AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

On another board there were those who lamented the fact that it was Angie and not Randi who was pregnant (some of them may be glad with this turn of events) and said Angie was too old to be having a baby and she would be waiting to be a grandmother, not a mother.

• Members

Brooke's daughter being killed was good, and it had lasting repercussions for decades, as did BJ's death on GH. We also didn't see Brooke trying to replace her child with someone else's, nor Tony & Bobbie on GH. the DIFFERENCE? They were baby switches and didn't make these characters baby stealers, which is basically what Jesse & Brot will become.

This will just outright destroy two characters.

Exactly, they barely got front burner airtime before DM took time off and no one tell me it's cause J&A were "happy" K&S have never written for J&A

• Members

I never wanted them to knock Angie up mainly because as I've said a million times, there are too many kids on this show. But honestly, if they aren't going to recast Randi I'm not interested in anything that keeps her tied to the canvas. Part of the reason Frankie gets no story is because he's shackled to her and they have to be perfect.

• Members

OK, I was just trying to understand if you didn't like kids being killed. I don't watch GH, but I know some fans are up in arms over the fact that they killed a child. I mean the show is (supposed) to be set in a hospital where people die. It's one thing to be mad about a writer ripping off another story, but death is part of drama.

• Members
I wasn't clamoring for it but was OK with it... well at least now Angie won't be lumped in with all the other neglectful parents of young ones because you know that would have been leveled at her as well once she was back in the thick of things and was never seen with her baby.

• Members

See, I don't really see it that way. That enormous buildup and the devastating let down of losing the child is drama. Problem is, this story rests in these writers' often incapable hands. You can't half step a story like this, you can't skip beats. Honestly, it's the acting (particularly from Morgan) more than anything that intrigues me here, this is some Greek/O'Neil-type material for them to play. Good people do awful things for what they see as the right reasons and the writers really need to have Jesse's back here. Erica stole Maria's baby out of spite because she lost her own and caught her husband cheating with her, Jesse takes an abandoned baby to replace his wife's stillborn childhood "out of love", it's all [!@#$%^&*] up no matter how you look at it but it comes down to intentions I suppose. Susan Lucci disliked her s/l, Darnell Williams is "over the moon" about his, he's good guy Jesse who has already suffered some hits to his integrity, she's Erica Kane, people expect her to be devious and she'll always come out on top, oy...

Archived