AMC - Friday - April 6, 2011

• Members

Of course relationships can be fixed and storylines can be forgotten but IMO the Carrey worship that this show had for many years and is still having (they might not be featured as much but characters are still being thrown under the bus for them)has definitely tarnished a lot of relationships on the show.

If Kendall and Bianca had been written somewhat consistently then I could understand why they would still be pissy about JR and what he did to them but instead they come across as hypocrites because they have no problem forgiving others for equally heinous crimes.

If there is a silver lining in this whole Jarissa BS storyline it's that hopefully JR and the Kane girls (or at least Bianca) will re-connect. I doubt it will happen under DK/DS but if JR has to have a supposed good person being his moral compass, I'd prefer it to be Bianca and not a Carey or Tad.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All right.

B!tches be trippin.

AMC's got a laundry list of characters and stories that have lead it to sh!tsville. To act as if Babe and Krystal are the root of that is absurd considering Kendall, Ryan, and Greenlee (or a combination thereof) have generally hogged up the largest portion of the show for the last seven and a half years and have only occasionally been involved with the Careys. Rylee and Zendall have done, and continue to do, far more damage to the show than Babe and Krystal ever did. And, again, to equate Krystal and Marissa's current positions on the show, written by writers who weren't even on the show during the initial Carey storylines, is absurd.

Madden-in-a-box?

The Satin Slayer?

Rylee?

Zendall?

The Bianca/Reese/Zach fiasco?

Pipel?

The Dragon?

Deadmund?

All lovely tales that were ruined by those evil trailer trash whores.

Let's remember that these are fictional characters on a fictional TV show, so the "blame" goes to the writers. But, if we were to be fictional spectators within the fictional setting, I'm failing big time to see how JR's violent, sociopathic behavior is Babe's fault. He was raising hell for Adam and Dixie long before Babe ever came to town, so this idea that JR was a sweet, handsome cad-in-the-making who was destroyed by the evil skank holds no water with me. One of his main reasons for bringing Babe to Pine Valley was to piss Adam off.

Big whoop, JR and Jamie's relationship was strained. They're young men on a soap opera, they weren't going to be BFFs for long (not that they ever were once they were SORASed into the late teen years).

How was Adam ruined by that? It was sh!tty writing, but it didn't ruin his character. He went on to more storylines and is only gone because the actor decided to retire. There's a difference between characters being written out of character and characters being ruined.

And that ruined Amanda how? That storyline ruined Janet, not Amanda.

:lol: :lol:

MCE left. She wasn't fired. She wasn't forced out in favor of SG. She left because she wanted to.

But you take all the time you need to cope, dear :)

• Members

Amanda no f***g mother or father b/c of that! nothing, not even a brother in PV, how did that benefit her character? She got stuck in the Martin family, was pregnant, now is pathetic housewife. Ask Chrishell Stause if that storyline helped her character, she was put on a temp. contract these past few mths, blink and you wouldn't care about her.

What does that have to do w/ how the Careys ruined most of AMC dear?

Thank you, I guess.

• Members

Loved the Angie/Jake scenes.

Maya is what this show has desperately needed for years: an interesting, likeable, teen girl played by someone who was likely cast while Judy Blye Wilson was on leave recovering from her latest cosmetic surgery (i.e. someone who can act). And they're going to suck all the life out of the character by putting her with Asher.

• Members

NONE of that has to do with Babe and Krystal. It has everything to do with sh!t writing. The Janet/Trevor stuff happened five years and three HWs ago; you mean to say that every single HWing team since McTavish has had absolutely no choice but to water Amanda down into Jake's very own Donna Reed? I don't buy it. If Amanda's "ruined," it's because Dave'n'Don, for whatever reason, have no interest in her outside of being Jake's sitter.

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, but I don't think I am, that you somehow blame Marissa, and, by extension, Krystal, for Annie's departure. I mean, with Annie out of the picture, the writers have decided to try things out with Marissa and JR again, and that upsets you because you are an Annie fan, and so seeing the writers trying to put JR back with Marissa makes you feel that Annie was thrown under the bus, "ruined," for Marissa, who happens to be Krystal's daughter and the sister of Babe, one of the most polarizing characters in the show's history and an easy target when you want to conjure up hate.

• Members

Ofcourse it does :lol: they wouldn't have gone that angle to favor her character if she wasn't on canvas. As for DK/DS they are idiots.

I bame Marissa's character for sucking the life out of JR Chandler for more than 2 yrs. now. It's above just Annie, who's departure was more like a slap to common sense. And those writers are gone now. SaG was hired via being being associated w/ those hacks on another show. What upsets me is the writing of JR is so schizo, NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE CAREYS!:lol:

• Members

That use to be the reason I watched. The current regime unfortunately has me wishing sometimes that he is backburned or not on, this is one of my favorite eye candy/character/actor in all of current soaps, it's to that point w/ this writing staff, this show actually has me hoping he quits or isn't on to watch. Lorraine needs to get on this quickly, JR can not be written that way.

• Members

That's not totally true. McTavish wrote the whole Linda Dano Does the ABC Soaps fiasco that culminated in Alan Q being revealed as Skye's biological father. She wrote that story arc that played out on all three shows. At least that is what she claims. She was officially HW at OLTL at the time, and I'm not saying that she ghost wrote anything else on AMC, but according to her at least, her ties with AMC weren't 100% cut when she was let go as HW in 1999. It does sound like something she'd dream up, so I tend to believe her.

Archived