February 14-18, 2011

Toups

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The soap ratings were inflated due to bad weather. bad weather..= no school....no work....people sick and at home....all watching some form of tv...ie soaps. Now that things are back to normal ...the soaps are feeling it.....It's like the Hulk transforming himself back to David Banner.....lol

• Administrator

I don't think this crash is a correction since a lot of shows hit new lows. Something definitely happened last week, in both primetime and daytime. The numbers for this week aren't "normal" because they're lower than usual (before the inflation).

• Members

I just love this...lol...its a funny take on what i was talking about. David Banner are the soap exces at ABC.....lol

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UBxRfHawo8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UBxRfHawo8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UBxRfHawo8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

But not all of primetime was down last week. Criminal Minds was up from the week before to name one show....Idol's numbers are actually lower this week than last weeks.

• Members

Let's stop making excuses for the sad ass soaps....lol

The weather improved and people had better things to do than watch soaps....lol

They were tired of being inside.

If that is what something happened...well so be it...lol

yup..yes...amen....

Who knows maybe the soap ratings were headed that way....where they are now but the bad weather made the ratings look better than what they were.....what if the weather hadnt been bad...maybe the numbers for this week would have appeared sooner.

• Members

That's what I'm thinking. I think we're coming off of about three months of inflation starting from the holidays. Between various holidays and the weather there have simply been more people home watching whether due to end of the year time off, illness, closures, whatever. It's been a perfect storm of factors. We're coming out of that "storm" now. If it's not that then I'd like to hear another theory that would account for across the board drop offs in daytime and primetime. Egypt? The drama in Wisconsin? Did something cause massive pre-emptions?

Archived