a few more seasons for all the beats to be played, which I seriously have no problem with.

The hair, music, lighting, sets, overall production is flawless. With each episode I'm in awe with the many rooms in the Grayson home. (That foyer is amazing, and the room where the dinner for the Grayson wedding anniversary took place was beautiful.)

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

I was disappointed by the kiss too, but a part of me thinks MAYBE it was somewhat justified with the belief that they wanted to leave audiences 9who I guess would have to be clueless) guessing if they did go for a kiss or not--only tohave the revelation later on with the camera shot.

"The hair, music, lighting, sets, overall production is flawless. With each episode I'm in awe with the many rooms in the Grayson home. (That foyer is amazing, and the room where the dinner for the Grayson wedding anniversary took place was beautiful.)"

yes, even the use of extensive CGI for the hamptons sets (ent Weekly covered some of this recently and it surprised me) is well done-except that awful CGI falling shot. Having director Philip Noyce (who has directed brilliant films like Dead Calm to ridiculous ones like Sliver but *always* has a great visual sense of style and atmosphere) as exec producer and the director of the first few episodes certainly helps I think.

• Members

Cutting away from the kiss didn't bother me. This show really isn't heavy on the lovey-dovey romance** stuff, and yeah, I do think they wanted to have us guessing whether or not they actually kissed.

**Not that Nolan/Tyler are lovey-dovey romance. I just feel like the show doesn't really dwell on stuff like that even with the actual couples, so when you consider that they're not a couple by any stretch of the definition of the word, it's not horrible that they cut from the kiss so quickly.

Edited by All My Shadows