AMC - Friday - April 6, 2011

• Members

Normally, I'd agree since I was against the idea of making her gay in the first place. (Bianca needed to be as vain and insecure as her mother, but we weren't ready for a front-burner gay character at that time let alone one who might be also someone you'd "love to hate.") However, in this instance, I'd have to say "no." If they cannot make Bianca's sexuality work for them, then kill her off and give SuLu and Minshew some chewy "Shameless Emmy Grab" material to work with.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's more than that. I think the big problem with Bianca is that they've turned her into The Patron Saint of Lesbian Rape Victims. On the one hand, I get that she cannot share Erica's temperament or disposition since it'd be overkill (although, IMO, they should've transitioned Erica into a more mature role by now). On the other hand, though, there are times when she puts even Mona to shame with her virtuousness. Which is why I wanted to like the Gaby story, as I call it, even if I felt proper motivation and logic. (Would Kendall really have been against her husband being a sperm donor for her sister? Would Bianca and Zach really have kept it secret from Kendall under those circumstances? And why are we learning about this now, right on the tail end of a big tornado, when the baby is about to be born?) Add to this the fact that b/c Pine Valley isn't exactly teeming w/ lesbians all her love stories come off as repetitive (all that's needed in Minx is for JR to start beating the crap out of Marissa, and it might as well be "BAM Redux"), and I just say to heck with the girl. Kendall's more than enough daughter for La Kane anyway.

Archived