AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Members

Plus, Jake just lied to Amanda about giving their baby up for adoption. I think she forgave him a hot minute. They aren't a super couple either. LOL!

Jack testifying against Erica at Bianca's custody trial broke them up. I remember how controversial that was at the time.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm also reminded of OLTL's Cassie losing her baby (and her mind) and finding River in the manger. We felt for Beth (especially when she was sick and dying) but she did abandon the baby like this maid presumbably will do and our feelings for the newbie don't supercede our feelings for the beloved vets. One thing that Jesse and Angie have going for them more than any other couple on the show is unconditional love for one another and the strongest romantic bond, regardless of what the writers throw at them, Darnell and Debbi do that, they did the "work" back in the '80s and it holds up today. No matter what stupid, selfish, irrational thing they write for Jesse and no matter how much some fans hate on him for that, the bond between him and Angie is undeniable, stronger than Erica and Jack, period. This is perhaps why they get the crazy HUGE couple-testing [!@#$%^&*] thrown at them because they are the only ones you know without a shadow of a doubt will come through it. Jesse and Angie will get their happy ending, I have no doubt of that. At this point, what's done is done, they're not backing out of the story so we can only hope that they don't royally [!@#$%^&*] it up.

• Members

But that's what supercouples do, they break up. I mean real supercouples like Jesse/Angie and Tad/Dixie. Not this half-assed, rewarmed force-fed trash that Frons tries to pass off, like Rylee and Zendall. Jesse/Angie are among the last of the last great supercouples. This story can and should eventually pull in everybody in Pine Valley:

• Tad/Cara/Krystal/Jake/Amanda - Tad backs up his best friend while feeling torn because he remembers all the time he lost with Kate, Cara understands what it's like to do something wrong for the person you love, KWAK...has experience stealing babies
  • Jack/Erica/Caleb - Erica remembers what it was like to have her daughter taken from her. Jack/Caleb are lawyers on opposite sides because of their memories of Travis/Bianca and Sonya/Asher
  • Bianca/Marissa/JR - memories of the Miranda/AJ switch
  • David/Liza - Leora and Colby 'nuff said
  • Ryan/Kendall/Greenlee - Eggs, blackout, Spike 'nuff said

OR

Jesse/Angie could remain on the periphery: black, perfect and irrelevant.

• Members

I think better drama would have been the baby being born with some type of illness, and that slowly causing friction between Angie and Jessie. I can't tell you how many marriages I've seen fall apart when parents devote everything to their sick children, and no time at all to their marriage.

It happens, some parents just can't deal with having a sick child, and it often tears marriages apart. It would be interesting to see from Angie's eyes as well, as she's probably seen such cases being a doctor herself. But that's just me.

Jessie lying to Angie and passing off someone else's kid as their's makes me a bit uneasy.

• Members

Come to think of it, why don't soaps every try SIDS anymore? Why does the woman always have to be clueless as to why she either miscarried or why her child died at birth? :rolleyes:

I swear these soaps and their misogyny.

SIDS is still a regular occurrence in society. I would rather see a story where both parents weren't intentionally dumbed down, and where they were conscious that their child died, and that kind of grief slowly causes cracks in the marriage until it all explodes.

Think Ordinary People with a baby dying, and in a soapy/serial format....

• Members

I'm not sure what people want anymore. I mean, I wanted a happy, healthy baby girl for Angie and Jesse. But I'm trying to figure out where the drama would have been with that. Would people have really watched to see them handle a child with a disability, or would AMC bother to show the kid other than when they wanted to cause friction for J&A?

This is horrible. This is shocking. This is disturbing. And it's two characters, who are a legacy couple, who have been to hell and back...who looked to FINALLY getting a happily ever after, only to have the bottom drop out. Their dream just turned into a nightmare. It's the worst kind of pain. What Jesse does, sounds like it's snap decision. Angie can probably sense that something is wrong. Brot just picked up this baby, Jesse hears her cry...Angie can't see the difference...why tell her, why ruin her dream? Why make this any worse than it has to be? So he acts first, thinks later.

It's hard to handle, but I want to see it play out. I want to see if K&S really do ruin it, or of they might have actually thought this out? I want see Debbie and Darnell play this. I want to see A&J struggle, fall apart, and hopefully pick the pieces of up. I want to see if they can find "happy" after all of this.

Maybe that makes me a bad fan. Maybe that means I'm drinking the kool-aid or whatever, but this sounds more interesting than I thought it would.

• Members

^So then why bother? Why are you still here? I don't understand what the harm is in hoping. They've disappointed us so many times, this one won't be any different.

But maybe this time, it will. We won't know until it plays out.

• Members

lol, the surprising thing would be if K&S don't end up sucking with this storyline. I think they will end up doing a poor job with this storyline like they have with done with the rest of their storylines, especially the Kendall/Griffin/Ricky one. I do think that there will be good acting in this storyline but I don't think that the writing for this storyline will be good. Nothing they have done has been good, so I wouldn't be surprised if this storyline won't be any different. We'll learn what happens and how people end up reacting once this storyline plays out but I don't trust K&S.

• Members

I think it's a classic soap story, but I thought a year's worth of a blind pregnancy would have been enough drama for Jesse and Angie, that they've earned some good news. I'd rather see some drama centered on the younger Hubbards, but alas...I see why they're doing it, but I don't like it. Part of me hopes that this is only being done as a desperate, desperate attempt for ratings, but even then, that's not something I'd approve of. Ugh. Just ugh.

I definitely would have!!

But then again, there's loads of stuff I'd watch that AMC wouldn't do even though it's perfectly within this show's mission statement to do them.

• Members

As it should. This is an awful, tragic situation and "uneasy" is the nicest way to describe it. But it's going to be compelling. Not fun or easy but I suspect that even the people who hate it won't be able to look away. And to me that's a world better than people who bitch about the lack of diversity yet tune in every day anyway as these characters are shunted off to the sidelines.

I love the fact that we're ten pages into talking about the Hubbards. Not Ryan, Greenlee, Kendall or JR but the Hubbards.

You couldn't have this discussion about anyone on OLTL or GH.

No. As someone said above, Kendall has kids with special needs. But nobody is tuning in for the Spike or Ian.

Archived