Shameless

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

tumblr_n3c0diTtwV1r1aa2lo1_250.gif

Haha, Fiona's ass is in JAIL! She deserves it. I really cant stand her this season. She has morphed into Frank and Monica; completely irresponsible and unreliable. She's a mess and a liability to those kids.

tumblr_n3c0diTtwV1r1aa2lo7_250.gif

I cant stand Debbie and her skank friends. I was laughing when that girl set her up to be embarrassed bc Debbie was playing with fire, trying to act all tough

tumblr_n3c08rIGkD1rrfqyuo1_250.giftumblr_n3c08rIGkD1rrfqyuo4_250.gif tumblr_n3c08rIGkD1rrfqyuo5_250.gif

LMAO!

tumblr_n3be4fGRKG1shrjyzo4_r1_250.gif tumblr_n3be4fGRKG1shrjyzo5_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n3be4fGRKG1shrjyzo6_r1_250.gif tumblr_n3be4fGRKG1shrjyzo7_r1_250.gif

tumblr_n3c3l2oPXE1s59sqbo3_250.giftumblr_n3c3l2oPXE1s59sqbo4_250.gif

Obviously the best moment of the episode. Love that Micky is out and officially a couple with Ian. Screw that bitch wife and his father

• Members

I was not a fan of this season. Too dark for me. Then Frank at the end. What a waste of a good liver. Then the real end. Eff me.

I was glad Sheila's adoption petition failed. If she wants to take care of people, let it be the Gallaghers. Sammi and her kid need family, as do Frank's other children.

They should have left Fiona in prison for the whole three months. Like Lip said, it's not the end of the world and she needs a wake up call. I did like the way the season ended for her though, Getting out would have been a nice way to start next season.

I felt bad for Mandy, although I expected to see her pregnant, after Lip was trying to get her to have a "ghetto baby" with him awhile back.

Micky needs to get a paternity test. I feel more sympathy for his wife than a lot of people, since I think she's basically a sex slave or at least she was before she married Micky. Still, he needs to know for sure this child is his before he gets close to the kid only to find out he's really Mickie's half brother, instead of his son.

I didn't care for most of Ian's story this year, but I can't blame an actor for taking on film work, when he isn't the star of the show,

Anyway, I'm hoping there is ore humor next year to balance out the tragedy.

• Members

Noel Fisher (Mickey) has been a revelation this season. Love Mickey & Ian. Cameron has been great with the emergence of Ian's Bi-polar

I hope both get emmy nods for this and cant wait to see Mickey try & help Ian in S5

• Members

That ending was EVERYTHING! As a fan I cant tell you how excited I was

The Sheila story was just plain stupid. Its time to cut their losses with this character as she got so OTT and not in a good way

Excuse my ignorance but Im just now finding out that the actor playing Kevin was Van from Reba! He looks so different but now that I know the connection, I totally see it and wondering why I never picked up on it before

• Members

I finally started the rest of the season (past episode 1), of course just as the season ends lol Not many thoughts on episode 2 besides I absolutely hate what they've done with Carl and Debbie so far. Debbie, especially, but I can sorta understand why she is the way she is now. Still, I feel like a lot of the smart, mature girl she used to be has just disappeared. I can't deal with Carl and his obsession with Frank.

I've never been a huge Fiona fan, but I've never hated her, but I fear I'm starting to feel that way. I saw this description of her on Tumblr a few weeks ago that was just SPOT ON. I'll have to find it and repost it here.

Lip...once my favorite character, but he's such an idiot so far this season. I kinda feel sorry for him because he is totally out of his element.

I know Ian's gone for a while, but I'm surprised that no one mentioned him in this episode at all.

They probably won't. I've read that TPTB have decided to start submitting the show in comedy categories because they weren't so successful in the drama categories. Like WTF.

Your ignorance is NOT excused kthxbye lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I felt like the entire purpose of this season was to show that Fiona wasn't perfect, but the entire way they went about getting there made no sense. She did things that were so out of character, I had no idea who this person was supposed to be. I guess perhaps it was an adverse reaction to holding down her entire family for the last 5 or so years and putting every thing on hold to put the family together. But then in the end she almost destroyed the very thing that she was trying to protect, so what the hell? She nearly brought them all out of poverty only to !@#$%^&*] everything up. I need more understanding as to why this happened?

Yay, Jimmy's back!!!!

What was the point of that extended scene with Mandy at the cafe? We saw her all season long, what was the point of Lip seeing her there? He knew that she was a waitress before didn't he?

I am looking forward to Ian's storyline next year, especially since they have made the choice to make him bi-polar. I hope they do a better job of portraying his bipolar storyline than the one they did with Degrassi's Craig and Six Feet Under's Billy.

I agree with you on the paternity test. Especially in light of the fact that she is a prostitute, the father could be anyone. As to sympathy for his wife, I don't have sympathy for her. I feel like people forget that she basically raped him for money. Mickey's father forced him to have sex with her in front of Ian with a gun pointed to his head and an explicit threat that he was going to kill both of them if he didn't sleep with her, and then because she got pregnant he was basically forced into marrying her to appease his father.

• Members

It wasn't clear to me that it was a choice. Maybe it was, but I figure between Mickie's father and her employer, she wasn't doing a lot of decision making in that situation. The way we saw the replacement sex workers get out of the truck, I figured they weren't normal prostitutes, but sex slaves. Sort of like the women on the second season of The Wire, if you've seen that.

• Members

I always understood it as they were eastern European immigrants who had no family, no money and no skills to make it in America legally, so they sold themselves to make money. Kind of like how illegal Mexicans end up taking contract and migrant field work because that is the only way they can make ends meet. From the way Mickey, Kevin and everyone else speaks about them it seems like these women have no unique skills to diversify themselves in the economic market and can't get regular jobs elsewhere, thus the prostitution.

Ultimately I think she has a choice, but she just didn't care and now she is becoming an opportunist out to benefit as much as she can from the situation she was placed in.

• Members

Watching Season 3...purely here for Ian and Mickey....I find Ian weird but oddly refreshing with his IDGAF attitude. Totally surprised he's the dominant guy (aka giver) in his relationship with Mickey. Just watched the episode where they try to rob the house of Ian's old lover...lmao

Lip is hot but the character (like most of them) seems like absolutely damaged goods.

The child actors really get me though and are very impressive (especially who ever is playing Debbie). The look of hurt on her face when the lady in foster care told her that she was going to be placed in a home by herself (as opposed to with Carl). And how she looked at Lip and Lip rubbed her hair to try and comfort her....things like that really get me.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Members

The guy playing Mickey should be the most reprehensible person I've ever seen on television and yet the actor does something which makes me feel nothing but pity for the poor guy. Watching Episode 3 of Season 4 and its so clear how much pain Mickey is in without Ian around...sad.png

SO Fiona and Mike....yeah I saw the brother thing coming from a mile away....does it make a bad person that I totally understand why Fiona was so attracted to him tho? What she did to Mike is wrong but Mike has always seemed to safe for someone like Fiona.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear