Shameless

• Members

Since I've been wanting to watch this (and to also see Van from Reba naked), I viewed the pilot via Comcast's Watchathon Week, and I was immediately hooked! I haven't been able to watch any more episodes yet, but I hope to at least finish the first season before Comcast takes all these lovely free episodes away from me. I hate Frank, but I don't think the show would work without him, so I'm willing to tolerate him. I liked how he seemed to be more of a background character in the pilot, and hopefully he stays that way. To me, the show is about Fiona and the kids raising themselves and learning how to live in the world around them. I love the neighbors and the fact that they're weird yet totally in love with each other. And yay, Van from Reba was naked!!

I wasn't too keen on the romantic storyline between Fiona and Steve, especially when it got all syrupy with the music and montage and what-not, but I was back on board by the end.

Love Lip and Ian's brotherly relationship, and all of the stuff with Karen was hilarious. I knew girls in high school who did exactly what she was doing. The dad freaking out and taking all of his clown stuff had me LOLing!

Judging from the season preview at the end, the mom shows up again? That ought to be a great episode.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

AMD, you haven't posted on this yet...shocked!

Mandy on Karen: "What does she do? Drool and fart" laugh.png BTW, does she realize that Mickey is gay or at least bi?

tumblr_mkkqs8ZlzM1rmvd7zo5_250.gif tumblr_mkkqs8ZlzM1rmvd7zo4_250.gif

ETA: Oh I guess she does now!

tumblr_mkl2fgfPAd1s07ozwo4_250.gif tumblr_mkl2fgfPAd1s07ozwo5_250.gif

I don't trust Karen. I think her ass is lying. Im waiting for that twist to be revealed

"We can call him a retard. We've earned that right." lol

Mandy going down and trying to force her mouth around his d-ck was just embarrassing

"Little brown baby with the boogers is my brother"

tumblr_mkl4i3DZqq1rnm8t2o1_250.gif

Micky and Ian wub.png WTF is Micky marrying that whore? She's a prostitute...how the heck can he be sure that the baby is his? He cant

Steve's birthday is Christmas and Estefania couldn't remember that?

tumblr_mkl67cBBHi1ro0xnso2_500.png

Fiona cheating on Jimmy...knew it would happen. At least she didn't go all the way

That wedding and reception was TRASHY as hell.

I liked Jimmy so I was sad to see him go. I know you were probably happy with that. I guess at least he isn't dead

Frank continues to be a POS. Teaching Carl to be a burglar and of course the cops come for the kid. I was surprised to see him confess. Thought for sure he'd throw Carl under the bus.

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I just tuned in!

This show makes me rolleyes.gif sometimes though.

First, the Fiona/Steve scene outside the coffee shop was really powerful and ended on a sort of violent note with Fiona lunging at Steve...and the show played some upbeat rock music at the end to lead us into the next scene?! WTF? I find that kind of music direction SOOOO annoying. It happened several times in this episode, where there were some real emotional beats hit & they were watered down with the same ol hard rock guitar strums blasting all the feeling away. I guess that's just a part of this shows charm.

One thing I have to always commend though is when we see Fiona alone looking flustered/sad/angry as hell, and then she flips a switch & gets her happy face on for the kids and starts the morning grind. Love it.

I *LOVE* Fiona & Mike. They're beyond cute! The actor playing Mike looked so familiar to me, I finally figured out where I've seen him before! He was on "Are You There, Chelsea?"

No comment on Steve. Deuces

Ian/Mickey...still not much progress was made. I guess I was glad to hear Mickey mention his "feelings" and how he can't just flaunt them around, but I still wanted more. How ridiculous he went through with the wedding. Would've been so much better if he stopped it and professed his love for Ian right there.

Speaking of that wedding/reception, yes indeed it was trashy as hell and very oddly produced

Mandy rolleyes.gif I didn't even care when she found out about Ian/Mickey (something I originally couldn't wait to happen). She is total garbage. Are we supposed to care for her feelings after all the mess she's pulled? I can't express enough how much I think they FAILED this character!

Carl getting arrested...of course that had to be turned into another Frank joke! That stuff was compelling until he came out and made a total fool of himself. Whatever

Laura Slade Wiggins (Karen) gave a spellbinding performance. I can't decide if she's faking or not. LOL. I'm enjoying her!

• Members

Love Mandy. I don't feel sorry for Karen. After everything she had to say about Hymie's disability last year, now she has cognitive issues of her own. What a shame. I can't imagine she's faking and willingly going off to Arizona with Jodie, but I'm sure this isn't the last we'll see of her. Unfortunately.

• Members

Good finale. I liked Ian and Mickey scenes and then the small one with Mandy and Ian in the hallway.... followed by Mandy laying into Mickey for being a punk.

I liked how Fi went all out to throw Lip a party and how proud she looked framing his diploma.

LMAO was that a sex toy party Sheila was having?

Happy for Lip and getting into MIT and Thanking Mandy because she knew his worth and potential. He's a smart kid.

I can't wait to see everyone else's views. I have to rewatch and then I'm sure I'll have more.

• Members

There's something sick about Jodi calling Sheila, mom. And then her referring to him as one of her babies. This is one sick family.

tumblr_mknm54UoGU1s8qbego1_500.jpg
V's mom is 12 weeks pregnant. LMAO at V blowing up at her in the hospital hallway in front of people. MoM: "Bitch, Ive been so lonely lately" laugh.png

tumblr_mkx97ennRz1s3vfuto2_250.gif

Eww, to Frank puking out blood. I hope his illness forcing him to be sober, means that we will see a genuine change in him next season. The scene of Carl cutting his hair was touching

tumblr_mkx98x9N6W1qglx77o4_250.giftumblr_mkx98x9N6W1qglx77o8_250.gif

I loved this entire scene. I was hoping Mandy saying that would inspire Mickey to show up at the end and stop Ian

Fiona: "Lets get a nurse"
Frank: "I don't like the one on duty. She's fat"

"Amy if its a girl and DeShondre if its a boy." Well for that child's sake, I hope she is a girl

Oh boy, now Sheila is selling sex toys? Id NEVER have believed this if you told me back I season 1. I still find it kinda hard to believe

tumblr_mkx8poMRYa1r8rkiao1_250.giftumblr_mkx8poMRYa1r8rkiao4_250.gif
No Steve sad.png. Im upset Fiona doesn't know the truth and thinks he just ditched her

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I hate when season finales dont have a shocking cliffhanger of some kind! That felt like a series finale ending.

Agreed Cheap...I loved that whole entire Ian/Mickey/Mandy exchange. It was perfection! BEAUTIFUL acting by Noel FIsher (Mickey). He didn't want Ian to go!

I was really hoping Mickey would appear and stop Ian at the bus sad.png

Was anyone else waiting for Frank to flatline at some point during the episode? LOL. I was sure it would happen during that breathtaking scene between him & Carl. Interesting story point - I really would welcome him getting himself together in the next season.

I really was waiting for him to die though...when he puked up that blood (ugh! I couldn't think of a more less disgusting way to say that) at the ice skating rink I was preparing for him to die.

So happy Fiona is a regular at the cup business now and is ready to move on from Steve. I really do hope he never comes back!

Now, I need to patiently wait for my next Showtime network obsession to come back...HOMELAND! Whoever in this thread doesn't watch that, I need you to start. Pronto. Please!

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• 1 month later...
  • Members

My feelings are mixed. It was too early in the series for Fiona to get happy ending, since in this version she's sticking around. Steve was a liar for sure, but now, his good moments seem bitter sweet to me.

I think his best scene might have been when Monica showed up the first time and Fiona was walking back home alone in the snow. Steve found her, hugged her and opened the car door for her. I liked him then. Maybe he can show up again at the very end, since we didn't actually see him die.