Soap Opera Feuds

• Members

Carla would have thrived on Rauch's OLTL had they made her Victor's daughter, put wads of cash in her pockets, dressed her to the nines, and thrown her into an awkward triangle, come quad, with Viki, Dorian, and Tina. OLTL would have had its answer to Dominique Deveraux. Carla may have womp-womped like Dominique, but I think that's the big, splashy kind of '80s soap story that would have given Carla a fighting chance on Rauch's OLTL.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd still like to know exactly what Tony Geary's problem with Greg Vaughan was.

I realize that Geary never wanted Lucky recast and that the Lucky character was taken in an unlikely direction when Vaughan took over, but Geary always seemed really nasty with Vaughan, even when Luke and Lucky were actually getting along.

• Members

Re: TG & Larry, the only theory that I can come up with is that perhaps Larry may have held steadfast and upfront conservative views (as I know that both he and RH are Republicons) that TG* didn't care for. Other than that, I've got nothing (although I can't say that I was too bothered by TG's disdain for Larry, since I felt exactly the same way about that no-talent block of wood).

*While I can't speak for Shouty McYellerson's beliefs, I'm well aware that JJ is a Republicon and also know that he and TG are fond of one another because JJ has been described as being quite tolerant of others that don't share his beliefs.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I don't know if this would count as a feud but I just watched an episode of Watch What Happens Live from last month where Josh Duhamel was on and he confirmed that he and Ingo Rademacher got into a fight back when both were working for ABC. It was at a soap event and they put hands on each other and had to be broken up. Josh doesn't remember why they fought and said it was probably alcohol induced. He said everytime after that when they crossed each other there was tension

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Over at Santa Barbara, Jane Sibbett (Jane Wilson) did NOT get along at all with her on-screen love interest, Richard Eden (Brick Wallace), who was floundering a bit after the departure of Kerry Sherman (Amy Perkins Wallace) for full-time motherhood. According to Sibbett, here's what happened:

http://pierin26santabarbara.blogspot.com/2012/05/exclusive-and-unusual-interview-with.html

• Members

I couldn't see them together, either. Maybe because I like Amy and Brick so much (hence my screen name), and they worked so well together, that even though Kerry Sherman left the show of her own accord, things just weren't the same. There was NO chemistry between Brick and Jane, and I couldn't see them going on a second date, much less leaving town together.

Archived