AMC: Hubbard birth spoilers

• Members

Speaking personally, I have no interest in that. I'm not interested in watching J&A be parents. I'm interested in them as a couple and this affects their relationship with each other. Jesse is Angie's rock and he's going to tell her an insane lie which only builds on all the other lies he's told her out of love. This is about trust and committment and the breaking of that. J&A are a supercouple and that's what supercouple drama is about. Big couples need big drama. And honestly, if we accept that Jesse let his family think he was dead for 20 years in order to protect them, this is completely in character for him.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1 and a Zendall fan I can attest to that.

I personally have no interest in something like that. Why do characters have to "turn to someone else" when something bad happens? Sure I say turn to a friend, but why do people have to sleep with someone or kiss someone when things are bad?

We already watch them be parents with Frankie. What about when Frankie has another kid? Will people not want see them be grandparents cause that's "boring"

• Members

ZF, I think everybody gets that you preemptively hate the story or/and anything S&K do, lol.

I don't feel this story is damaging to Jesse. He loves his wife and makes a "bad decision" in hopes of not crushing her. It'll take some work but they can get through it even if they're seperated for a while and it's going to give Debbie and Darnell some amazing story. I find this less damaging to their characters than the Natalia/Rebecca arc. I also got to give S&K credit, I don't know the last time such a strong story was presented for African America characters on daytime. I don't know how they'll follow through but I like that they came up with something like this for them.

I do agree that S&K tend to start out so strong sometimes then manage to flop good and hard in what I've seen of them on AMC so far. Hopefully no over the top evil cartoon villains enter this story down the road or/and they don't make David that OTT evil villain in this story. This story does have a touch of piling on which is another S&K problem, they have to be careful with that. I am confident Angie will get her sight back (they have to do that), who baby Lucy will end up with is another story. I'm also torn on what I feel about them not letting the baby survive, as I think most fans are regardless of the potential they see.

• Members

Exactly! The white folks always get the baby switches! For obvious reasons, of course. Jesse's managed to come back from the dead and now he's doing a baby switch just like any other character. He's the Jesse Owens of soaps! And hopefully when all this is over, Darnell can stand on the Emmy stage and give a nice black power salute. LOL!

• Members

They are piling this stuff on with Angie and Jesse, just like various writers piled stuff on Zendall for years. I stopped being a Zendall fan a long time ago but the writers really did keep piling stuff on them. And K&S have piled a lot of stuff on Kendall as well, since Zach has died. Too much stuff, IMO.

I wouldn't want to see Angie sleeping around, but I do think it would be interesting if she divorced Jesse or at least considered divorcing him. And turned to someone/bonded/leaned on someone like David. Things wouldn't necessarily have to get romantic with those two, though I wouldn't mind it, because I think they have really good chemistry. But she could lean on him,they could bond over losing children and that could really upset Jesse. That could be interesting to watch, though I doubt we will get something like that.

Also, regarding Frankie it's downright shameful they don't use him more. If they want drama for the hubbards, keep things interesting for them then should use Frankie. He's right there, waiting to be utilized. Frankie did have a child with Mia, even though I think they are acting like that child doesn't exist. I think that I read somewhere that Cornelius said that he was told that Frankie no longer has a child with Mia, and that his storyline with her doesn't really exist after they de-sorased him.

They could provide storyline for Frankie if the brought back his kid with Mia. They could do some sorasing/desorasing on both the child and Frankie's end and make the kid like 7 or something. They can say Frankie had him when he was 19. Frankie's like what 26/27? That could work.

Frankie could have been all up in Madison's storyline with Ryan/Scott/the baby. Instead of popping out once in a while warning one of them that they better treat her right.

Frankie is someone that could drive story, but the writers don't use him. And insist on focuing on blocks of wood like Griffin/Asher instead. He is the one that the writers could use if they wanted to keep things intereting for the hubbard give them drama sometimes. they really only use Angie, (Jesse don't seen to have many storylines or much airtime outside of hi interaction with Angie. K&S is really only using Angie to drive stories for the Hubbards, while continue to have Jesse do wacky/sheisty stuff, like he also did under Prattt and they are pretty much ignoring Frankie.

Even though they should be using Frankie to also drive story. Frankie is someone that could drive storylines for the Hubbard family even if DM is away, and maybe taking more breaks at time due to her illness. But the writers won't use him and that’ not right. Especially when they give people like Griffin/Asher storylines and keep bringing on new characters and using them.

• Members

OH.

MY.

GOD.

I am kinda pissed at myself for reading this, totally denied myself of an all too rare these days true soap EVENT. On paper, this is classic great American drama, in the unsteady hands of today's AMC, I am scared as [!@#$%^&*].

We all need to write DW letters of encouragement because this story and Jesse's remaining shreds of integrity are totally riding on him. We know good and well he won't always be helped by the writing. He needs to play the DESPERATION, the gut-wrenching love and DESPERATION of this, the deceit needs to be muted by all of that to keep Jesse as far away from ruination as possible. Black folk don't do stuff like this.

EXACTLY what I was thinking, and I don't mean to offend, I'm part white myself, but it's up to Darnell and Debbie to imbue this story with their sensibilities. They know what they need to do because they won't always be helped by the writing. More now than ever, DW's acting choices are going to have to be specific and on POINT.

I am almost convinced now that Madison's baby is going to be Frankie's. I think the faux Hubbard baby being latin is kind of genius and potentially hilarious. It's not uncommon for brown/dark-skinned people to be born light. The give away is going to be the hair.

A few things though:

-Jesse and Brot's jobs are totally on the line; I think Brot is going to get fired for being an accessory and join Natalia out of town; I think they both will avoid jail time though... I hope

-I'm wondering if Angie will end up adopting this baby regardless or lose her like she lost Kayla on The City

Archived