GH: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh…… Franco? Why the FRACK does he think he should come and play on GH any time he wants to? Makes me want to hurl.

Carly surprised me by standing with Luke, but it was a pleasant surprise. This is the way it should be - Luke and Carly have had a long relationship too and not always this positive. But the fact that Luke is looking more like the family patriarch - even with his visit to his grand-niece - seems appropriate. (Sorry Baby Boy, I know you'd like her own Grandma there and so would I, but this is good too. It should be both.)

And just to pick up on the thoughts at the end of the previous threat re: the material BH had and what was cut, she wasn't the only "victim". Just about everything with Brook and Nic was cut along with it because it was Liz going crazy on everyone's ass. Huge swaths of lead-up material and relationship stuff was cut because they couldn't have Liz exiting anymore.

I know Guza is to blame for the universe being the way it is, and the tsunami in Japan, and Female Circumcision, and Rickets resurfacing in North America. BUT I feel a great affinity for a head writer who had created something then had to stand back while everyone else had their turn at it. He gets the blame for the "bad writing" but in all, total and complete honesty we fans NEVER see what was actually written to happen in the first place. We see what secondary and dialogue writers, editors and directors THINK should be the story that Guza has written. He gets the crap that the others seem to be shielded from. So when an actor tells me the story is great - acknowledging that they are also at the mercy of the editors after-the-fact, I am more open to the possibility that perhaps as written this tale would have answered many of the questions/holes that we are now seeing. The very public u-turn we saw in the cast changed a lot of things.

That being said, I still think the death of Jake was never the story in and of itself. It was the story used to spark the current Spencer drama that is about Luke/Lucky and those who love them, it's the drama to start an actual JaSam story (since they haven't had one forever), perhaps even to send Carly in a whole other direction with that absolutely GORGEOUS piece of flesh that is Shawn. wub.gif. Whatever it is, it has to be remembered that Jake was truly not that important nor integrated a character yet.

• Members

I like Franco. I don't like the storylines he's had on the show, but I think it's cool that he's into GH.

Also, I agree about Carly/Luke. I like that they have a relationship now. I love how feisty they are with each other, but it's obvious that they care for one another. Would I like to see Bobbie? Of course. But that doesn't mean I don't like Luke to be involved too.

Your first comments about Guza had be :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Members

"The Deep End of the Ocean"...I think it came out in 1999. It was a bout a woman (Michelle Pfeiffer) and her family, including her son (played by Jackson), after the other son is kidnapped. But then a few years later, the son turns up living down the street or something, having been kidnapped by some mentally insane woman.

It was a pretty good movie, lol.

Archived