Shameless

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Shame about Joan Cusak, she's had nothing to do for so long now but she is a stand out actress on the show who makes every scene she is in work (and one of the only actresses on the show that regularly gets nominated for her work). She really is a grounding influence and one of the only bearable thinks about Frank's stories. She's also one of the best and most likable supporting characters on the show. It's astounding to me how Frank is the least interesting part of the show, yet he still gets so much of the focus for such a deplorable character that is written as a goddamn cartoon. Macy isn't that great.

Mandy lost her purpose somewhere in the third season so I am less interested in her story. Her loss is needed to push Lip forward in his own story. It seems like there is less and less keeping him in Chicago, and he feels so isolated from the rest of his family that it almost feels like he and Ian are also on their way out.

There was nowhere left to go with Mandy. They could have finally given her a (real) run with Lip, but he was always more interested in other women over her so that was never in the cards for her it seemed. The character has had a very raw deal, but it is what it is.

I think Debbie is easily the most unlikable sibling of the set (next to Sammie which was a retcon in all ways). So many viewers seem to dislike her, I am not sure if it's meant to be intentional -- but if it is the writers are burying themselves because it is going to be much harder to sympathize with her later on should she ever be given a story where she is meant to be a protagonist. I think the only time I liked Debbie during the storyline in either the first or second season, where she supports Frank endlessly until he disappoints her and then she kicks him out of her room.

I really want to see where they are going to take the Ian storyline, it sure feels like he and Mickey have had a diminished role in this season. It feels like Lip and Ian both have had reduced airtime in favor of Carl and Debbie.

Edited by Skin

• Members

I loved Ian's and Lips relationship in the first two seasons. I really miss them all working hard and putting money in the jar to help pay bills. I actually like Carl, he is funny and he has really grown since season 1.

I miss season 1 and 2 to be honest, showing the hard struggles of them living and making ends meet. I also miss V from the first two seasons, she was a hoot and now these twins have kind of back burned her.

Edited by gtru1981

• Members

Tonight's episode was unreal. SO much happened in one day. It somehow felt like a whole season went by. It was tremendous. Did anyone else feel a bit spent afterwards? Woah.

First off...

8398c194-ffb0-4460-95c9-a0f3d1331c0f_zps114490e4-ca76-46f0-ace8-a80462c883da_zps

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png GUS/STEVE KAZEE wub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.png I'm like in love over here. Obsessed, you guys. Obsessed. Is it just me?

Goddamnit if I wasn't there for those impulsive ass developments w/Fi & Gus in this episode. Their fast asses professed their love for each other & got married in the same day...LOL. It was so, so crazy. My mind was blown. But it was soo good.

Somewhere along the way, though, about 30 mins in -- I got this daunting suspicion that something may be off with him...or that maybe him & the band are connected to Jimmy & that girl somehow. I really, really hope I'm wrong on both those ends and he really is just a sweet head over heels guy. But the ending really didn't help matters. Fiona seemed to regret everything. I'm extremely bummed. I want to see them work!

BTW can the diner boss guy please disappear. He's a bother and I hate how pissy & half pressed he's acting around Fiona.

The Carl stuff I found incredibly racist and offensive. The music, dialogue and subject matter was utter sh-t. I couldn't believe that mess. Carl drug dealing now? Really? rolleyes.gif

I was surprisingly entertained by the Frank story this time...it was pretty good and I like how they crafted it. I thought it was well done all the way up until the prosthetic leg nonsense which was really insensitive & disgusting. WTF?

17f36237-9735-4de9-b7ae-747cc519276a_zps3690a0d4-c9f4-4f8b-b033-faf6b50060c4_zps

Did anyone else LOL at this part. I was dying when V hung up on Fiona so suddenly like that laugh.png

Not sure how I feel about Debbie and the boxing guy just yet. That actor is a bit stiff. But I'm glad they're steering her away from the teen thot business.

I didn't care much for the Lip scenes. His story was islanded in Florida and every time they kept going back to it I was like "Oh yeah...he's in this episode?"

Ian/Mickey have been getting scraps. Their story is so minimal and barely focused on. I think they made a huge mistake with this bipolar Ian stuff. It's not being shown steadily enough and it comes across half baked. I really would've rather just see them work through their relationship and explore each other more.

Fun note, this episode was directed by Richie Keen; This past Summer I worked with him on a different show. That guy is a complete d!ck. I cringed when i saw his name in the credits. He does great work but he is a nightmare to deal with during the Post production process. Ick!

• Members

Haha, at Debbie's thot friends turn on her and then call her a rapist bitch. How did they even know about that and why was that blonde chick so offended by it.. She was a bit extreme

I am already over Carl and this wannabe thug storyline

Fiona's guy....falling in love with her after one week? Dude, shouldnt have said that. I cant believe she was tingling instead of being a bit weird-ed out. Now she's in love with him too? She was just into his friend a week ago

tumblr_nj4yje1h5n1qk8tlao5_250.gif

Kev and V...Im actually on her side. Kev needs to be more attentive to her. LMAO at her getting an orgasm from that guy grinding on her. Im glad she confessed to Kev bc he needs to listen and change things

tumblr_nj5g71BEu31qa3oruo2_400.gif

What did Lip ever do with the 10K he got? Did he color his hair? It looked red

tumblr_nj2xk6bX7z1siqc38o2_500.gif

Dont get Ian and Micky's storyline and frankly not feeling it

What insurance did Frank get all that money for? The house? Dang so he cheated Sheila out of that?

tumblr_nj4yje1h5n1qk8tlao6_250.gif

My god, now Fiona wants to marry this guy? There is something not right about him, especially since he knows about and saw those kids she has to raise. What the hecll did she get herself into? Very irresponsible of her

tumblr_nj444edGC71r8dpzmo1_540.png

How cute

He's the killa! Im telling you there is something not right about this dude. He's going to hurt her and Jimmy is going to come and save the day. Mark my words

she's still a thot! She wants to screw him next. Hopefully there wont be any rape involved

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

After this last episode I have to wonder if Ian is the only Gallagher who is suffering from mental illness. Seriously, I am not noticing the difference between Ian's inability at dealing with the world through his bipolarity and the way Fiona, Frank and Lip's check out of the world and continue to [!@#$%^&*] up their lives with this bullshit. Do any of these people know how to function as adults? I am just beyond done. Fiona knows nothing about this man, she could be marrying a man who is in debt to his eyeballs, or have some unsavory past that could bring harm to her family? Seriously, what the actual [!@#$%^&*]? Honestly, it's so odd to have them all running wild doing frankly irresponsible and juvenile [!@#$%^&*] like they are 16 year olds or something. It's just ridiculous. Lip is probably going to wind up expelled from school, where is the Fiona we knew and loved from seasons 1-3? Why is Lip trying so hard to destroy his life, after he just saw how Fiona destroyed hers last season? They are exhibiting absolutely zero self control in their situation and it's like they don't know how to make things work. It's like once Carl and Debbie became teenagers, they all checked out and lost their damn minds. Frank continues to be disgusting and I question what utility he actually brings to the show. I was so annoyed with him threw out the entire episode. He's a damn fool and he deserves to lose everything his money, his family and his life. I hope one day his karma will hit him in the face.

Edited by Skin