GH: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She used to... but then Maurice and his "non-acting" acting came into play as being THEE choice on General Hospital, so everyone feels the need to phone it in.

Speaking of which, I know I'm not the only one who saw Maurice totally BLANK OUT in today's scene with Sonny and Dante.

Sonny: "Everything seems right, but it's... Why would someone... ::crickets:: >::birds chirping:: > ::fog horn:: ...give away a kid after three years?"

• Members

Like a punch in the face. For all of this "Method" work he claims he's learned, that couldn't have been any more obvious than a punch in the face. I understand and respect, as an artist, that every actor has his bad day... but that was unforgivable considering how much he preaches about his scene partners' abilities. He didn't even pretend like "Sonny" was trying to find the words to say. He just looked like a deer in the headlights.

• Members

It's Jake's birthday? And Sam's surgery is happening on the same day? WTH kind of timing is that?! rolleyes.gifdry.gifmad.gif

That aside, I thought the Jason/Elizabeth scenes today were really sweet blush.gif Very nice, I loved when Jason was talking about his last memory of Jake and how it tied in with the dreams he's been having. That dream made me so sad! That could've easily happened with Jake actually being ALIVE...such a missed opportunity, that kid was a spitting image of SBu and there was so much potential with those two plus Liz. Sigh...

LOL!! I did notice that and it was glaringly obvious he forgot his lines. I think he said, "Something is not--" then realized that was wrong and said "Why would someone.." and then that long, 7-8 second pause followed laugh.gif wow that was bad...

• Members

He's been doing that [!@#$%^&*] for so long now I barely notice. He's constantly pausing, stammering and looking confused and befuddled in a desperate effort to remember what comes next. It must be a nightmare to be his screen partner, especially in an age when retakes are so frowned upon. He's probably constantly throwing scenes off course because of forgotten lines while his acting partner desperately tries to row back in the right direction.

• Members

While it's nothing new with him, this one was pretty damn bad. I saw Laura Wright do it several weeks ago and even commented about it on the board. But to her credit, which is something I NEVER say, she at least tried to do something with it. She tried to "smell the fart" as Joey Tribbiani would say. MB, however, turned into a mannequin for about five seconds.

• Members

Lucky hasn't cared about the kids since JJ returned. He wept over Jake's death, but then, he weeps over missing an episode of Bill and Guiliana. He was more upset for Jason's loss. He has no interest in Cam.

I will give Guza credit for his consistency - his mouthpiece Luke said that the kids were unworthy and that it only counts with blood ties, and now that the golden boy is back Guza has made sure that comes through in the writing again and again.

• Members

To be fair, my own father doesn't know the year I was birth. He thinks I was birth years earlier than I was actually birth. He did my taxes one year and asked me what year I was birth. I told him I was birth fifteen years earlier than the actual day I was birth. He believed it.

• Members

I'm laughing.

And as someone said Jake was an excuse for JJ to cry some more...He couldn't care less about the kids. His world revolves around Lucky Charms and he's somehow become friends with Jason which also makes no sense...

Archived