President Donald Trump

Sylph

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think we could do much worse, to be honest. His fame aside, The Taj Mahal is currently under bankruptcy, he has no experience at all in foreign affairs, his "I made my fortune and won my battles" shtick is another way of saying "I inherited my real estate business from my father Fred, and then built upon it", and none of this even begins to touch on his tacky taste in hotel decorating and hair.

The better question America should ask itself is beside being famous, what does Trump offer? His empire has been in and out of bankruptcy filings for decades, his pugnacious NY attitude is great in NY (and even we think he is something of a putz), but west of the Hudson where will that fly? The republicans are going to hate him once they examine his marry-go-round history.

This is all just another Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was said to be very smart and qualified to save California. How did that work out for them? Fame and public persona isn't a qualification for public office--a good qualification anyway--and Caroline Kennedy discovered that last year.

About the only thing I can say about him is he is from NY and not a gun-toting bumpkin.

• 5 years later...

Archived