Revenge: Discussion Thread

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You know, I actually was a bit disappointed by his acting this episode for some reason I can't pinpoint. Some moments like the ending I thought he was great, others I thought he was a step backwards. Great episode though (and I did appreciate that Ashley was the only one who seemed to point out Tyler actually is sick--). I'd like to see clips of him as Greg on OLTL as well but don't remember the character at all. It says he was 2002-2003 isn't that when we had a few young "hunks" with little to do, maybe he was part of that scene? It looks like he was around the same time as Seth played by the actor who took over from a terrible Brandon Routh and Teddy Sears as Chad Bennett who are both around the same age and likewise had very little to do but seemed hired because Gary Tomlin or someone had a thing for model guys that age :P (but both have gone on to have, much to my siurprise, a fair amoutn of success now :P ).

• Members

I loved the episode tonight. It just never dissapoints. I had not expected Tyler to come unhinged like that, and I was scared shitless for Nolan. Madeline Stowe is just amazing week after week. She's a hard bitch, but there is real human qualities underneath that peeks through occasionally, when Tyler pointed the gun at Daniel, the look on her face was right on the mark. Loved that scene of her sipping Cognac at the end of the show, and did anyone notice, she was wearing something VERY similar to a Wonder Woman bracelet, it's nice that her accessories can make a statement about how bullet proof and tough she is.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

Agreed with all of that but I admit I didn't worry about Nolan simply because we saw him with all his limbs, perfectly fine (if completely hating Emily) in the first episode flashforward to Labour Day. I was glad Tyler didn't get killed off, but admit was kinda thrown about framing him for Frank's murder--wouldn't she want to keep that as something to blackmail/get real Emily with if things get too extreme? The best part (aside Stowe) is watching Emily really start to unravel while still holding it together--even manipulating Nolan back into being friends she seems to realize she kinda does need real friends.. I have a feeling that may play into the seconde part of the show--Daniel, even all too perfect Jack aren't gonna jump to forvie her even with her reasons.

• Members

I thought he was dreadful in this episode. He was chewing scenery like a Marvel comics supervillain. I've liked him just fine up til now but I literally LOLed at some of his scenes in this episode. I had to pause at "It would seem that you despicable people are rubbing off on me" just so I could roll my eyes with all appropriate enthusiasm.

Edited by marceline

• Members

I suspect Conrad somehow used Victoria's pregnancy with Charlotte against her. Why else would Victoria say she wished Char hasn't been born? Plus it was brought up again last night. It has to be something more than typical mother/daughter friction, imo. I think it's the key to why Victoria betrayed David, but I can't figure out how yet.

• Members

She was in the pilot of Private Practice (she played the original Naomi) or if you go back further she was Susannah on Summerland and even before that she was on Alias... so take your pick!

This episode was divine -- I love my Nolily back in action and I was a little upset that Truth or Die ended way too early. I wanted more from the "game." Tyler was too funny when he was talking about Emily when she said she had something to give to Daniel upstairs.

"I bet you do, slut."

I can't wait for the next episode!

Edited by London

• Members

I finally caught up!

Fortunately, all this ^^ wasn't what it was at all. LOL

Nolan has been the perfect ally for Emily all along--two complicated characters in a very complicated relationship which cannot be fully displayed in one episode. It was never sugary sweet and he opposed--or gave her a hard time for--a lot of the things she did, as well as enjoyed a lot of the things she did.

He wasn't horrified because she did something bad, he was horrified because he had come to see her as his ally, if not also a friend, and she destroyed something with someone he was (unwittingly) falling for. It was more his heartbreak at what he perceived as a betrayal. Such a great moment!

I loved the twist with Ryan Huntley. Have to catch up with this week's episode lol

Edited by YRBB