Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

While I think that's a good thing, and I don't consider Rauch racist either, it seemed a lot of soaps starting adding black characters around this time, so I think they may have been keeping up with the other soaps. As for Ellen and Lillian being fired, it was a time in which Rauch was dismantling the show's history. He also had characters in Bobby Blue and Lisa Baron, I have always assumed they didn't last because Blair Underwood left and by the time that was, less soaps had diversity, though the entire ABC line-up did with One Life the exception.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if Rauch is racist or not, but I am assuming that he had to free up some production money and he chose the people who could easily be written out of the story. Sometimes the salary of a seasoned vet can equal 3 or 4 new characters, new sets and wardrobe or maybe he had to cut the budget by X number of dollars.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Amazon is showing Victoria Rowell has a new novel being released in March: http://www.amazon.com/The-Young-Ruthless-Back-Bubbles/dp/1451643837/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1342153013&sr=1-1

As there's no summary of the book on the Amazon page yet, I'm not sure if "The Young and the Ruthless:Back in the Bubbles" is a sequel to "Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva".

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Not quite true. Courtney left OLTL in the summer of 1983 and she did in fact have a "final scene". Viki even threw her a farewell party at Llanfair. I have the tapes.

Rauch did not arrive at OLTL until the summer of 1984. He had nothing to do with Courtney's departure from OLTL.

• Members

Victoria Rowell's new novel "The Young and the Ruthless: Back in the Bubbles" is a sequel to "Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva". The summary is on the Amazon page. I for one can't wait to read it, as I thought "Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva" was really good.

Archived