Revenge: Discussion Thread

• Members

GLAAD puts up with a lot from shows that they think give prestige. They certainly did with Grey's Anatomy. If you're anti-gay with style, then you get a pass.

Most TV shows have negative views of gay or bi men, so this show doing the same doesn't surprise me. I think most people watch for Madeline Stowe and EVC anyway, not Tyler (where the actor seemed to totally disagree with most fan interpretation anyway - didn't he think Tyler was straight?), or Nolan of the various personalities and self-righteous nagging.

Edited by CarlD2

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That article annoys me for several reasons. First, neither Nolan or Tyler were said to be gay on the show. Nolan clearly stated that he's a 3 on the Kinsey scale, and nothing that Tyler's done or said has implied that he's solely interested in male companionship. A gay article out and out ignoring bisexuality? Not shocking. Second, Daniel's "pure and justified revulsion" in regards to Tyler's touch was justified because Tyler is batsh!t f!cking insane, and the show never as much as implied that Daniel even knew that Tyler was into him (and, for that matter, the show barely said that Tyler was into him, even if it's highly likely). Third, Tyler's sexuality had NOTHING to do with his mental issues. To be honest, the show could have bypassed the whole Tyler-is-bi angle completely and still told the story it told, for the most part. Fourth, "Not that all gay characters have to be angelic creatures--but" The "but" basically voids the first part of the statement. Don't say you want to see some shady gay characters and then get mad because the gay character is a little too shady for you. Fifth, I'm failing to see how the show wrote Tyler's feelings for Daniel as the primary reason for his nuttiness with his off-meds status only being secondary.

And sixth of all, I don't appreciate these people rolling their eyes at my boo, Mr. Daniel Grayson.

• Members

As am I, not to sound catty or self congratulatory but it was one of the more clearly set up surprises--for at least a few episodes now, if not more...

OK I admit it did kinda bug me that Jack realized he should loosen up. Obviously they're showing that he and "Amanda" aren't ideal matches and he's kinda catching on--but, while I know for many girls it's "cool" to drunkenly make out with other girls while having a bf, I'd be kinda annoyed, especially if she was meant to be working...

• Members

Yeah, i mean im actually kinda disappointed Emily never thought about this TBH.

As for jack/amanda, they are not working at all for me outside of a plot point and this is why: do they never speak of their childhood/past? Surely he would mention things she has no idea about and she would be bad at faking it on her own. They should have had at least a scene where she tells him she blocked a lot of her childhood out and doesnt care to remember those days or something.

• Members

Okay, so I'm back to being in total awe at how effortlessly and flawlessly Emily pulls off her sh!t. The fire wasn't even brilliant, it was just amazing.

It was kind of jarring how quickly the Tyler plotline was pushed aside, and if it wasn't clear before that it was thrown together to extend the season, then it's definitely clear now. I didn't mind it, but I'm glad it's over. Ready to get back to Emily running the Hamptons alongside her trusty sidekick, Nolan.

I'm so ready for Amanda and Jack and Declan to just be gonnnnne. I can do without. They're the Blaisdels to the Graysons' Carringtons. My greatest wish for this show in season two is a title change and more Graysons being introduced. I'm gonna need for Ashley to somehow marry her way into the family and then reveal how much she hates Victoria. And Nolan's gonna need some mentally stable schlong.

And Lydia needs to come back!

• Members

I, for one, didn't see the Charlotte twist coming. I guess it's not hard to figure out if you purposefully sit down and think about it, though.

Emily gave Amanda her diary (or notebook) so that Amanda could fake the persona adequately, did she not? So, in that light, we don't really need countless scenes of Amanda almost being caught in the lie. And, if I remember correctly, she has told numerous people that she doesn't remember much from her childhood and doesn't like to talk about it, which I guess settles it. Although, I agree, Jack/Amanda are mostly a plot point and I am fine with that. It's a great point. :lol:

Meanwhile, Daniel continues to be one of the hottest McHotties ever. Just Wow.

The fight for Conrad and Victoria's divorce is incredibly juicy. This has the prospect of becoming a huge, wonderfully soapy story. I hope it's drawn out and nasty as hell.