AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thats what I said when the rumors came out GH would be cancelled for it, although from what I've read canceling GH would be something ABC would possibily do to allow the ABC owned and operated affiliates to air it at 3pm EST, you're right its not a network show like the AMC and OLTL replacements and such a syndicated ABC show wouldnt normally effect ABC Daytime programming although its possible ABC would cancel GH and give that timeslot back to the affiliates as it would benefit their O&O stations as some have or will be replacing Oprah's 4pm timeslot with local news, so 3pm in the new coveted timeslot for "hot" talkshows.

• Members

I don't believe there is a direct correlation between Katie Couric being signed and GH never have. Disney's motivation for getting out of the soap business is a small part of a much much much larger issue with Disney and ABC that oddly not one news source seems to be reporting.

BUt I will say unless ABC gives the affiliates back the hour from daytime, it would be interesting to see how well ABC could syndicate the show. I suspect they need some sort of leverage and the deal includes some benchmarks for how widely her show is syndicated.

• Members

Well as we all know Oprah was syndicated but had a long-standing relationship with ABC owned and operated stations as well as ABC affiliates. All of the Katie talk has been about ABC and/or syndication so I think it's only natural to hypothesize an Oprah time-slot correlation. Just because there are plans for more local news and Dr. Oz et cetera for now doesn't mean that won't change.

• Members

Because ABC is operated by morons. Of course she sucks, NBC knew she sucks at hard news, that's why they didn't give her Nightly News when Brokaw retired. If I recall correctly, during 2001 for a week, she filled in for Brokaw and ratings went flat. Can anyone else confirm this? She is only good at fluff pieces in the morning. Hard news is not for her.

Archived