AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that, even before this, GH's future was already determined....it was just a matter of when....

Already, eight of the ABC-owned stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh/Durham and Fresno, which represent nearly 23% of the nation’s TV households, have already cleared Couric’s new show in the 3:00 p.m. time slot. As part of the announcement, ABC will return the last hour of its daytime network block to affiliates no earlier than September 2012, but says it continues to support General Hospital. It plans to launch The Chew in September of this year and The Revolution in January 2012.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/06/katie-couric-abc-talk-show/

• Members

So, so sad...

ABC began to make a serious push in the talks in March. After initially offering Ms. Couric only a network-based show in the early afternoon, ABC and its president, Anne Sweeney, sweetened the offer with a continuing role in the news division.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/06/business/media/06couric.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&ref=business

• Members

She's a failure and has been a failure for years and years. Even her last years at the Today Show were mostly marked by some increasing bitterness which permeated everything onscreen.

It's extremely lazy and short-sighted for ABC to throw millions upon millions of dollars at her, when she has never hosted a talk show, and when she has been a frosty and fake lightning rod who has many more people who will never watch her show than she has people who will.

All shows have a lifespan but I continue to be confused as to why ABC is replacing their soaps with such poor product, and in this case, something that will cost them far more money than it will ever make them.

• Members

I don't even know what this means. I can't see her being on their evening news - she's awful at that. Will she start to do old Baba Wawa-style soft focus "interviews" where she asks Gadhafi what type of belly button lint he'd like to be?

Archived