AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. People keep on spinning tales and rumors based on their own agendas, pretty soon there's going to be information that totally contradicts what was being preached as gospel. It was originally stated that Lorraine Broderick was approached by Frons BEFORE McTavish in 2003, but she refused to work for him, thereby having him go to the next in line (McTavish). Then last year, people were going around saying she only came back in the transition as a "favor to Agnes." Yet, according to Lucci, Agnes wasn't allowed anywhere near the show by then. Now it's being said Lorraine wanted to stay at the helm but wasn't allowed to in favor of K&S?

So, let's see if I follow. Lorraine Broderick wanted to stay at the helm, writing a show that's run by a man she didn't want to work for in the first place... after coming back to the show "as a favor to a Agnes" who wasn't allowed to have anything to do with the show much less who got to be picked as head writer?

It seems like the Lorraine Broderick myth writers need a continuity editor themselves.

• Members

thought this was kind of interesting

JimRomanovich Jim On my Inherit The Wind: Black Thursday blog, I was asked why I'm not "taking a stand" against ABC re: AMC and OLTL. I answered as follows:

I have taken the biggest proactive stand one can do.

I’m part of the Daytime Emmys which I believe has been instrumental in prolonging the life of the daytime soaps.What I’m not is an activist.

That’s not the best use of my energy.ABC is not going to re-instate AMC and OLTL

and I’m telling you now that GH isn’t long for this world either. (meaning 5 day a week network. I do think this show can still go on)

ABC made that clear. My belief is that shouting at them only makes them clam up that much more.

Their path is set and it no longer includes the 5 day a week soap. CBS still seems to be

using the soap to their strategic benefit in which we are also a part. First is our partnership with the Daytime Emmys.

Second is that we are instrumental in Y&R’s campaign to bring the fictional cosmetics company JABOT to life.

That is smart business that ABC never embraced on its shows. I have also tried to acquire GL.

I also went to ABC for AMC and OLTL with ideas and they weren’t interested.

I thought a traveling show with the cast would have been fun.This is how I have been successful.

Archived