March 7-11, 2011

Toups

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me, it was Josh. I hung on until Erica basically told Jeff and Joe she was sorry, she made a mistake and she regretted what she'd done. I was almost sick to my stomach that those words came out of her. That AMC even let that happen. That Agnes Nixon gave her blessing. Erica wasn't sorry. Erica didn't regret the decision she made. Erica did what was best for Erica; and as selfish as it was, I always admired her for standing by her decision. But to watch her, be reduced to that...I knew AMC would never be the same.

Then came freezer, the pancakes, add that in to "Babe is light" and "Krystal is a Saint" while Erica is a horrible bitch for aborting her baby...and that was it. A lot of people seemed to felt the same, like they'd had enough...and don't seem to have bothered to return.

• Members

ICAM about McTavish! She has driven me away from the show twice, once during her 2nd stint with Camille, That Kit Fisher Person and Mateo's stupid psychic coma, and then during her 3rd when Dixie died so soon after both the Unabortion and Edmund's death with Jonathan conveniently getting off with a brain tumor.

I also agree that Frons compounded the problem with his focus on Ryan & Greenlee, who despite his best efforts will never be a supercouple!

It really pissed me off that the week these ratings are for had Angie's return & Tad marrying Cara, but the promo was about Ryan/Greenlee and Kendall's simplistic triangle. Maybe lapsed viewers would tune in for other stories if they were advertised.

• Members

i think the sand has finally flowed thru the hour glass the show is a complete joke from what it used to be...how sad...aside from the pickup i dont think it will last and it doesnt seem to be doing anything to change it when i first started coming here days was the hottest soap and there was always news and new postings about days...now were lucky if there is a news update once a month...oh well..

• Members

I think if OLTL lives or vice versa, you will see a bunch of popular characters from the cancelled show on the other. It is not like ANY of these shows have an identity anymore, so there is no conflict of style. Yeah GH is the mob, OLTL is fast paced camp/high drama, but Erica in Llanview or Viki in Pine Valley will not even cause a ripple. One slight thing in OLTL's favor is that it does have a style/tone/vibe, love it or hate it, whereas AMC does not at all in my opinion. (I decided to watch 2 episodes of AMC this week since I no longer watch Y&R) It seems completely aimless.

I think ABC will try to please the fans that are left for BOTH shows, regardless of which one is cancelled. I still say OLTL is toast, but today's ratings are the first time I thought the show could have a shot at another year. And that's all it will be- 9 months to a year- unless the surviving show starts kicking some ass. And its just not gonna happen.

• Members

Frons doesn't care about pleasing fans. If anyone goes to AMC it will be the odious Rylee. The only reason they may not is Rebecca and Cameron may not care about going back to the East Coast or being on a show that may be gone soon anyway. Otherwise I can't see anyone from AMC moving. If OLTL goes then my guess is Frons would import Michael Easton and that's about it.

• Members

In addition to the Homeless and Cancer PSAs, B&B should do a 'Just Say No to Taboo Incest' PSA. Hope they make Thom gay because all of his lust directed at a monther figure gross.

Tuned into Days for the first time in months and the show is ATWT sort of boring. Didn't hate watching but won't be watching for a while. I credit the show's loyal fan base.

• Members

For me and I am sure a lot of people, AMC lost it's identity right aroubnd the time it tried to emulate Sex & The City with Fusion, Michael Cambius and those gawd awful male characters and I have yet to see it rebound back, it's kinda sad :(

• Members

Honestly, I think it's a little premature to sign AMC's death warrant. Yeah, the numbers could still rebound. I think if a trend develops over several weeks or months, the show could be in big trouble. OLTL is now where AMC was a couple of weeks ago. I never believed that cancellation rumor with whatever ABC's big announcement was. Whatever happened to that btw, LOL. I still think the show has some breathing room to try and reverse those numbers. Maybe if they can get back to a .9 on a regular basis. And sure, we all look at those numbers and say how tragic they are, but who knows what ABC' definitions of "acceptable" and "horrible" numbers are. I mean, a .9 could be what they're targeting for the show.

• Members

I think that that Frons is, in fact, pleasing some fans. He promotes Greenlee/Ryan/Kendall along with Sonny/Jason/Carly and OLTL's highly featured characters because they probably test very well with focus groups, get the most fan mail, etc. Visit other soap boards, network official Facebook pages, and reading YT comments and it is clear that these characters have lots of fans and are popular.

• Members

I think that's more about pleasing himself, or Guza. Every couple has some fans. I don't believe that anything with Rylee or Kendall is popular enough to warrant this. I think that Rylee in particular have actively killed ratings.

• Members

Word.

That is the story that drove me to turn off AMC forever. I never liked Maria yet Erica's heartless cruelty decimated La Kane forever in my eyes.

I remember reading Lucci running into a long-time fan who almost spit at her and being very shook up to realize how many fans now loathed the sight of Erica due to that story. AN defending it and the unabortion are just part of the problem. Writers believe they know more than the fans and need sometimes to acknowledge huge mistakes they've made.

As for the demos, OLTL was falling to 6th and 7th ranked in key demos in Dec 2009 while AMC was having a surge. But since May sweeps 2010, OLTL has been ranked 4th every sweeps and AMC dead last. Sure the difference isn't a huge percentage but spikes in viewership can spike up OLTL's demos. AMC seems incapable of getting out of the basement in demos for a year now.

• Members

Well, it isn't clear to me. I have yet to see a lot of support for Rylee out there even on YT and FB. Of course Frons is pleasing some fans, but he isn't pleasing the majority of AMC fans. Like it or not, the low demo ratings is proof of that. I think GH Sonny/Jason/Carly are on a different level than Rylee... Rylee is universally hated by the majority whereas Sonny/Jason/Carly have tons of fans. Sonny & Brenda's wedding helped boost GH's ratings, but Rylee's Valentine's day wedding didn't help AMC in the ratings. Rylee has never brought in high ratings for AMC. I've seen a lot of hate for Rylee on the official FB page, and less support. I think promoting "one" of the most hated couples in the history of AMC at nauseam is a detriment to the show. JMO!

• Members

Me either. Well, I'm not really a FB fan. Anyway, moving AMC to LA could not have been a worse move because look at what cha got.......Rylee. I bet there would be none right now if the show had stayed in NY and it would probably still have it's old home feel.

Archived