GH: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't stand Carly's double standard with Sonny & Jason. She told Jason she wants him to be as close to Josslyn as he is to Michael but meanwhile she won't allow Sonny to be a father to Morgan?? WTH is that?? Jason is just like Sonny basically, actually even more dangerous. Franco is after him & is the main reason Joss has to be guarded right now. SMDH.

Way to much focus on Carly & Josslyn and not enough on Elizabeth. Did not want to watch Jason reading Joss an Africa book and hear Carly feel sorry for herself, whining incessantly to anyone who was near and forced to listen.

I get that Robin and Brenda are BFF's and all but we have yet to have seen Robin visit her other closest friend Elizabeth after her tragedy.

Michael is a dumb ass wannabe gummy bear mobster! Trying to act like he's all hard because he was trained by borgyagi in Pentonville to fight & has a gun now, out to prove he's a man rolleyes.gif I was really liking him for a while there up until now. Why can't he just stay out of trouble?? Oh and great job protecting Abby rolleyes.gif right after you left she got beat up by Brandon!! angry.gif I felt so bad for Abby, Ross Thomas who plays Brandon is a very good actor. He should have been cast in a different role on GH.

• Members

I've tuned into GH a bit over the past couple of weeks to watch some of the Jake stuff primarily to see JJ's Lucky and TG's Luke working together and its been worth it. I am not a JJ fan but I have to acknowledge he and TG's Luke just work together. JJ's best acting partner by leaps and bounds.

But someone explain to me why they recast Michael. THis new actor is lackluster, mopey, and dreadful. He reminds me of a Disney Channel reject no offense. I may not have been a fan of the character, but DG brought an edge and intensity to the character that actually made him interesting to watch. GO figure GH.

• Members

Maybe dreadful is the wrong word. He's just so low energy and just not believable as Michael to me. BUt then I've only watched a few scenes with him the past couple of weeks. DG's portrayal just rung truer to me to how the character would evolve as he became an adult considering his upbringing. But there is a reason I don't watch this show anymore so I guess it shouldn't matter.

• Members

I've grown to really enjoy Chad in the role (thought he was terrible in the beginning), but I still miss Drew and agree with you that he brought much more edge to the character. He would be killing these scenes were watching Michael in now.

I think they recasted Michael because they wanted to show a more softer side with him and begin to redeem him, & they did do that for a while after the prison stuff, etc, but nowadays he's going right back to the way he used to be when DG was in the role and IMO CD is falling a little flat. These are times when I wish DG was still in the role.

• Members

To me its like they don't know what they want Michael to be. Is he going to be the antihero Jason type who was more like DG back in the day, the romantic lead like they are trying to sell him as, or more like Sonny, the dark angry mob boss. I think DG has the ability to play all of it more than what i have seen here but then again I never liked the character ever but I did enjoy watching DG. Watching CD just reminds me of watching a bad after school special.

As far as showing a softer side or redeeming him or changing the character, recasts are a cheap and lazy way to do this. How does anyone know what DG was capable of if he wasn't given the chance.

Archived