Shameless

• Members

This was a really good episode, especially for Ian.  It was really heart breaking to watch him start to accept that he was going to end up a loser. The way he looked at that janitor's uniform in the mirror, you could just sort of see his life flashing before him. Unable to keep even a job his brother got for him.

It was really beautiful when it all turned around in an instant and he saved that woman's life.  I liked that made the scene realistic too, in the sense that you could feel she was about to die in one of the worst ways possible as Ian pulled her out of the wreckage. I got the impression he might have found his new career path, either that or a new hot guy.

I bet Fiona is too far along to get an abortion. Not really sure what the rules are in Illinois, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 20 weeks.  This is just going too easily, with Fiona doing the (imo) smart thing and Shawn just accepting her decision. As he should, but still.  When she said she had no idea who's baby it was or how far along she is I was thinking uh-oh. I hope I'm wrong, but she keeps saying she's going to have a few cells removed. I have a feeling she is in for a shock. ER did a good reaction shot when Frank told her Monica had never wanted her.  He remains the worst parent on planet Earth.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree overall that was a really great episode. The progression of the Ian scenes was wonderful. Was that last scene supposed to mean he fell for the paramedic? LOL

:wub: :wub: GUS :wub::wub: OMG. He is sooo hot. Is it just me you guys? I was so happy to see him back. It's too bad he trimmed his beard. It sucks this was probably the last time we'll ever see him though, as they went and RUINED his character with The F Word song. Damnit! I was hoping him & Fiona would get a second chance.

But, Fiona is "f-cking" in love with Sean? A druggie? OK. Whatever. I can't stand Sean and what he does to Fiona. Also he looks half asleep in all his scenes

I agree, with all the mentions Fiona is making about how not too far along she is, I'm almost positive it will indeed be too far and she'll have to stay pregnant.

The reaction shot of Fiona when Frank said Monica never wanted her stood out to me too, and I wish that moment had been a bit elongated. 

The Carl scenes were once again unbearable. Is this show serious? Now the principal and teachers are buying guns from him? That is [!@#$%^&*] vile and not funny. The mock cafeteria shootout scene rubbed me the wrong way. The dialogue is absolutely atrocious, and I can't believe they had Carl say the N word again (referring to himself as one). WTF???? I can't w/this blatantly racist story. I do like that the girl he's crushing on is different and wants to see better in him; there appears to be some sort of underlying positive message here after all which I appreciate. Hope it continues.

I wish V & Kev had a better story right now bc I'm not feeling this current one which is mostly filler. I'd rather see them dealing w/nursing their babies not this loud ass ham guy. 

• Members

I don't think they were actually serious with the gun thing. This is what I was talking about when I said this show goes into some sort of hyper reality sometimes. I'd say they were doing a parody (or is the right word satire?) of the idea that the answer to school shootings are teachers carrying guns.

This show is pretty full of political commentary, but I find they go at it through the back door. The one that comes to mind is the neighborhood men gearing up to beat the $hit out of the child molester, until they saw it was a hot woman. Then Mandy coming in and taking care of business because it is the same thing regardless of gender. They did a pretty good job of showing society's hypocrisy and bias that time, but the story itself was kind of off the wall.

The scariest part is when Frank goes on a drunken rant and actually makes sense. It's happened a couple of times, in between the times he spews his racist nonsense or the "I need to take the man for all he's worth" diatribes.

• Members

I like this episode because it made me think how Ian still has the chance to make something of his life. Be it through a form of college or by becoming a paramedic or a fire men. He has options. I just wish he would go back to school. There is no reason for him not to. There is so much potential for him to turn his life around and I am glad that the show realizes this, and may make a storyline out of it. There could be something redeeming about this season yet. I like the idea of Mickey and Ian taking a break from one another, and then maybe Ian and Mickey realizing that maybe they aren't right for each other.

There was also a nice contrast between Lip and Ian here in regards to poverty and the middle class struggle. Ian representing poverty, and Lip the middle class. I am sure there is deeper work to be mined here but I can't discuss it at length at the moment.

I loved that Fiona really gave it to Debbie at the end, this is the Fiona I admire. She is the hammer, and the foundational law that really keeps that family together and gives them all the support to keep them all going, and Debbie can't stay there. I don't even understand where her head is at. Lip hit it on the head when he said he didn't want to see her become a welfare mom with three kids before she turns 20.

• Members

The Carl stuff is BEYOND awful. Not only do they have him claiming to be black but now he's an illegal arms dealer in school? To make matters worse, he is selling guns to the principal and teachers. WTF?!? This has got to be the most bizarre story this show has done

The other scenes at the school are crazy with that bathroom situation. Man that school is GHETTO

Ian's story is boring. The character really feels irrelevant and his stuff doesnt do it for me. They made a mistake getting rid of Micky

F-ck you Fiona....YES! The first and only time I liked Gus. She deserved that.  What she did was foul. I thought he and his band left on tour? The fact that he's in town and she just dropped him without a word is pretty messed up

Frank is ridiculous. I dont think he's needed anymore. He adds nothing

Kevin and the story with the neighbor....not interested

Between Debbie and Fiona, Im hoping one gets to keep a baby

Nope! That school made him better as it finally gave him some balls. He'd look like such a punk bitch to go back. 

Everyone is mentioning Sean and Gus, assuming they are the father, but I think it will end up being Jimmy, whom she did have sex with before Sean, but while with Gus

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Saw the latest episode...pretty boring. 

Was the guy Frank found for Debbie supposed to be like cute ? Or some kind of hot dad?...LOL. I thought he was average at best. Why did Debbie instantly go with the deal when she saw him? I'm so confused and bothered by this whole story.

Why do the gay firefighters have a separate shift from the straight ones? Is that a thing? I wasn't sure how to feel about that. I found the whole thing a bit much and way too convenient for Ian. It was ridiculous! I guess Ian is going to seduce the married firefighter somehow?

Sean admitting to being a murderer right in front of Fiona & her still accepting him? Wow!

The last scene was very well done with Fiona losing the house bid. Damn.

• Members

This episode is pretty much exactly what one would constitute as filler. Very little progressed in regards to character or substantive plot. I don't think Ian is cruising the guy who saved him, for what it seemed like, it looked as if Ian was going to try and got after the sculptor. But you never know, maybe he wants to sleep with the entire squad.

He has a pretty good resume and has been in a few projects, most notably What I Like About You (Henry) and True Blood (Steve Newlin). I think he is supposed to be "good looking" in the extent that he is young, and can provide for Debbie a suitable husband to live off of, that is appealing since she didn't take the bait concerning the old man.

Edited by Skin

• Members

OK, I'm going to say something really crazy here. I think Debbie should have married the old, dying guy, assuming he could live long enough for her to tie the knot. Not sure what the age of consent is with a parent's signature.  I don't mean that she should have sex with him of course. He didn't look capable anyway. I just think that in the desperate situation she's in it would be best to put his name on the birth certificate. Then she could have the rent controlled apartment and collect social security for the kid. This is the logic that watching Frank Gallagher for 6 years will get you. :lol:

• Members

Why is Stlutlana still on the show? I hate that they got rid of Mickey but her ass is still around

Fiona is ridiculous. I was with Shawn when it came to her trying to invite her whole family to stay with him. She was quite selfish too bc he has his own kid to consider

Im glad the teacher affair is out in the open bc Helene was hella stupid to get involved with Lip. She too old and educated for that

I also loved V ripping into Carl for trying to be black. Only thing I enjoyed out of this awful story

Debbie trying to seduce that portly man was cringeworthy as is Frank being her pimp