AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Best Frankie scene eva!!

Had it been Yvonne, @$$ kicking would have commenced, tumor or no tumor.

That was totally ridiculous especially since Rebbecca was Jesse's shrink and instead of enabling him to be a punk for 20 years (and then "sending him home" when she found out she had a tumor), her job was to help he regain his life, his whole life, not a piece of one where he was ducking and hiding from every shadow... Angie should have been angry with both of them because Rebbecca knew exactly what she was doing and it wasn't keeping Angie's family together like Angie insinuated when she told Frankie it was their "turn" to keep this family together...

And Rebbecca... how in the world did she not rip Jesse a new one for disowning Natalia? There was no excuse for that and for her to accept it and act as if it was OK for Natalia to be sacrificed like that so that Jesse and his family could be happy was beyond my comprehension...

• Members

I think this is exactly the storyline that AMC needs and they chose the right characters and actors for it.

Soap is returning to AMC and I can't wait to watch.

I want more as well. Angie and Jesse are a supercouple and this is writing for supercouples. Watching Jesse and Angie play with their baby once every two months might be adorable to some but it's certainly not must see tv.

People complain about the baby swtich storyline but that storyline, as frustrating as it was, kept people turning in and to this day we are all still talking and arguing about it on the boards.

• Members

Me too!

This does sound like the most intriguing storyline D&D have come up with so far.

ICAM! This story sounds like it's going to involve the entire Hubbard family and their friends. And unlike the Babe/Bianca babyswitch, there will be repercussions when the truth eventually comes out.

Yeah, and he had a new family he neglected to tell her about too. This is completely in character for Jesse!

I love that this is a major story for the African American characters and that they're over the age of 40!

I agree that D&D have flopped so far because they haven't followed through with the stories very well. David's "murder" dragged on too long and had a ridiculous conclusion, Kendall shooting him and Erica covering it up should've culminated in a trial at the very least but instead just ended with a whimper. But this story has so much potential, imo, to be one of those great stories that we're still talking about 20 years from now!

• Members

I think this underestimates the love the AMC audience has for Angie. I think many people will root for her to keep the baby.

I agree that knowingly adopting/fostering a child would be a better story, but I'm not convinced that this is going to destroy Jessie in the eyes of the audience.

What concerns me is how similar this story is to the Y&R story, even down to the baby's name. Makes me think that the AMC writers are well and truly out of gas.

• Members

She looks a little bit like Bailey to

10d83d0a8108f2db019e11b2d7c75ba2.jpg

What I don't like is how perfectly petite everything is going to go down. Jessie is going to realize the baby is stillborn and then just at the right time, Brot's going to find an abandoned baby in his car and give it to Jessie to pass off as his and Angie's?? rolleyes.gif But I think it's clever how they're tying it in with this girl.

About Angie and Jessie maybe keeping the baby down the road and adopting it? I hope so to, but then I think about what their marriage will be like once Angie finds out. I'm guessing not very good. I won't blame the Chandler Maid girl if she wants her baby back after seeing the mess it'll be surrounded in once Angie finds out. But at the same time I'll be pulling for Angie/Jessie to make it and end up adopting. I really hope Angie's sight comes back soon, maybe AMC has plans for that during May sweeps or something...hopefully. It will be interesting to see how Angie is initially after realizing that she's been lied to...

• Members

The more I think about this story, the more I think that it has potential to be very good. The writing may not be great, but DW and DM have the talent to save this story. If DW does a good job, the audience will understand and sympathize with his desperation and bad decision in that moment. Also, it isn't like he is stealing someone else's child, the baby was abandoned. Watching Angie bond with the baby will be heart wrenching as people hope that it will work out and she will be able to keep the baby when the truth comes out. For once an ABC soap is giving a challenging story to two actors who have the talent to give strong performances. Like I said before, this story could help DM to finally win an Emmy for best actress.

• Members

I agree this is Frankie best scene. I also don't understand why Rebecca got a pass for sleeping with her patient, by pretty much everyone. I don't think even Frankie brought that up during the two days he was allowed to be mad at Jesse.

I think that this storyline did do a lot of damage to Jesse, because he ended up doing both families especially the kids and Angie (Rebecca knew what she was getting herself into and seemed to be okay with being Jesse‘s second choice) He tried to hide Natalia and he abandoned Angie/Frankie, I think he came out looking bad in multiple ways in that storyline. I could see him coming out looking pretty bad in this upcoming storyline as well.

I would like to see more scenes like this with Angie/Jesse where they are discussing their children/family, whether they are agreeing, not quite agreeing with each other or really disagreeing with each other.

I liked how they talked about Frankie and his feelings for Randi in this scene. I also liked it when Angie didn't like Randi lol. I remember one time when Frankie told Angie that he thought she didn't think Randi was good enough for him.And Angie was like "umm... YEAH. :lol: I thought that was funny and true.

• Members
That may be true but if this girl wants her baby back, it might be hard for some, especially those of us who saw/know about Angie giving up Frankie then wanting him back.

This isn't her baby and she has been on the other side... how can she justify keeping a mother from her baby when she was able to get her baby back after giving him up.

This girl looks young so that is even more like Angie when she gave Frankie up.

• Members

AMC needs drama and they need it bad.

Supercouples aren't about holding hands and being happy, supercouples are angst, torment and then finding their way back together.

Jesse and Angie are finally getting a storyline worthy of their supercouple status.

• Members

The same Angie who viewers bashed for being friends with Krystal?

The same Angie who viewers bashed for having issues with David?

The same Angie who viewers bashed for being a good doctor that's loved & respected by her colleagues?

Of course not.

Cause in their eyes he's already been destroyed.

And they never really wanted to "love" him anyway so the constant character assassination is just a convenient excuse.

So if baby's name was different the story would be less cliche & offensive?

• Members

How much sympathy has the audience EVER had for Darnell & Jesse since his return.

After the first 6 months (and even THAT'S a stretch) it's all been downhill.

That didn't help viewers sympathize with Randi.

Keep it real.

Viewers will bash Jesse for everything, Angie for being stupid, Brot for being Jesse's accomplice & they will continue to ignore Frankie & Randi until they need characters to further emasculate & humiliate Jesse when the baby is finally given back to it's biological Mother.

Nope.

It's shoveling the same tired, offensive cliche stories at AMC characters except this time they're minorities who don't have the numbers nor the investment by the writers or the audience to survive such horrrible "writing".

If Debbi couldn't win for the train station scenes or Angie going blind there's pretty much no chance for her to win.

Archived