Shameless

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Kevin is such a sleazy pig! Its like his chracter has done a complete 180. Just 2 episodes ago, he was all about them babies and was with and talking about them 24/7 to the point where he had no time to have sex with V, yet now he has all the time in the world, to get high and f--k a bunch of random college girls? I was hoping to give him the benefit of the doubt last week and thought it was just some drunken ONS, but now he's sober and taking their calls for sex. Of course while he's whoring around, V is watching those kids,

tumblr_nlainty70m1qezlllo3_400.gif

Lip and his teacher was so stupid as if some respected college professor was going to screw some student she JUST met in her office during work hours and risk her career.

tumblr_nlad9a5s1V1shsenao1_500.gif
tumblr_nlad9a5s1V1shsenao2_500.gif
Fiona asking Sammi "Why are you still here?" YES! I wish she had been more forceful about throwing the leech out

The stuff with Frank and the doctor was so stupid. She just walks out on her shift to go drink and get high with this bum? Like she was still working! What a doctor

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Is this show just made up as it goes along? I've seen bits and pieces and I get that feeling.

The UK Shameless was the same way - that's one of the reasons I lost interest. The main difference is they had hot guys who got naked a lot.

• Members

This season feels that way. Specifically with Frank and Fiona's stories this season and the introduction of Sammi as this primary antagonist, feels a bit manufactured and unbelievable. The side characters feel directionless as well specifically Kevin, Veronica and Svetlana. The others more or less have a structure to them, even if I don't find them particularly well developed.

• Members

Its obvious Debbie's thot ass is going to be pregnant. She gets the pill and the doc tells her specifically that it takes 48 hours before it starts to work. What does she do? Have sex with no condom. What an idiot. She knows this boy is no virgin so he could be giving her a disease as well

Kevin "lives" in the college dorms? Why isnt he at home? Didnt Vee move out so he could be there with the kids? Did I miss something? Did she return and he move out?

I continue to love the Sammi hate and thankfully she was barely in this episode

What kind of drugs Lip have those guys on, making me think the show did a crossover with The Walking Dead?

Sammi turning Ian into the army....what a bitch!

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I wouldn't say that season 4 was better than season 3. The only thing season 4 really had going for it was Fiona's descent into stupidity which pretty much decimated her character, to the point of near no return. Season three had important climaxes of relationships with key characters, Fiona/Steve, Mickey/Ian, Lip/Karen and the Monica/Liam storyline. I would say all of those things were better crafted story arcs, produced stronger character development and held higher dramatic stakes than Fiona continuouslyarrow-10x10.png making bad choices episode after episode for little to no reason. Ian disappeared, Shelia tried adopting native american children and Lip's issues were especially trite. I would say season 4 led the path for the various issues we are seeing now, the family feels fragmented and the characters respective arcs feel underdeveloped. Fiona can't get her act together to be a real parent to these kids, and is basically becoming Frank the second -- leading to the idiotic choices being made by Debbie and Carl. Ian and Lip are continuously in-flux.

The only stories I feel seem anchored are Frank's redemption (is this even really happening, I have no clue it's been two or three episodes) and Sammi's villainous turn against the Gallagher's (at least there is a common enemy).

• Members

My thoughts on season 3 are pretty detailed in previous post, but I'll just say that my main problems with that particular season are that the show got too over-the-top stupid and borderline offensive and most of the characters had little to no real development and were just put into outrageous plot after outrageous plot. Kevin having sex with his wife and his mother-in-law? Gross. The random appearance of Mandy's sister and her "girl-penis" was so unnecessary and immature. Lip's descent into South Side trash was hard to watch after seeing how much potential the character had early on. Lip/Mickey were the ONLY story I truly enjoyed from start to finish in the third season. All of the other characters felt very stagnant, making the same mistakes over and over again without showing any type of growth whatsoever. Season 4 had them feeling like real people again, and things actually happened to advance their stories.

• Members

WTF??? I guess I forgot Ian was being hunted down by the army? rolleyes.gif Still where did that come from? I mean really, they couldn't find him all this time at the Gallagher house? When he went crazy & was arrested? Unbelievable. I hate Sammi. All this energy being put into this girl is not compelling or interesting in the slightest. This is the worst.

Debbie....DISGUSTING! None of that was good. This THIRSTY ass little girl wants to be pregnant on purpose now. Where is the sense in this?

Kev was living at the dorms? Again WTF? I agree with Cheap, I don't understand how their living arrangement got all out of whack like that. I guess he maybe made a hut out of it when he started the business with Lip again but still doesn't make sense how he was there all that time and never went back home. Was V even aware?

Not interested in Fiona & the depressed diner guy rolleyes.gif BORING. Not a fan of the actor. I prefer Fi & Gus. It's too bad they had Gus bail on the sexy Skype session. Sigh.

Frank falling in love with the doctor? rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif NAH.

Lip rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif Like I think I detest him more than Sammi & Jimmy almost.

This is really the worst season. I'm going to go back and watch seasons 1/2/3 again. They're seeming like a blur to me right now. I can't recall which was my fave...want to experience them again!

• Members

I was shocked to see Monica. I thought it was actually a really natural, compelling touch. That first scene was great. Her taking him out of the military prison seems a bit much though; The fact he's been keeping in touch with her all this time was enough.

I'm glad Kev & V reunited, as ridiculous as it was.

I knew Sammi being dead was too good to be true. [@#$%^&].

Fiona and the miserable diner guy? ZZZZ. So sick of Fiona bouncing from guy to guy. Slept through their scenes. I didn't get why he went in the back & did drugs again.

Frank and the doctor girl...just WTF?? I didn't really want to see any of that. I get the basis of what the story is trying to tell but still just not into it. Frank is a lost cause and so played out, as is Lip.