AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Members
It can... I was only making the point that Angie, though she may be loved by a good number of viewers, could be unrootable in this instance and the mother rootable over a beloved, long stadning, established Angie.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And also getting mad because she found that hooker in her daughter's bed. :lol: I'm glad that Angie had a realistic reaction to Randi being a prostitute, even though she ended up coming around to Randi.

I wish that Pratt would have expanded more on what caused Frankie to go and live in the woods. I know he had issues due to Iraq, but I think that the writers (during this particular time Pratt) should have expanded more on that, and wrote more about what caused him to do that and go by "Quentin" for a while. Pratt wrote about Frankie's issues somewhat, but I think he could have done a better job than he did.

• Members

DeeeDee you rock :wub:

They don't need this kind of drama, I have a feeling this is going to drive even more people away

Super Couples need angst that isn't damaging

Worthy of their Super Couple status? Now that is just scary that this is considered worthy of that :ph34r:

Zendall had angst piled on top of angst, and it damaged them ALOT

• Members

I don't doubt that we will get good acting out of this storyline especially DM. But I don't think it's going to be a good storyline because K&S aren't good writers. I think that they are pretty bad writers. IMO, they jacked up Kendall's storyline dealing with Zach's death. It started out okay, but I think they ended up really messing it up. I don't think that the acting will be able to save this upcoming Angie/Jesse storyline, I think it will just be the only good thing about it.

• Members

DeeeDee, All I am going to say to you is that your opinion about this story is yours and I have my own. However, I don't know how you can generalize about how the audience feels about any character. There are tons of different people watching and they have different feelings about different characters. On every soap board, there are fans who love David and others who hate David. For every fan that criticizes and dislikes Angie and Jesse, I see tons who love and support them. Also, fans on soap boards are a tiny percentage of the whole audience. In any case, soap characters don't have to be loved by everyone to be entertaining. End of.

• Members
Me too...

Even though I care nothing about Randi (because of DV's acting), I didn't have a problem with Angie coming around because she should have if the girl got her behind off the streets... but I did find it ridiculous that Angie was bashed for not being happy with Frankie's choices and telling him so...

This is what I was concerned about... its bad enough that they will lose their baby... and if the story is poorly written, that makes it all the worst...

• Members

Fair enough.

But weren't you also excited about having Maura on Y&R?

How's that working out for you?

That's not generalizing.

Visit ANY AMC board & their reaction to & about Jesse has been the same (not good in the least) since he returned.

So NOW the excuse is different feelings about different characters?

The justifications will never end.

For every ONE viewer on any AMC board who dislikes David there are 40 ready to burn Pine Valley down because the rest of the characters don't bow down & kiss his feet.

David can do NO wrong EVER & when he DOES it's completely excusable like drugging Bianca by the show & the fans.

Those "tons of fans" occasionally like the actors (mainly Debbi) & who the characters (A/J) WERE.

Not who the current writers are making them out to be.

That doesn't make the story any less offensive or cliche.

Keep justifying.

There are 6 soaps left & when they're gone?

There will be no justifications left. :lol:

• Members

One of the things that initially excited me about Pratt was the fact that he took on the war in Iraq and its effect. The Frankie/Taylor/Brot relationships had a lot of potential. I know a lot of people hated Taylor with good reason but loved how Taylor was all gung ho for the Army and wanted Frankie to go back while Angie was willing to do anything to keep her son safe. (I still remember when she suggested that Frankie tell the Army he was gay. I LOVED that!) And whatever else he did wrong, I'm grateful to Pratt for bringing us Brot who is also going to get some screen time out of this story.

I'm really intrigued to see how Brot and Frankie fit into this story. I'd love it if this causes friction between them. Throw (a recast) Randi and Natalia in the mix and it could be fantastic drama.

Tad/Dixie - had to deal with the whole Kate/Kathy thing which I consider to be very similar. Dixie gave her daughter away and Tad tortured and murdered a man to get her back. Bad writing? Yes. But Tad is still going strong and people are still demanding the return of Dixie.

Erica/Jackson - Erica is never going to have any more kids. But she recently threw the fact that Jack testified against her in Bianca's custody hearing in his face. That was decades ago.

Zendall - isn't a supercouple.

• Members

Really?

When was Dixie ever written as a bad person for giving away Kathy or when has Tad been redeemed over Madden In A Box?

And Tad "going strong" amounts to people currently liking the character cause MEK has chemistry with LK.

Prior to that it was constant Madden In A Box issues from fans any time Tad did or said anything.

They sure got super couple airtime & OBSTACLES.

Archived