Shameless

• Members

I agree about Svetlena; why on earth is she still on? Talk about useless!

I find it really disturbing how every woman Frank encounters & put in story with these days is sick, vulnerable and taken advantage of by him. Disgusting.

Him encouraging Debbie to be a Thot Predator is beyond gross and I can't believe Debbie is going through with pursuing this grown ass man! Also did they cut some scenes?

I'm shocked they actually went through with phasing out the Gallagher home. How could they do that?! It's been the main landmark of the show since the beginning. I really wonder what the story behind this is behind the scenes. It's going to be weird not to see it anymore. I liked Fiona taking one last look inside the house, but it would've been even better if there were flashbacks and if she'd gone upstairs as well.

LMAO! Tony the cop from the earlier seasons is gay? How random! I remember really pulling for him & Fiona to work. I didn't like his line about Fiona turning him gay.

Not interested in Ian & his new guy. I already see it being REALLY kinda boring! I don't want to see Ian get watered down. I personally prefer slut Ian. Sorry. LOL.

Good for Amanda returning and sabotaging Lip like that. I loved it.

Just...no comment on the Carl stuff and the random Myanmar refugees. I can already see what's coming and it's horrible. I did really enjoy V ripping into Carl.

OMG. They forgot all about Chuckie. Where is his ass going to go? :( LOL

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You know the show is bad when Carl has the most emotionally investing story of the ensemble.

A lot of these characters are going through real growing pains, which I like. Debbie, Ian, Fiona and Carl are all trying to adapt to moving forward in their lives and I think that is in essence a good thing. I think Fiona might have been the enabler here, which is hard to see in this context because she has been the sole guardian of these kids, and their sole provider to surviving Southside. But they all need to grow up, and find out who they are, and what they are going to do with their lives. I'm actually find with Debbie playing sister wives with this chemo woman. I still don't give a damn about her character though, as she is a major disappointment, but this might provide some growth and development for who she is, and might flesh her out a bit more into a recognizable character.

I really hope that Carl sees that this life of crime isn't for him. This would be a great moment for an epiphany to see where crime could get him.

I love that Ian is seeing how abusive his relationship with Mickey was, and that he is seeing that love doesn't have to be this way. I know Mickey loves Ian, but their relationship has many aspects of it, that are dysfunctional, and it's good for Ian to know that, what happened to him in seasons 2 and 3 concerning Mickey was not ok. Maybe it is time he looked at his relationship with a more skeptical eye. I am not sold on them as a couple, like at all, yet. But it is an interesting development that should be exercised.

Lip, he is on his way to losing everything. I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish. This Helene thing, is so odd. Lip also loved Karen like this, and it was pretty volatile and unhealthy. Maybe he will come out of this learning more about himself. But it just looks like he is imploding because he got his heart broken. Is he being punished? Or is he being relieved of his duties because the school believe he has been sexually abused? So confused. It seems that while everyone else is growing, changing and gaining insight into themselves, Lip is cracking.

What does Gus want? He's such an odd and confusing character. Is he still in love with Fiona? What is the point of them staying married to one another. Why doesn't he just let her go?

Are you talking about Sammi's mother?

I thought it was the other way around. It seems as if Frank was really gone for her, and he seemed really happy to see her from this most recent episode. Unless you are talking about the cancer patients. They are oddly gullible. But I think we are supposed to see this as Frank's great charming capabilities.

Edited by Skin

• Members

I think in addition to Frank being charming to those who don't know him, people who find out they're dying are pretty vulnerable. I think the woman on the show are just taking a look at their lives and saying f*ck it, I'm going to do what I want since this is the end. That's why this woman is now going to have sex with woman no matter what her husband things. Meanwhile, she thinks Debbie is 18.

Glad to see that Carl isn't a complete psychopath. Also glad that Fiona's abortion went off without a hitch.

We aren't sure Lip if punished before or after the continues to go after Helene. Even taking a naked picture of someone without permission seems like something that could lose a person their RA position though. Maybe this is all a way to get the family back under one roof for the final season (which I figure 7 will be, not that I know for sure).

• Members

I feel Mickey grew a lot in s4 and 5 and that his love for Ian was true. I feel Ian felt that he didnt want to try and manage his bi polar so he gave up on Mickey

I like Caleb but I dont think it will last especially once he meets the family & learns Ian's history

I was so stoked to see Tony and wondered if they will explaore Tony & ian. Wonder what Fiona would say

But I hope before the show ends that Ian and Mickey get back together

• Members

Saw last weeks episode....anyone else think this show looks really cheap lately? In earlier seasons it had such a distinct, dynamic look. These days a lot of the scenes look really amateurish, almost student film looking. Very indie. It's clear they shoot really fast

I'm glad Ian is seeing a new side to what love can be too, but I'm still finding him & his new guy REALLY boring!

The Debbie story is disgusting!

I find this season to be a bust overall so far. The spark is completely gone!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

I'll see what everyone else has to say about this latest ep. I just found myself wondering "Why am I watching this?" I think the quality has reduced significantly, and it's just extra racist and offensive this season. As per usual there are very bright spots sprinkled throughout (Ian/Caleb won me over this last round; I enjoyed the church family angle & how it was handled. Also in last weeks episode there was a really sweet line by Frank during Debbie's ultrasound appointment that caught me off guard.)

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Is Noel filming a different project? Is this why Mickey has been stuck on the sidelines this season? I'm trying to figure out why he is not here. I mean it is good for Ian, but at the same time it just seems kind of odd to drop him in such a way.

Nothing about this show is compelling, and that's the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah it was one of the more enjoyable low key returns I've seen in recent memory.

It feels more and more like this show is looking to wrap itself up next season. Pretty much every single one of these characters looks like they are making a left stage exit.