Shameless

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

4 episodes in...

Okay, I'm very happy that they kept the momentum and tone built up towards the end of season 3. The show just slipped into outrageous caricature for much for 2/3, so I'm just over the moon that they were able to move back to something more subtle and grounded in reality for S4. None of the storylines so far make me roll my eyes TOO TOO much.

Frank

I still hate Frank and will always hate Frank. I don't really care about his story, and I'm annoyed by the fact that Sammy/Sammi/whatever ended up being cool with him after finding out he's her dad. I was hoping her disgust with him would hold and that she'd someone get into the Gallagher orbit and be sort of a foil for Fiona, but time will tell. As for the rest of it and how much of a disgusting little sh!t Carl has become? Ugh. Though I'm not disappointed, because I figure this is exactly how he'd end up, but I pray it's only temporary. He'll straighten up when he Frank f!cks him over again, I'm sure.

Fiona

Ugh. I was rooting for her, but then all the crap with Robbie. I got why she was annoyed with Mike's constant nagging (though I could understand some of his side, too), and I think Robbie's totally in the wrong for basically harassing her, but he (and V) said it best when they pointed out the fact that Fiona didn't have to physically go to Robbie's apartment to tell him to stop texting her. She's addicted to danger/risk/trouble, and that's the bottom line. I like Mike, but if it won't work, it won't work.

Meanwhile, I hate to admit it, but the show is doing just fine without Jimmy.

Lip

My FAVE storyline of the season so far!! THIS is the Lip I fell in love with in season 1. He has so much potential, but he is his own worst enemy! His inability to adjust to college is breaking my heart, and then his self-destructive decision to smash sh!t up and run away was even worse. I'm SO SO SO glad they had Kev knock some sense into him, because I was honestly rolling my eyes at first when it looked like he was totally fine with Lip's decision. Mandy, eh, she's a waste of space and time, and I hope Lip going back to university means someone eclipsing that worthless ho. LOL at Lip lasting about .02 seconds in bed with her nasty ass.

Debbie

My second fave storyline so far. I'm kinda meh on it because I think Debbie would/should know better than the way she's acting, but then again, it's not being written too far out of character. That Matty guy is still a giant creep, even if he didn't want to have sex with her, and I thought it was kinda cute when she and that random guy at the bowling alley couldn't bring themselves to do anything in the bathroom. Her slutty little friends have got to go, but their dialogue is very natural, no matter how gross it is.

Kev/V

Eh, I always love them, but I'm not too invested in their story so far. I'm rooting for them to pull the Alibi together and provide for their kids, but it's not a really interesting story at this point.

Mickey

Honestly, I'm just counting down the minutes until Ian returns. Mickey's just going through the motions right now, IMO, and this thing with the Houseful o' Hookers is a bit on the OTT side. Noel is still working it, though, and I guess that's all that matters. It's been great watching him do magic with this character.

Sheila

sad.png Don't know why she's still here, tbh.

The show is def not messing around when it comes to sex this season. Fiona and Lip are both sluttin' it up, and Debbie's trying to.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

All right, so Season 4 is THE best this show has been since the first season, without a doubt. Everything has fallen into place, and though there are still some iffy things going on, I'm generally VERY pleased with everything they've done. It feels like the characters are finally moving again instead of just going from stupid plot to stupid plot. They're growing and changing, and it's just awesome. Just 4 more eps to go until I'm ready to wait another year for season 5! Nah, screw that, I WILL break the law to watch the show this season. I can't go another year without it!

Frank

Still couldn't give two sh!ts, but it's not enough to ruin the rest of the show for me at all. Sammi has turned out to be a complete moron, but I'm not surprised. Each season, they have to latch Frank on to someone to keep him relevant and to provide an enabler for his stupidity. I'm just glad they got Carl away from him.

The rest of the show

Ugh. Uggggggggggggh. I want her to succeed, I really do, but she just keeps screwing up! I'm kinda glad Robbie exposed the two of them to Mike because Mike deserved better. I don't see them getting back together at any point, and I'm glad. I liked him, but he was never going to fit in with this screwed up bunch.

The coke incident...ugh. First of all, once again, Fiona's being a dumbass. She talks all this game about not wanting to see Robbie ever again, but as soon as he drops off a baggie of coke, instead of getting rid of it ASAP, she's ready to party. That party, by the way, was LAME AS F!CK! I can't believe V was rushing to get home to THAT. It was just Fiona, Veronica, Kev, and the kids, with Kev and Fiona snorting cocaine.

I'm loving Lip as the new pillar of responsibility. It makes total sense to me that he would take on this role, and I'm glad he hasn't backed down from letting Fiona feel the pain of her poor decisions. She honestly believed she could get off for the coke thing, and I'm not surprised. A lot of crimes have been swept under the rug on this show, and that's just the way it goes, but thankfully they've kept on this thing. I didn't start feeling sorry for her until that very sad scene of her walking around the empty house and telling everyone "goodnight."

Mr. Phillip Gallagher has become my #1 fave character on the show again. He's being a complete boss with juggling school, work, and taking care of the kids. In the short time he's done it, he's been more effective at it than Fiona's ever been, though in Fi's defense, she was doing a somewhat good job at the beginning of the show. IDK how I feel about him fooling around with the roommate's girlfriend, but I do appreciate that they fleshed those two characters out a bit instead of just leaving them as cartoony comic relief. I could honestly watch Jeremy Allen White all day, he's that good.

My baby Ian...so happy that Mickey took some initiative in getting him home and tending to him. He's clearly royally screwed, and it'll be interesting to see what leads to the inescapable meltdown he'll no doubt have. The parallels between he and Monica make sense to me, if only because they were always the two who wanted desperately to get out of their circumstances but didn't have the strength or means to do it. They were both bogged down by expectations and an inability to fight against them, and that can mess you up after a long time. I just hope that Mickey's gradual cleaning up is for real. I'd hate for them to become the next generation's Monica and Frank. That kiss, though!! Rarely do I ship a canon gay couple with everything that's in me because it's not always that I think the story is well-written, but I'm all about that Gallavich. They're not perfect, and the story has not been perfect, but it's been a great narrative so far, and the chemistry between NF and CM has never wavered.

Debbie's story is starting to aggravate. I don't know why she's so drawn to the Matt guy, and I'm kinda annoyed that they had everyone react to his age at the hospital but didn't follow through with that, especially Lip. He's a poorly drawn character, imo, because we have no idea what it is he really wants. I do like that Debs has been kinda separated from everyone. I feel like she's at that age where she really doesn't feel like being bothered with the others as much and just wants to be to herself. She's at that Mrs. Garrett/Eastland age.

Carl's gotten better, and his obsession with figuring out if Liam is retarded was classic Carl. I like him more as simple-minded destruction than as thug-in-training. I hope Lip's influence flushes out Frank's.

Veronica and Kevin's slow transition into parents is great. I figured they'd let Carol raise her kid, and I'm totally fine with that. Anything that effectively kills the memory of them having threesomes to get pregnant is okay with me. They're really the tentpole couple of the show, always offering stability to counter the Gallaghers' instability. Definitely one of the greatest couples on TV.

Sheila's thing with the Native Americans was cute/sweet, but still...idk how much longer they can keep her relevant. I know it's an unpopular opinion, and I'm not so sure if I want this to interfere with Lip, but I'm ready for Karen to come back.

SO GLAD this show is so good again! It's always good, but it's back to what I fell in love with originally. I should prob be finished the season tonight or tomorrow night. I fully expect you shameless whores to flood my inbox with links to illegal downloads.

PS: Continuing to curse TPTB for deciding to submit it as a comedy for the awards shows. Too many incredible dramatic performances this season were overlooked.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

I have 2 episodes left and will most definitely finish tonight, so yay.

The Fiona stuff kinda went too far, IMO, with her going to Robbie's and then ending up with those creepy folk in the van. I thought she'd gotten past that point, so it was just annoying for her to go, once again, to Robbie. Earlier on, it was right in character, but even she knows when to quit. It would have been better if Robbie had come after her and then they'd just gotten drunk/high together and that was it. But whatever, I guess the ends was to get her in violation of her probation.

Everything gets just a little darker as we move towards the end of the season (same thing with OITNB), so I'm starting to get freaked out. I hate Frank, and the focus on his "death" is creeping me out. Of course, a last-minute miracle comes out of nowhere to keep the worthless piece of sh!t around.

Mickey calling out Ian is good, and I'm looking forward to what Season 5 brings for the two of them. I hated the plot with Mandy and her boyfriend. The boyfriend was an atrocious actor, and the whole thing just played too much into stereotypes for me. Mandy is a worthless character at this point. She was initially needed as a go-between for Mickey/Ian and had a role in the triangle with Lip and Karen, but her usefulness has run out, so her ass needs to go.

They really have no excuse for keeping Sheila on past this season, but whatever.

• Members

The Gallaghers are back! I wish they would update the opening bc everyone looks different

Micky's wife is pregnant? Dang, wonder if she knows who the father is. I wish Ian wasnt cheating on Mickey bc he's coming across as a slut.

tumblr_nhz32crG3f1rvrf0eo4_250.gif

LMAO at Liam emulating Fiona when she was doing her streches

What the hell happened to Sammi? Im not liking this irresponsible whoreish turn with her. LOL at Sheila saying shes a 45 women when she's actually 33

tumblr_ni1i90ANo21qlf7qio3_400.gif

Dang how many dildos does Sheila need?

Wow, Carl's voice has changed

Ewww, how the hell did all that poop get on the baby's bottom? She had a diaper on

tumblr_ni1ujwA4Lt1rnnrpxo1_r1_500.gif

Jimmy's girl is leaving Fiona money. Cant wait till she comes face to face with him

tumblr_nhvmp5Mbt01tkbntzo2_500.png

Wow, he looks so good when not in character. I didnt realize his hair wasnt real

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Sammi is disgusting. Always was, but they upped it a thousand more notches this season. Gross. Who cares about this scuzzy girl and her Daddy complex? What a useless, bothersome addition to the cast she's been. Sorry.

And poor Sheila. More of the same w/her. I love Joan, but...*sigh*

Frank rolleyes.gif WTH is this beer storyline? How do dirty wood chips and bacon make a good recipe? This is soo bad, Hopefully this is the nail in his coffin finally. The fact he's been neglecting his post-surgery procedures seemed to foreshadow and indicate so.

Carl's voice has cracked and I'm just like ;'-)) look how much he's grown up. Amazing!

I loved, loved, looooooved the Kev/V developments. LOL @ Kev loving his babies more than sex! The Mommy forums? Adorable! I love this! The first scene was PERFECTION. V being so done with all things related to being a mother was inspired and so well done. I really hope V doesn't cheat on Kev or leave him. I'd really like to see her work through this.

Eww @ Fiona's new guy. Figures he's her boss. More of the same writing for her, I'm not too excited for anything to come for her at this point.

Omg @ Ian sexing up every person in sight. Damn son. Future doesn't look to good for him or his relationship with Mickey. He's going to explode at any moment.

Lip? I find him boring when he's in this mode. I prefer when he's more screwed up. Good for him deciding to not go back to his old drug habits w/the neighborhood friends but I would've preferred to see it happen.