AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Members

"There was this guy & he was walking down the street & he kept walking then he found something & then he lost it & there was this car with a guy in it then he got something & there was this dog & he was barking because the window was open not so muchhe could jump out but THE END!"

LOL! One of the best Roseanne moments ever!

Of course burying a baby (period, let alone by hand) is beyond sad and, yes, creepy and usually left to mentally ill characters in theatre and film. You never know what's spin with these people, but at least it sounds like that scene was handled well and played beautifully by Darnell.

Participating in this thread has affirmed my soap viewing ability to accept/reject/disconnect at will... a skill I've had to acquire in order to go on enjoying these shows while seeing them for what they are, all the incompetence and crap that gets squised out from BTS. Regardless of how THEY make Jesse or any other character I have enjoyed look, I can see beyond the faults in the writing, the agendas, whatever, it won't change my opinions of the characters when I see that they are clearly being mishandled in spite of themselves. The best I can do is write a strong letter expressing my disdain for the character assassination and hope that it doesn't fall on blind eyes. My other alternatives are not to watch, or as I suggest, watch with my own mental edit button at work. It shouldn't have to be this way, but this is what soaps have become (for me, at least).

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think JR has his moments.

Denise...I'm not even sure why she's still there, as they lost interest in Randi years ago. I'm sure she could find better jobs modeling or posing with various flaccid primetime and action movie names.

• Members

While I see the point others are making about happiness and etc. being boring and being an easy way to the backburner, the point remains that in a genre and on a network where babyswitches are as common as infidelity these days, there are just some of us suffering from babyswitch fatigue. What puzzles me even more is this is a rehash of stories that happened like a year ago, like the whole Bailey mess.

And I ask, where is the pay off for viewers in all of this, for those that have been invested in Angie's blindness/pregnancy story?

This reminds of me another one of DK's brilliant stories that involved another preposterous babyswitch. If David is going to be involved, don't hold your breath at him NOT playing a cartoon character.

• Members

AFAIC, Jesse has been ruined by this latest development (if not before then), so...

Let Jesse manage to keep up the charade for awhile, even as others - Frankie, Randi, even Tad - begin to have their doubts (that "Lucy" is not really his and Angie's baby).

Jesse is shot and killed in a big showdown with Ricky during the climax of the "Who (Cares Who) Killed Zach Slater?" storyline. Before he goes, however, he finally reveals the truth to Frankie, who must in turn tell Angie. As much as Angie is heartbroken over losing Jesse again, she is also angry with him - for switching the babies and for not doing right by the child before his death.

Angie undoes Jesse's mistake, giving Maya back her daughter just as she regains her sight. Fortunately for Angie, though, the baby will remain forever tied to the Hubbards, now that Frankie has fallen for Maya, putting his marriage to Randi in jeopardy.

And here I thought the collective Jedi mind trick had worked. ;-)

• Members

No. Well, maybe. Once I bring back Greg Nelson (Laurence Lau) to see whether sparks could fly between him and Angie (SHUT UP, FRONS!), I might bring back Jacob as a "spoiler," if you will, to their budding romance. Depending on how everything plays out chemistry-wise, it ends with Greg and Angie together and happy, and Jacob returning to...where is he again? Paris? Or, Jacob and Angie reunite, and Greg gradually becomes part of a love triangle between Liza and Colby (with Colby out to steal him away from her mother, rather than the other way around). Or, Greg and Angie get engaged, and Jacob sticks around, eventually becoming involved with Kendall, once she and Griffin break up over his ex-girlfriend, Christina, coming to town.

• Members

Ooh Greg. Now THAT would start some mess! That would be so deliciously complicated. As long as we're fanfic-ing, I would like to bring Cliff and Nina back to town (Jack Abbott be damned) and let Angie and Cliff's past dalliance cause issues for the Warners and the Hubbards. Cliff would make a wonderful enemy for David which would draw him towards Angie while David would find himself pulled toward Nina played by the luminous Taylor Miller who will come back to take an interest in Cortlandt. Plus Cliff/Angie would be a lovely full-circle "[!@#$%^&*] you" to the bigots AMC chose to placate all those years ago.

And before somebody jumps in to ask "What about Jacob?" I never saw Jacob so I have no opinion on him but I have a hard time thinking that I could ever see Darnell as anyone but Jesse especially in Pine Valley.

Ignore the jackasses. We have an alt-AMC to write! :lol:

• Members

marceline, it's been so long, I might feel the same as you now, but I remember Jacob as being very different to Jesse. I thought he was cooler, calmer, more willing to step back. I think PV could use that type of male character at the moment.

I know it's not going to happen, I just think there's a lot of untapped potential.

• Members

I've gotten so bored with Peter Bergman in recent years but I saw such great chemistry between Cliff and Angie. With one exception (Neil and Victoria on Y&R), it seems like the interracial romances that had such outcry also had a lot of great connection and potential.

Archived