AMC - Friday - April 6, 2011

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well we all know poisoned pancakes was all about Cady McClain using AMC as an alternate ATM, and McT was so pissed she just made pancakes. McT bringing those Careys to town and linking them to prominent families in PV has pretty much destroyed AMC.

• Members

Name me something about those Careys not named AJ that have given you reason to like them. It's so obvious how many stories/connections were ruined b/c of those characters. And yes Rylee/Kendall too, buit atleast they drew in that 1st triangle. It's still a damn crying shame David was saddled those three twits. Kanes/Chandlers/Martins were ruined for them.

Honestly the "Babe is love" era, "Careys are misunderstood women" era.

• Members

All I know about this was that at the time there was some talk on the internet that Eden was promised a storyline with JR (not romantic) and that was part of the reason she agreed to return.

The storyline was that Bianca was gonna help JR with his recovery after he took a nosedive out the window* and help him with his alcoholism. The storyline was gonna be about the two of them connecting getting closer (platonically) but with JR developing romantic feelings for Bianca, feelings she couldn't reciprocate completely since she's a lesbian.

There were some scenes between JR and Bianca in the hospital and when he got home which looked like it could've been the beginning of such a storyline but then those scenes abruptly stopped and Bianca was moved into the Zoe/Zarf storyline and JR would again be Babe's bitch.

Who knows if it's true but I don't think it's implausible and I actually think that the storyline could've been pretty good.

I'm in the "Bianca tripped" camp as well....ok maybe she didn't 'trip' but JR didn't intentionally push her and the railing was broken. :blink:

* I've always found it odd that AMC treated JR jumping out of that window as a bieffect of JR's alcoholism and his alcoholism only and not the fact that he tried to end his life by jumping out of a window. I saw it a suicide attempt but I don't know how many share that opinion.

You can bet if that if it had been a female character who had just found out her husband cheated on her and then proceeded to get drunk and intentionally jump out a window then it wouldn't have just been explained away that she's an alcoholic, heck they probably would've locked her up in Oak Haven and put her on suicide watch.

• Members

That's partly what I heard. That Bianca was suppose to pick JR up. And that was a huge reason why she decided to return.

What a weak railing that was, JR nudged her, she tripped on something and then hit the railing and fell.

JR to me was suicidal and homicidal when he was drunk or pissed. He was dangerous, which is why I don't buy this

I love Marissa...blah blah blah, I want my family back..blah blah blah

• Members

I loved Babe and Krystal from October 2003 through May 2004. I loved the fact that they were trailer trash, they added a different flavor to the show, they made things at the Chandler mansion interesting again. Babe was a great friend to Bianca before the switch, and I liked seeing Krystal mix it up with Palmer, Tad, and Adam, while Opal, Simone (who was with Tad at the time), and Liza rolling their eyes and snarking on her.

The baby switch ruined them for me for a long, long time, but to suggest that they're to blame for the ruination of other characters is ridiculous. Any effects the "Babe is love!" era had on any of the current characters are long gone now, and their sh!ttyness comes from other sources. You keep talking about "The Careys" as if this is 2004 or something. Krystal and Marissa's prominence on the show now is nowhere near the huge part of the show Krystal and Babe had for the bulk of Megan McTavish's last run.

I'm really not getting how the Kanes were ruined for the Careys, ever.

And intentions aside, JR and Bianca were arguing and shoving each other through that entire scene. JR didn't want Bianca to get near Bess/Miranda, and he kept pushing her until he pushed her hard enough that she fell backwards off of the balcony. Never mind whether or not he did it on purpose.

• Members

The Kanes connection to the Chandlers was completely destroyed by that little band of trailor trash. Bianca fans hated Babe, JR fans hated her, Adam fans couldn't stand her, Jamie fans, then there was the Martin fans and Dillons.

The only good they bought was a small friendship w/ Babe/Binx after that nothing.

That's not what happened. Bianca was keeping JR from Bess/Miranda, trick him off course to Babe and Jamie, then he turned it on her and told her to take Miranda to get a DNA test, she refused, he told her to stay back, she was keeping JR from his kid via a dumbass promise to Babe.

• Members

I don't get how the other characters' fans hating Babe and Krystal ruined those characters :lol: But whatever. Yes, the Kanes are no longer connected to the Chandlers, which is why Erica was just chit chatting with Colby a few weeks ago, and Bianca's about an inch (or seven rubber inches) away from f!cking JR's wife. Sure.

• Members

Because it ruined the bonds betweens those families at that period. But I guess your also the kind of person that believes that anything is fixable, like when David drugged Bianca, that's just something we'll all forget in thier next heart to heart, or the fact Marissa isn't even a viable lesbo, hell Kendall shows more lesbian tensions than Marissa does. But again who the f' cares, you do know a huge chunk of viewers pretty much quit on AMC once that Carey unit and the Rylee/Zendall pack took over? but we can ignore it and just say it has nothing to do w/ anything.:lol:

• Members

Erica and Adam were pretty close by the time he left town. Babe only affected JR's relationship with the Kane women

you also underestimate the fact that despite having haters, Babe, as played by Alexa, was VERY popular. She wasnt universally panned by the masses

• Members

If JR taunting Bianca and pushing her off a balcony can be fixable, then what can't?

Who's talking about why "a huge chunk of viewers pretty much quit AMC?" I never said anything about the matter. Are we talking about Babe and Krystal ruining the Martins, dividing the Chandlers and Kanes, or driving viewers away? You keep jumping from point to point without really developing any of them.

But I thought the Careys ruined the Chandlers and Kanes foreverer?

• Members

Ok it was pretty dumb and disappointing of Kendall to snitch on Griffin, but really, WTH was she supposed to say after Jessie said there was stashes of money & drugs found in Griffin's room?? I don't blame her for telling after hearing that. Ricky did a damn good job of making Griff look completely guilty. The fault lies a lot with Griffin for always maintaining that shady demeanor with Kendall which always left her a little bit suspicious of him. It would have been so much more better if she didn't say anything, but I really don't think that would even have been possible with the whole stash money/drugs thing thrown in.

Kudos to JV (Griffin) for memorizing all of those lines! That was a lot to remember! I didn't really realize how long AMC has been stringing this along, this is one hefty story. As bad as it is, they really put together a long, drawn out, detailed mystery case here & I commend them for that.

I loved how long some of the Angie/jake scenes were.

• Members

The b!tch tripped.

Yes we are talking about both. No I don't keep jumping from point to point, point is the Careys ruined most of AMC.

They did. It's not the same. JR forever will be remembered as putting both Kendall and Binx in the hospital via accidents, Bianca actually covered for that hefer, Jamie and JR as brothers were ruined, Erica hated JR for a long period there. Adam was painted as a bad father w/ JR to prop these Careys nevermind that it was THADDEUS SAINT MARTIN who aided in kidnapping JR's son! still is at times, hell Amanda lost her father/mother in s/l to build up Babe as some saint. That all has lasting impact, that all drived away people from the show. Anything else you want to disect or make sense of? I already get the point, you're in denial b/c you like Alexa/Babe and Bobbie/Kwak and this new Marissa, other fans wish they were never borned.

Archived