Y&R: Genie Francis joins the show

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I'm happy for Genie, and her many fans, and I hope this works. She's a good actress with real star power.

But...

While I know she is probably not sitting around doing an analysis of Y&R, whereas she might with GH, if she wants to be on a show with strong female characters, why is she joining Y&R?

The Cane story? Really? I don't hate "Lane" as much as some do, but are you going to waste Genie Francis on Christel Kahlil and Eddie Winslow?

Why do I get the feeling they may pair her with Tristan Rogers and send Jill packing? If Jess goes then perhaps she can be hired as a new Cassadine or whatever.

• Members

They're probably going to pair her with Tristan, just as some tongue and cheek nod to GH fans, and I was also thinking how that would affect Jess-Jill. She would definitely be the odd woman out in a Tristan-Genie pairing. I guess they bumped Tristan to contract, more because they knew Genie was on the verge of signing, and less because of the positive response to his pairing with Jess.

• Members

And then doing pretty much nothing. But still, I can't say Y&R treated Stephen Nichols as badly as GH did.

I think as a writer Sheffer hates women, especially older women, and MAB only cares about a few pets. They already tried to get rid of Jill a few years ago. I will be surprised if this isn't the end for her.

• Members

:rolleyes:

Anyone who seriously thinks Y&R is the place that will showcase Genie's talents are sorely mistaken. Have you people learned nothing from the Stephen Nichols and Eden Riegel fiascos?

Y&R is so poorly written and plotted these days, and the fact that she's connected to Cane has FAIL written all over it already...

I miss the Y&R that wasn't a dumping ground for hasbeen 80's primetime sitcom stars and rejected soap vets from other networks.

I will never come back to this show. Sad to think I watched for so many years...

Archived