GH: ACTOR FIRED FROM GH !!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^ there are a few in that boat - but BL isn't one of them.

With Dante firmly entrenched in the Spencer and (barf) Corrinthos families, we really don't need Olivia.

If Liz goes (which I think is inevitable, this was just a storyline save but one of her last I'll wager) there is no need for Steve to stick around either.

As much as I truly like the character of Lisa, there really isn't a point to her being there.

Maya just didn't work and with Kristina in the wings bringing actually chemistry and much more conflict into Ethan and the Spencer universe, I don't see Maya around much longer and I doubt we will ever see Zoe.

Epiphany was an obvious move - she might be mildly entertaining but what's her purpose, really.

Matt….. sorry, Spixie had the chemistry, not M&M, and if BA has decided to stay there is much more conflict/story with a Spixie reunion than this luke-warm, Jr. Scrubs relationship between Maxie and Matt. Matt's only real chemistry was with Lulu anyway, and it looks like she's doomed to be Dante's "girl" (man, I miss Dominic something fierce).

Jax - I think he might be numbered as well. Rumours are now pretty much confirmed that TC is gone. If the recent rumour that MB is leaving with VMG (please Soap Gods, please make this true…. please) is accurate, the Max, Milo and Diane are redundant.

Without looking hard that basically brings us back to the core of Spencermaines, Davis/Corrinthos extension and the Scorpio/Jones/Drake ensemble. Even in Guza's world of favourites, if you have one of those last names you aren't superfluous.

• Members

I never saw a lot of chemistry between Spinelli and Maxie but at this point I find Spinelli too repulsive of a human being to be paired with anyone who isn't as repulsive. He almost killed Maxie trying to "save" her. He then was fine with killing Dante and showed little to no regret over that. Yet none of this affects him because Guza sees him as an avatar for Jason or Brenda worship. I think he ruined Maxie's character, because she had some great potential story after Cooper and Georgie were killed and Felicia returned. Instead it became all about poor Spinelli and how he was such a sweetie and couldn't she see that and on and on, and her character now has zero purpose.

As for Steve, he barely seems like a brother to Liz anyway, so I would guess he would stay on even if she goes. I think he is there because Steve Burton and Scott Reeves are friends and Scott wanted a job.

• Members

I have to disagree about Matt. I find Matt and Maxie adorable, and JC and KS are still the natural fit they always were. JC will never be a brilliant actor, but he has this charisma about him that wants to come through if the scripts would only give him a chance. The scenes last week with Maxie were charming I thought, and I could see stories for them where she gets involved in mishaps and adventures and he tags along to keep her out of trouble.

• Members

Spinelli, Matt and Maxie ALL can go. None of them work or feel integral or important. Maxie has the most potential but they've kinda devalued her in recent years and reduced her to a walking prop. She's been used as such for Robin and Patrick's storylines as well as giving Lulu a sounding board. Maxie hasnt felt like her own character in a long time nad is easily expendable. Matt is simply an extension of her and has no purpose without her. Im with Carl; Spinelli's repulsive and annoying. He is currently the worst character on the show

• Members

Wow, this is the end of the Cassadines, except for Alexis. True though that he's pretty much been dead weight for some time. Does this mean that Valentin Cassidine and Matt Borlenghi will never see the light of day. I know that the character and the story were put on hold for the Brenda return, but anyone know if the kibosh has been permanently put on that.

• Members

Such a shame. I was actually REALLY looking forward to the Valentin story. I thought it would be something fun to liven up the Cassadines again.

With Nikolas leaving, it's safe to say we won't ever see Constance Towers again, either. :( :( :(

Such a shame. I was actually REALLY looking forward to the Valentin story. I thought it would be something fun to liven up the Cassadines again.

With Nikolas leaving, it's safe to say we won't ever see Constance Towers again, either. :( :( :(

• Members

The Valentin story was junked for ratings killer Franco wasn't it?

I think we could still see Helena again, as long as Luke is on the show. They will always need a reason for him to vanish for half the year.

To be honest I don't think the Cassadines ever worked after their 1996 return. Guza ruined the Stefan/Nik relationship even before the disastrous 2003 return - how many times in the late 90s did they go back and forth over whether Stefan was his biological father. The show stopped writing for Stefan by 1998 or so and it was just a slow death. Alexis had poor stories for years and they wasted her ties to the Cassadines.

The only interesting relationships in the family for me were Alexis/Stefan/Helena.

• Members

Yeah, that's the real loss. The Cassadines are not worth a moment's thought except for Helena. Nik has been useless almost since day one. Same for Alexis. From the moment they arrived on the show both characters spent their entire existences not being Cassadine-esque, so who needs them? Both Nik and Alexis have all the entertainment value as Cassadines as Marilyn had as a Munster: none whatsoever. Bring back Helena and Stavros and let the dead weight Cassadines spend their off camera time reveling in their mundane normalcy.

Archived