AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope so. That's what should and probably would happen to his white counterparts. Again, most of the longterm characters have held a number of jobs, Palmer owned the Chicken Shack, Tad has done everything from make wine to host a TV show and the only thing Erica Kane hasn't done is greet shoppers at WalMart.

• Members

I think that the writers could have gotten more storyline out of giving them a baby with a medical condition. That's something that can be revisted in the future when the child is older. Killing the baby off doesn't really provide really long term storytelling. (I do think this storyline will drag out, but I'm talking beyond the end of 2011). But giving a child a medical condition could do that, even if it's not revisted again for a while. The only things I can see potentially coming out of killing the baby long term is if Angie/Jesse actually divorce over this and stay divorced for a long time. And I don't see that happening, so I don't think this storyline is going to provide any more long term ramficiations and will probably provide less long term ramifications than Angie/Jesse caring for a child with a medical addition. (Unless you count the damage that will happen to Jesse's character.)

• Members

I shudder to think of what they might have Jesse end up doing. He's already burying the baby himself, without Angie the rest of the family's knowledge. I think that that's kind of gruesome/ICKY within itself, and I'm concerned about what else the writers will have him do. Will he pay people off/try to bribe people to keep the secret, how many lies will he tell, how far will he go to keep his secret? I saw the lenghts the writers had Ricky do to keep his secret from Kendall, and how far they had Madison go to keep the secret about her baby's paternity from Ryan. And neither one of those situations involved good storytelling, so I am concerned about what they will end up doing to Jesse and Brot and whoever else may get involved with this lie.

• Members

Will they all end up in the clink, Maya for abandoning baby, Jesse and Brot for taking it? Will Maya catch hell if the windows weren't down? Will Brot catch hell for leeaving the doors unlocked even under the circumstances? A woman can leave a baby at a hospital no questions asked, but not so much in the backseat of a black and white. Many things...

• Members
And it doesn't help that Jesse said he let Angie and Frankie believe he was dead because he was afraid that anyone near him would be in danger yet he immediately gets a woman pregnant and spends the entire 20 years with them... it wasn't OK to put Angie and Frankie in harms way but it was OK to put Natalia and her mother in harms way? Or he found a way to be with Natalia and her mother but he didn't bother to find a way to be with Angie and Frankie?

And Jesse saying that a white woman with a black child was a cover for a black man as if that unit would go unnoticed was the height of stupidity and made Frankie and Angie look like idiots for swallowing that load of malarkey. Angie and Frankie were by far better candidates for helping Jesse blend in and not stick out.

• Members

Jesse should have stayed dead, IMO. I don't care what anyone says (I don't curr what NOBODY say!!), there was absolutely no plausible way to bring Jesse back to life. And there are tons of back-from-the-dead stories that I feel the exact same way about, but this one frustrated me so much because I really liked the idea of Angie and Frankie coming to Pine Valley and being a very close and protective mother-son force to be reckoned with at PVH and around town in general. Of course I've loved having Jesse around for the most part (in the family stuff), but Debbi and Cornelius would have been enough for me, provided they were written for and treated correctly, which -- for anyone on any soap -- is the exception, not the role. So, basically, IDGAF.

• Members

If it were up to me this is what I would do:

Have Angie begin to uncover the truth. Jesse begs Frankie to help him keep things quiet, and says he has always felt guilty for having to fake his death and leaving Angie all those years, leaving Frankie without a father, and this is his way of trying to make up for all that. Frankie is torn, but ultimately he confirms Angie's suspicions. Jesse takes all the responsibility for what happened, and he goes to prison. Angie's sight returns just as she is going to say goodbye.

After about four or five months, Jacob arrives in Pine Valley, after Cassandra returns and doesn't want anything to do with him. He has a small child, a boy, by a new girlfriend, and Angie tries to help Cassandra and Jacob patch up their relationship. She also still has some feelings for Jacob, but struggles more than ever with the memory of Jesse. His little boy also brings out mixed emotions for both Angie and Frankie.

• Members

That's interesting Carl, it never crossed my mind to send Jesse to jail (for a spell with continued appearances) and bring Jacob to town. What a neat little insurance policy Darnell's got with that, and it would genuinely surprise me if they actually considered using it. Did they establish the Patty Duke thing for the newer fans when Cassie came to town, I don't remember.

Archived