GH: ACTOR FIRED FROM GH !!

• Members

I never saw any chemistry with him and JJ as brothers. I thought he had more with Greg Vaughan. Of course, the "Award for Lucky and Nic Brotherly (and Other) Chemistry" still belongs to Jacob Young and Colton Scott. I'll say no more, since I don't want to get this thread deleted. :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmmm, true. We can never discount the "friend" aspect in any of this. I never will know how accurate this connection is, but it's always interesting who's rumoured to go to bat for another and who's rumoured to be placated by having their 'favourites' hired/maintained.

• Members

recurring, I believe

But an interesting point could be made about his feeling of security on GH and encouraging his wife to return as Jennifer on Days. What would happen to that if Scott was fired? There's always been a suggestion that he rules the roost when it comes to what she can pursue professionally, and would the termination of SR's character bring an abrupt end to the return of Melissa as well…… hmmm…..

• Members

I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that if Vanessa leaves a her one year they are going to write Mo out with her.

I hope so.

Then get rid of Sam, Spinelli, Dante, Diane... so many can go.

she has a 3 year contract, so unless she wants to walk and be sued again, i doubt it.

• Members

Tyler said last fall that would be his last fan event so I'm not surprised..Guza won't write for the Cassadines. I waited for Valentin and for Nik to go dark after the tumor storyline it was rumored he would go dark and I thought that would be a great storyline for many of us Cassadine fans.

Vanessa said in an interview they are writing her exit storyline so? I guess she's leaving.

• Members

To be fair, you also don't do what he was doing in the press - openly admit that he was hedging his bets because he wanted a job. That is just not wise. If GF whining in the media should have taught anyone anything, that would be the lesson. How do you write for a character who is dangling his potential departure in the rags and online? GH has enough issues without catering to one of it's lesser actors.

As for VMG, she's admitted she's gone, which kind of makes a mockery of Guza saying she was sticking around for a while. Interesting how it's Guza with egg on his face, not VMG potentially playing both sides….

• Members

I think anyone outside of a fanboy like Guza would know that VMG was not going to stay for long. She has returned to GH both times for money, not love, and while there are rumors she would have stayed if the material had been better, I don't really believe that. I do think that someone was keeping hope alive at GH and then finally gave in, since it seems like hideous stories like "Brante" were cut short.

I think that Sonny is a more popular character than Jason in terms of what gets ratings - I can't remember the last time anything with Jason brought ratings up. Instead his central stories have been accompanied by ratings drops in recent years. The problem with Jason is you can't do anything with him. He's just a blob other people have to pretend isn't a blob. That's also what Nik had become.

I have thought for a while that Sonny is mainly staying now because of his kids, and I still think that's true, although I have no idea what you would do with Kristina or Dante at this point (Michael of course will get more of the usual martyr-mobster sagas).

• Members

I disagree about Vanessa. I mean, obviously yes money is a big factor, but i do not think the story matters as much as working conditions/environment. GH is a very catty set with lots of big egos and long hours due to only being a matter of 2 weeks ahead and so much being cut/edited/changed at the last minute. Most actors who leave, on good or bad terms, have spoken about it.

• Members

I wouldn't put it past VMG to talk out of both sides of her mouth either. She knows she has Guza by the short 'n' curlies, so she might have been stringing him along until "something better" came up. Or when she realized she wasn't going to be instantly the Lead perhaps she decided the work wasn't worth it. Either way I do think she had her hand in the deception. When SBr was back the interviews about timelines actually meshed up. This time Guza's understanding was extremely different.

The Jason thing…. yeah….. anyone else notice he hasn't had a story since forever?

And I still think it's time to send Sonny to the glue factory.

• Members

I adore Vanessa but I agree. Her returns have been nothing more than money. I think she likes people like Maurice who she worked with but this idea that shes had some great love for GH or the genre IMO is silly. I think VM is a pragmatist, always has been, and unlike a lot of other actors can play the press game extrememly well. She always tends to come across as sincere and genuine not that I don't think she is, but sorry I just don't find all her love for GH she talks about believable.

As for TC good riddance. I dont ever wish anyone unemployment, but hes added very little to the show for years. All this talk about the Cassadines being gone, since when has this character been written as a Cassadine. Not TC's fault but IMO he added very little to the character. The loss of the Cassadines was killing off Stefan.This was the most interesting and dynamic character out of the family but they wrote horridly for him in his last years on the show coupled with his last disastrous return it spelled major fail for the Cassadines. And yeah Nik and Alexis have both been as interesting as Cassadines as a box of rocks. And to TC's whining in the press, he's gotten away with it for years when Guza still cared somewhat for the actor or character. You dont whine when you know your character has run its course and the show has already demonstrated they wont write for you anymore. All these actors need to check their egos at the door and keep their mouths shut if they want to stay employed these days. He could have learned something from VM and how she handles the press

I also think Becky Herbst should have never been brought back. While I dont care for TC I assume this is just the lead up to more firings and while bringing Becky back likely has nothing to do with TC's firing, it doesn't look good and gives the appearence of one actor being fired over another. In the end its not like Beckys going to all of a sudden get great writing or any writing.

One last thing whoever said GV and TC were better as Lucky and Nik hit it on the money. I always always bought their relationship as brothers and its about the only thing I ever enjoyed about Nik's character in recent years.

• Members

Agreed. Sonny can bring ratings for stunts. I don't think that MB is going any where. He has a family and with his mental health issues, I don't see how he can give up steady work at his age. He and the rest of them will ride out GH until the end. They can see the handwriting the wall.

I remember when Guza complained that he didn't know how the rumors about Valentine got started when he started them himself. LOL! Once Franco showed up, he forgot all about Valentine. Besides Valentine was obviously created to give TC a story and sideline Lucky further, but JJ's return meant hat Lucky was back as a pet.

• Members

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2011/03/ghs-christopher-its-true.html

As confirmed by Soaps In Depth's Twitter page yesterday, Tyler Christopher (Nikolas) has been let go by GENERAL HOSPITAL. The actor himself tells In Depth exclusively that he was notified on Friday, March 18, that he would be written out of the soap. "Yes, it's true," he shares.

The actor's contract is up in June, and Friday would have marked the beginning of the last 13-week cycle period in his current deal -- and the time at which ABC would have had to notify him if they would be offering a new contract or not. Even though Christopher has a recurring role as a police detective on the upcoming ABC Family drama THE LYING GAME (set to debut August 15), the actor told In Depth just last month that he was on the fence about renewing his GH contract, but was even open to doing both series. "I have to see how involved I'm going to be, either on GH or on THE LYING GAME, or on both," Christopher shared at the time. "Maybe there's an opportunity, since they're on the same [parent] network, to do both. That would mutually benefit myself and them."

Christopher, a three-time Daytime Emmy nominee, joined the cast of GH in 1996 when he originated the role of Laura Spencer's son with Stavros Cassadine. He left in 1998, at which time Stephen Martinez was cast in the role, and returned to Port Charles in 2003.

We'll have more from our interview with Christopher in the next few days, so check back with us!

Archived