AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Members

Did Bergman say this somewhere? Man, everytime I think I've lost all the faith I can in soap actors some new tidbit makes its way to the surface. My mother loves PB. It would break her heart to find out he's that level of !@#$%^&*]. I fell in love with Cliff/Nina when I was home with the chickenpox and ended up watching AMC with my mom while she dabbed calamine lotion on me with a cotton ball.

You just raped my childhood, Khan! You're the George Lucas of soaps! :lol:

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it would be kind of beyond farce for AMC to kill Jesse off again and bring Jacob on again to replace him. What I'd much rather see is Jacob (and Cassandra) with him re-enter the storyline following a Jesse/Angie break-up after this horrible, horrible storyline. That way, Jesse and Angie can perhaps deal with all the unaddressed Jacob stuff - she moved on and built a family with his long-lost relative who looked exactly like him! - while Jesse also works to redeem himself and rebuild his character in the audience's eyes, because he's been a broken-down joke since Pratt brought in Rebecca and Natalia IMO. Maybe dig deeper into his missing years so as to explain his psychology, the way he changed and became so much less honorable after years of struggle and hiding out? Jacob would hang around for a little while to play off the Hubbards then depart; Cassandra would stay. Inevitably, Angie and Jesse would of course reunite. This is daytime's premier black couple, and there is every reason in the world to salvage it despite some horrendous writing.

I wouldn't mind seeing Angie giving things a whirl with either Greg or even David during her separation. David because it's so forbidden and the actors, I think, have great chemistry. I haven't a clue how you'd do that but you'd have to start by bringing David back to the man who loved Erica and Anna. He's a joke today as well.

Oh, and Jonathan, shut it.

• Members

The show obviously has a void it's constantly trying to fill, now that it doesn't have Dixie. It would explain Krystal, the ridiculousness of Babe/Marissa, and now the introduction of this maid who's baby just happens to end up with the Hubbards. Isn't this the 1,000th time they've tried to recapture the success of the Dixie intro story? AMC just needs to stop. Hire CM already and write some wacky excuse as to how Dixie survived the poisonous pancakes. I'm sick of all the imposter's.

Jesse's death kneel is switching the babies. This is perhaps one of the biggest acts of character assassination since Tad buried Dr. Madden alive. I can seriously say IDGAF about the character anymore because I don't recognize him at all.

• Members

It is extremely easy to undo Dixie's death: Blame Roy Gardner. Of course he would do that to Tad, and he is Angie and Jesse's nemesis as well. Bring David Rasche back in, and you can do a big mystery story with Tad/Jesse/Angie and possibly Cara and/or Greg Nelson to boot. Maybe it happens while the Hubbards are separated, so they are drawn together despite themselves for Tad and Jesse plays the hero. And from there you can play a triangle or quad with Tad, Dixie, Cara, and someone else. I personally would be torn because I think Tad and Cara are actually good together. You'd have to find her another very strong love interest, because I think LH could help carry this show into the future, not unlike the way Denise Alexander and Deidre Hall did on GH and DAYS into the '70s and '80s respectively while playing relatively unconnected non-core heroines.

• Members

Count me in as another person who wouldn't mind seein Greg and Angie as a couple. I had thought before that it would be interesting if Greg came back and him and Angie became romantically involved. Laurence still is a nice looking man, Greg is nice and sweet and he geninuely cares for Angie. And he also protected Cassandra. I wouldn't mind seeing him come back and seeing a slowburn romance between him and Angie. I wouldn't mind if he came back even if they don't pair him with Angie. Like Khan mentioned I could see him being conflicted as he falls for Angie,and I think that would interesting and romantic to watch. He wouldn't flat out pursue her, not at first, he would be conflicted about pursuing her. I think they could do this without killing of Jesse again.

They could have Jesse/Angie divorce, maybe Jesse move away for a while or something. Greg comes back and Angie start to lean on him. They get closer and Greg finds himself falling for Angie but unsure of what to do about his feelings. That could be a good romantic storyline and "grown folks" type of sexy. Plus various characters would have opinions about it including Frankie, Tad, Jake, Opal,, etc... If Jesse is still around when this is going on he could deal with Greg and Angie getting closer and that could be interesting to watch as well.

I like Angie's/Greg's chemistry in this scene. She looked mighty happy to see Greg, lol. :lol: They could be hot together.

• Members

I read spoilers from that said that Frankie's biological clock will be ticking/he will bring up wanting to have children with Randi which will make her uncomfortable. He brought up wanting to have children with her before and she dismissed his feelings about that issue. Her reaction was kind of like "Boy Please, that's not going to happen anytime soon."

I wonder why the writers are having him bring this up again and where they could be going with this? I don't think that Madison's baby is his, though I know that some people think this could be the case. I think that Madison's baby is Ryan's and that Madison might end up in some type of triangle with Scott/Ryan. Plus the writers are having Emma distance herself from Greenlee and wanting Madison. So I think that Madison's baby is Ryan's.

But I wonder where the writers could be going with this. Frankie wants children, Randi doesn't want them right now. I wonder if Frankie might end up cheating on Randi and getting someone pregnant, (who I don't know). Or maybe since the writers barely use him, it's just something they will bring up from time to time and let that be Frankie/Randi's "issue", that's not going to get resolved anytime soon.

Archived