GH: April Discussion Thread

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

As soon as this storyline was spoiled I knew how it would go down...Women do not drive story on GH when all is said and done the focus is on the men...I knew this story would be about Lucky (and Luke when I read he'd run Jake over) I didn't ever expect it to be about the mother of the child. This is the year of the Spencer (via Bob Guza).

• Members

Brenda knows the dangers of the lives of criminals. She knows it first hand, through her own experiences, and she's seen what it has done to others. Considering she want to every extreme to protect her child from The Balkan's son, she could have been more understanding. She went all the way to NYC, found another man, had him pretend to be the babies father, and sign away his rights, just to protect her son from the Balkan/his son.

She knows what a monster Alexander was, and where does she think he picked that up? His father! She knew what the Balkan did, and it was part of the reason she went to so many extremes to to keep her son away from that. Suzanne was around Theo for years. She knew what a monster he was, and she watched what he did to her son. And she knew that he would do the same to her grandchild. And she protected him. She hid him from Theo, to save his life.

Brenda knows as well as Suzanne knew that the kid would have NEVER been safe with her while Theo was still alive. And, Suzanne didn't have to bring the kid to Brenda. Once Theo was dead, Suzanne could have taken that kid to any tropical island she wanted and raised her grandchild herself. But she didn't, she brought him back to his mother. And (assuming this really is brenda's son), that proves right there that Suzanne is not evil, and that she was only acting to protect her grandchild.

So yes, Brenda could have been far nicer. Obviously, she gets to be mad at/hate Suzanne for taking her son, but she should realize that Suzanne was saving Lucia. Odds are, if Brenda had that kid, Theo would have taken him anyway. Or, he would have waited until he was older and then brainwashed him the same way he did his own son.

Next time Brenda rants about "MY SON!" she should remember that she would have gone the rest of her life thinking her son was dead if it wasn't for Suzanne protecting him and then reuniting him with her.

• Members

Correct me if Im wrong, but Brenda never intended to raise her son. She was going to give birth and give him up for adoption in order to protect him. What Suzanne did was cruel and unnecesary. She played God with Brenda's life and letting her beleive her baby was dead, all while lying nad pretending to be her friend doesnt warrant her any sympathy. I still dont trust Suzanne and neither should Brenda. It was just a few weeks ago, she was hating Brenda and wanting her dead and now she's all nice and acting innocent? Whatever. She has ulterior motives and I dont buy that Lucian is Brenda's son. I think this is just another sick, cruel game of Suzanne's to hurt Brenda.

Brenda to Snarly: "I kinda feel like you are the worst person to lecture me on motherhood because you are a horrible mother" :lol:

Im with Brenda, Snarly should be banned from the house if she cant respecct Brenda. I cant beleive Sonny wouldnt back her up on that

• Members

Brenda never said she was giving the baby up for adoption. I'm pretty sure she even talked about buying toys and sh!t for the kid, so I don't think that she was ever planning on that.

If she planned on giving him up, there would have been NO point to the whol Dante as the father thing.

• Members

I think that was the entire point of Dante signing away his rights to her as it gave her complete power to do with the kid as she wanted. By doing so, it would have made the adoption easier. Why would she even need to contact and deal with an adoption agency if she wasnt going to give her child up?

• Members

The adoption agency was the one handling Dante signing over the rights. To me, it seemed as if she asked Dante to sign off as the father so that she could raise the baby. And if the Balkan ever found out she had a child in that age range, and suspected that it could be Alexander's, he would find that Dante was the father (or so the birth certificate read).

Brenda has said countless times that she "always wondered what her child would look like" and "what he would be like now"...She wouldn't know that if she gave him up. If she was giving him up because she thought it would keep him safe, I doubt it would have been an open adoption.

I believe she always intended to keep the kid.

• Members
If she simply wanted to have Dante sign his rights away, then she'd have gone to a lawyer. No, instead she went to an adoption agency. That tells me, she was arranging for an adoption.

As for your second point, thats typical of women that give their kids up. Its a natural motherly reaction to think about one's child evne if one doesnt raise them. Many women that give their children up or have abortions always wonder about what might have been. Thats what I felt was the case with Brenda

I guess he's repaying her since Carly always chooses Sonny and Jason over her husband

• Members

I see what you're saying Cheap, but I just didn't see it that way. If Brenda was going to give up the kid for adoption, why have all this drama of her thinking it's dead? Why not bring her on, reveal she'd given up a kid for adoption, and have Sonny/Brenda and Theo/Suzanne race to find the kid?

And the fact that I'm almost 100% positive she said she had already started to buy outifts and toys, makes me think she was keeping the kid.

And didn't Diane or whoever was involved say something about the adoption agency having dealings in "family law"? I thought that's what they said. It was odd, but that's what I thought.

• Members

Good grief. There's nothing "odd" about family law. That's simply the area of law when it comes to determining adoption, custodial & parental rights among other things that have to do with a child's welfare. Dante's termination of parental rights was processed through family court, thereby making it a matter of family law.

• Members

hence why I beleive she intended to give her son up for adoption ;) Anyways, I guess at this moment, its a moot point as she has the kid back and the threat, Balkan, is dead. She better listen to Sonny adn get a DNA test bc I wouldnt trust Suzanne

Archived